1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Cybbe

Posts by Cybbe

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Cybbe
    • January 13, 2008 at 8:47 PM

    Mass Effect...

    Lots of Mass Effect... D:

  • Man uses Xbox Live to threaten rape

    • Cybbe
    • January 2, 2008 at 12:15 AM

    The only roads Jack Thompson are removing are the roads to freedom

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Cybbe
    • December 30, 2007 at 11:10 PM

    Drybrushing is hard with a mouse :/

    I see what you're getting at though. The green could be miles better, and the shades suck ass with the coloring. Maybe I should invest some more time in it, in the new year.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Cybbe
    • December 30, 2007 at 4:39 PM

    Yah, I know my thingie is sub par D:

    But really. It's almost new year's. I'm sure it'll get running again in the new year D;

  • Good compact digital camera?

    • Cybbe
    • December 28, 2007 at 2:16 AM

    I'd vote for the Ixus, but mostly because I'm a sucker for Canon and have considered buying that one myself. I don't actually know anything about the Sony one, other than Sony and I have a rather troubled past and I tend to avoid their products at all costs. But I'm not sure that's a valid point for cameras ;D

    But the Ixus seems like a really nice compact alternative, I'd say. And from what I've seen (friend of mine has it, or one like it), the quality is astounding for the price and.. compact..ness...something.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Cybbe
    • December 28, 2007 at 1:18 AM

    Really just a quick sketch I did, since I haven't had much time to draw stuff, and brought my pencils and paper while visiting my parents in the christmas period.

    Used one of the miniatures (that I coincidentally also brought to repaint in said period) as a model, so it might be lacking on some details. My eyes aren't what they used to be

    It's kinda out of proportion in places and the shadows could be better, but oh well

    Here we go, first in a while.

    [Blocked Image: http://berserkerrage.co.uk/upload/files/5/Spacemarine%20small.jpg]

    EDIT

    Just a real quick wrapup really.. Did some simple colorization in the chapter colors. Nothing big, but thought I'd spin it off here as well.

    [Blocked Image: http://berserkerrage.co.uk/upload/files/5/Spacemarine%20small%20coloring2.jpg]

  • Christmas Presents

    • Cybbe
    • December 28, 2007 at 12:21 AM

    JS100 (Joe Satriani signature guitar)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/eg/l/JS100_TR_1M_05.gif]

    Roger Waters concert tickets.

    Some small spotlights for when I need to paint/draw stuff as my room is currently seriously underlightened.

  • Aquaria: best indie game ever????evr.

    • Cybbe
    • December 21, 2007 at 4:13 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    you guys have hugely expensive lunches! i pay, what, around $5 for mine every day and it's a feast. regardless, no matter how inexpensive or expensive one's lunch actually is, comparing game prices with lunches is bad. there are lots of bargain bins where you can pick up games for $10 that are good, full size games. now, as i said, i dont require games like aquaria to be this cheap, but definitely 15 or 20 bucks and not 30. games like peggle, bejeweled or whatever casuality they make up should not go over $10, because it's not worth more. enough said.

    My mom would gladly pay the $20-30 for Zuma. I'd say worth is up to the consumer.

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Cybbe
    • December 21, 2007 at 4:01 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    To be honest, a mirrored skin on Duke is no big deal. Don't forget that Duke is an FPS, and many FPS games including the champion superb game Half-Life 2 don't even have a main player model. Duke really does need to keep working out, though. He looks nowhere near as bulky as he used to.

    I agree, tbh. In fact, I didn't even really notice it until it was pointed out. It doesn't really matter as long as Duke can still kick some ass. But I agree he needs to work out. Maybe that's why they've been waiting so long? Duke let himself go and now he has to catch up. That video was footage from his new training programme ;D

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Cybbe
    • December 21, 2007 at 3:26 PM
    Quote from Zete

    2001 trailer > this.10 years and you have a mirrored skin on the main character model?

    I have a feeling this game is going to feel exactly like prey.

