1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Cybbe

Posts by Cybbe

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 11, 2008 at 9:04 PM

    And the camera that made microwave noises when it was done taking a picture D:

    Wtf was up with that!?

    Was great though. Glad to finally meet some of these guys and put faces and voices on them.

    Zacker is a lunatic btw.

    But I still love him. Really.

    If I get to have a say (I know I don't), we should definitely try and do something like this again. Maybe more people will be willing to join, too, when they realize how incredibly awesome it is.

  • HDR Thread

    • Cybbe
    • February 11, 2008 at 1:54 AM

    I really need to get a tripod

    Looks really great guys

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Cybbe
    • February 11, 2008 at 1:33 AM

    I want to hug your monster koko It's cute.

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 11, 2008 at 12:43 AM

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Cybbe
    • February 6, 2008 at 4:46 PM

    I really loved breakdown Just jumping around ftw. I'm still doing achievements though.. But finished the game

    I found it to be a very good game, instant fun with no real hassle. It felt, to me, like a good GTA 3..

    Sure, it had some flaws, but I found those to be very small compared to the game's fun level.

    Got really annoyed at one point when I fell underneath the level and couldn't get back out though

    Good mix of jumping puzzles and action, sometimes in a frustratingly annoying combination.

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • Cybbe
    • February 5, 2008 at 5:02 PM
    Quote from Zacker

    Could we please make a rule stating that if people post pictures of their cute girlfriends, then they leave themself out of the picture?

    Then it wouldn't really be "your pic" would it, now?

    I agree with Zacker though ._. Hairy tomatoes are ruining the girl pictures!

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Cybbe
    • February 4, 2008 at 9:39 PM

    Grindtastic!

    -Edit-

    Okay, seriously though, it's really fun. great action and stuff.

    But I've only been playing it for the beta and a week now. Gonna see what happens once I get further. I heard it gets a bit boring after the endgame thing.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Cybbe
    • February 4, 2008 at 8:00 PM

    Mass Effect

    Tabula Rasa

    Tron 2.0 (replay)

  • GoreGirlz and the worlds biggest game jam

    • Cybbe
    • February 4, 2008 at 7:59 PM

    I don't get your game D:

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 4, 2008 at 11:22 AM

    I'm sorry, but you'll have to tick me off the list of attendees.

    My grandmother recently passed away, and I will be attending her funeral the 8th of february.

  • Ubi's Montreal office partially collapses and crushes car

    • Cybbe
    • February 1, 2008 at 4:50 PM

    In soviet canada, offices collapse you

  • "Hot Coffee" story coming to a closure...

    • Cybbe
    • February 1, 2008 at 12:04 PM

    Well, I didn't buy the game, but I might have, had I not not known that I could do that. Where's my money?

  • They Wonder Why People Don't Make PC Games Any More

    • Cybbe
    • February 1, 2008 at 12:02 PM

    Well, I'm a huge fan of electronic distribution, save the fact that I really like boxes. But digital distribution is probably the only thing that can actually save the pc as a platform, and they need to get their asses spinning with it Availability is the key.

    Anyway, glad somoene took the time to actually read it. It was quite a bunch. And while I do see your point, m8nkey, it doesn't really make it any less wrong. Just because it's available doesn't make it free for grabs.

    Also, I'd like to edit my "your" to a you're. I really don't know how that one sneaked in there D:

    Quote

    I buy my games because I can, that doesn't make me better in any way than my friends who don't.

    I'm not talking about who's better than who here. I'm saying that you should, ideally, leave stuff the fuck alone if you can't afford it. It's okay to go around trying out stuff you can't afford, pretending you can, but that's what trials are for, and a lot of people make do just fine with those. It's like.. "I kinda need to be entertained RIGHT NOW and it needs to be EXACTLY THAT, but I can't afford it. So I'll just help myself to it in some other means." Just because you don't have the money for it doesn't mean the entire society is going to go all "awww" on your lack of priviliged goods and hand it over for free as a sort of empathy reward.

    It's not about taking the moral higher ground, it's about the way things are currently, and it's fact. Buying stuff like this is a luxury, and the way society's built, luxury is for people that can afford it, and, well, noone else. I'm not saying that's necessarily how it's supposed to be, but it's how it is.