    Forget about the mirrored skin. I'm willing to bet every model in the game is mirrored. But *shrugs* I'll wait and see. This might yet turn out fun.

  • The Most Annoying Toy In the World :)

    • Cybbe
    • December 21, 2007 at 3:15 PM
    Quote from Zacker

    That thing is pure chicken rape torture.

    That actually almost sounds like either a black metal band, or a Dimmu Borgir album. ((Pure) Chicken Rape Torture)

  • Fistful of Frags released!

    • Cybbe
    • December 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM

    Haven't looked much at it, but from what I've seen it reminds me of OUTLAWS

    Good job I'll check it out after christmas.

    (..God I loved that game...)

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Cybbe
    • December 20, 2007 at 3:39 PM

    I can't help but snicker at the fact, that after all, this teaser did cause enough commotion to now be at it's sixth page in our forum

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Cybbe
    • December 19, 2007 at 10:03 PM

    Not that I'm expecting too much from this either, considering I ruled out the possibility for a release ages ago, but maybe we should keep in mind, that this is just a teaser they put together for their christmas party. As they stated, a few people have been working through the nights to make this short clip, so if it's lacking in certain areas, that doesn't mean it'll do so in the final version of the game too. They've got, judging by their deadlines, plenty of time to finish up whatever they want. I think I even read somewhere that there was a lot of work still to be done.

    But I agree, that judging by the few gamplay clips with the plastic monsters, those parts do look awfully finished(and awfully awful). But maybe it'll be a blast to play through

    But well, Duke looking like he just shat a ton of bricks might be explained by the context of this video release. But who knows ;o I still think he looked like a badass, and if it ever does hit the shelves, I won't hesitate to buy and play it through, if only for the nostalgia. Even if I don't dare expect much.

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Cybbe
    • December 19, 2007 at 7:06 PM

    I prefer the megadeth theme ;P

  • More Crysis / F.E.A.R sequels

    • Cybbe
    • December 19, 2007 at 4:36 PM

    Haha, why am I not surprised that engine would be used for an island game ;D

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Cybbe
    • December 19, 2007 at 4:34 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Yeah, it's been so long I'm way past actively waiting for it, kind of like Spore. I guess they have a problem of penetrating this new world of people who have no idea what Duke Nukem is. They need to make something old fans who remember it as a nostalgic childhood memory like me happy, as well as intrigue new people. I hope it's nice and colourful and not dark and shit like every other Doom 3 engine game, though.

    In all honesty I don't think they can do it. They've left it that bit too long and pretty nobody is excited about it anymore, nor do all these new Xbox kids have any idea what it is.

    Quote from Quakis

    They originally used the Quake 2 Engine, then moved to Unreal Engine and have stuck to it, making their own major changes to it. That's once they've swapped engines.

    I'd like to see some sources on either of those :x

    I know Thrik is a trusted source.. But this time, it seems people are disagreeing?

  • Mapcore Trojan

    • Cybbe
    • December 19, 2007 at 1:15 PM

    /me holds frie

    Hrm, this does sound kinda serious. But seriously? Why us?

    I mean, we're a good community and all, but we aren't really 'that' big, are we?

    Unless of course this is just something random automated stuff and we got unlucky

  • EA announces "Tiberium"

    • Cybbe
    • December 18, 2007 at 2:48 PM

    I hope it will face more success than Renegade did.. Renegade was actually quite fun.. but since it kinda flopped, it was hard to enjoy it with noone to play it with :x

    And it kinda sucks alone, though the single player campaign did entertain me for a while

  • More Crysis / F.E.A.R sequels

    • Cybbe
    • December 18, 2007 at 12:17 AM

    If UT1 was the only one you've bought and enjoyed, then you're forgiven for not know how much different and shit UT2003 was So bad, that they seem to not even include it in their anthology packs, ever.

    UT2004 however was, though still vastly different, a rather nice game.. But I for one like how UT3 is a return to the roots. But then again.. I'm a sucker for UT's pace

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™