  • They Wonder Why People Don't Make PC Games Any More

    • Cybbe
    • January 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM

    (Okay, I've been wanting to post this for a while, but the forums have been shaky. Some of it might be slightly outdated, I've tried to renew it a bit. Also, this is not pointed directly at anyone in particular.)

    You can generally tell before you buy the shit games if they're indeed that shit they're not worth spending money on. Whether it be an obviously milked out franchise, or just seems to have an incoherent story, bad controls in a demo, odd camera angles, bad graphics on screenshots, or whatever you'd reject a game by, by playing the full version pirated. All these things are usually really easy to tell if you take the time to investigate things a bit before just deciding to get hands-on with it.

    Furthermore, though, games in Denmark are shit expensive. They are. But not in comparison to all the other shit in Denmark that's expensive. And I'd be willing to bet, that if you compared the same way everywhere else, the result would probably be the same - even moreso with the games that provide you with unlimited (as in - no end level) multiplayer fun.

    And even with these prices, each day after school while in high school, I found myself lurking around the local gamestore to see if a new title had come out, or to see if the prices had lowered on another title I'd had my eye on for a while, but maybe couldn't afford. And you do a major service to the developers, the game stores and the PC as a platform to actually go out and buy those games that you've been wondering about for so long. And if you haven't, well, chances are they're not worth wondering about at all, and instead of pirating, just drop it.

    And even with these prices, I never found myself doubting to buy a PC game I wanted, if I had the cash in one hand and the game in another. Hell, even if I didn't have the cash.

    Just a while ago, I finally bought Mass Effect, which I've been drooling about even before the release but never got to pick up - despite the fact that I knew it'd mean I had to adjust my food budgets accordingly. And that's also despite the fact that console games are even more shit expensive than PC games - sometimes even double the cost, if you get the PC game at a good price (As I did with BF2142, which I got about $20, despite it being recently released).

    And with that in mind, is it fair that people manage to buy their console games, but skip over the PC games that are, in fact, a lot cheaper?

    Buying a good game is basically a major kudos to the developer, and it tells them it's actually worth continuing to develop the games like they do, make a sequel or a series or something else. I'm by no means a saint. But I'm sick of all the people trying to justify what they do. Because the only reason they do try to justify it, is to try and cleanse themselves of the uneasiness that comes with thinking about the fact that they're actually stealing the results of someone else's hard work. Because they know it's wrong.

    And that thing they're feeling is guilt.

    And sure, try justifying it. Sure, the staff gets paid no matter what. But the sales might impact a well deserved bonus. Or might mean that the same staff will not be creating an even more successful sequel to a successful game. Or in perhaps the worst case scenario cause a studio to have to shut down because they invested more in the game than they could get back, maybe because they were actually betting on making the entire series - leaving those very people without a job.

    And sure, you buy what you like. But what about everything you didn't like, but managed to play through anyway and then bashed it for being shit? At least have the decency to buy it as a Best Buy title or something if you really crave it so much but are too cheap to pay for it. Because basically, you're cheating your way to something that wasn't yours in the first place. I find it hard to believe those $10 over steam or for a price-dropped title will set you back that much.

    I'm a student, so I can't afford buying games all the time, and that's even with getting monetary support from the government. If I did so, I'd probably afford buying two games a month, but sadly, I have a bunch of other things I'd like to buy as well, and sometimes, you might just have to realize you can't own everything and prioritize. And when you do buy that game, make sure you know what you're getting, and get the title you want the most of them all. Chances are the rest will at some point drop, so you can get both for the price of one the next time you can afford it.

    I know it's by no means fair to only get the bargain titles, anyway though, considering that at that point, the fate might have been somewhat decided anyway.

    But I'd still say it's way better than stealing your way to it. At least you're paying some sort of respect, as well as supporting your local gamestore (or steam).

    And even if you can't, it's not like all the titles released are all good. I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for you to catch up. And by the time you get down that list, maybe the stuff you do skip wasn't worth buying for you anyway, since you already got what you wanted the most.

    And then there's the sweet joy of taking your hard earned money and exchanging them for something really, really awesome. So sweet that you can't wait until you get home and get a chance to pop in that disc. Maybe you even take a look through the manual first, if you're that kind of guy. And when you finally get started, chances are you'll get an awesome feeling of money well spent.

    If you still feel like pirating.. Well, go ahead, be that guy.

    But at least take responsibility for it, and stop trying to deny what you're doing is wrong. In fact, stop talking about it all together. It's not something to be proud of.

    It's very much comparable to having to scamper around at a local market sneaking loafs of bread into your jacket pockets and

    wandering off, thinking your leaving unnoticed. Not realizing everyone is looking down at you in pity and shame. And noone

    would be proud of that.

    Noone.

  • There is a new Jumpgate MMO in the works!

    • Cybbe
    • January 31, 2008 at 1:40 AM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    hell people still play Ultima Online. The game is 11 years old! So yea MMORPG's can have a very long lifetime.

    MMO's can also have a very short lifetime. Like Auto Assault ;D

    I'd be tempted to say SWG and Planetside, too, but I guess SWG is still alive, albeit in a whole other form than it began with.. And Planetside.. Well.. At least it got a few years before it died (4-5?). Although some people are still playing, afaik, it's practically dead

    Think there were a few other failed mmo's. But I think these might be the worst ones, since, well.. Auto Assault didn't even reach its first year? And SWG/PS were both ruined completely by the devs beyond repair, and in the case of SWG, they just decided to start from scratch because of it :x

    -EDIT-

    Also, lol.

    Quote from dux

    I don't think anyone can dethrone EVE's hour long tutorial at least. Damn that was a deep walkthrough.

    Just a shame that the hour long walkthrough is more or less useless for everything except the very basics. You are taught nothing about all the stuff that's vital to your prolonged survival You have to either get into that yourself, or read up on it on their extended player manual on their website.. And even then, it's rather lacking in a few areas. Guess picking up information about stuff yourself is some of EVE's charm too, though

  • terribly frustrating games

    • Cybbe
    • January 21, 2008 at 4:49 PM

    I'd say the Contra series... But I so fucking love those games D:

  • Bionic commando rearmed

    • Cybbe
    • January 20, 2008 at 6:11 PM

    Definitely looks awesome. Feel like firing up my nes again and loading up the cartridge

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • Cybbe
    • January 20, 2008 at 3:44 PM

    Just get your ass over here

  • Who's your #1 in games?

    • Cybbe
    • January 14, 2008 at 11:23 PM

    This is going to be hard, since I'm such a sucker, really.

    But I'll split it up.

    Person assosciated with games:

    Ragnar Tornquist (.com), for "The Longest Journey" and "Dreamfall". Hopefully the episodic chapters following soon as well.

    Developer:

    I could also be a bitch and say Bethesda, but I don't think I'm gonna do just that.

    Instead, I'll opt for BioWare, having released a bunch of quality games that have brought me tons of addiction and hours on end of fun and immersion in their own or licensed(Star Wars) universes - Ranging from Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire and Kotor to recently released Mass Effect.

    Publisher:

    Would probably be a split between (new) Atari and THQ, each for backing a bunch of fantastic titles, and hopefully more to come.

    THQ for the Dawn of War series (which has now unfortunately been outsourced to a company other than Relic for the coming expansion. Hope it turns out good. Don't turn Obsidian on me D: ), and Atari worthy to mention in my eyes for Fahrenheit and The Witcher alone(To try and avoid mentioning the aforementioned Neverwinter Nights series. Hoshit..).

    They seem to want to publish those titles noone else cares about, but are really awesome anyway.

    Blizzactivision deserves an honorable mention, not only for the stuff Blizzard has made, but also for all the things Activision has put their name on that just rock. There's Call of Duty, Quake, and the Jedi Knight series just made my pants tingle, and well... Can anyone say Guitar Hero?

    And then, well.. Kudos on the merger.

    Ion Storm died...

    As a final note, I love Epic. I really, really do. Awesome, everything they've put their hands on. But I'm a real sucker for Adventure/RPG, so I guess it means they won't get on top. They're up there though.

  • happy 2008

    • Cybbe
    • January 14, 2008 at 1:34 AM

    Finish recording my demo.

    Draw my website.

    Release.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™