1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Cybbe

Posts by Cybbe

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • Cybbe
    • March 2, 2008 at 12:56 AM

    You should redo the church behind you. It looks way too sci-fi and surreal to make sense in that picture. It really just makes it all unbelievable.

    Also, Frie should learn to shave evenly

  • Die In Pain Rest In Peace

    • Cybbe
    • February 28, 2008 at 10:44 PM
    Quote from ginger_lord

    Shame the weapons dont seem to move around on the vehicles in the direction they are firing.

    http://www.diprip.com/images/news/News_ ... 06_big.JPG

    http://www.diprip.com/images/news/News_ ... 05_big.JPG

    http://www.diprip.com/images/news/News_ ... 04_big.JPG

    http://www.diprip.com/images/news/News_ ... 03_big.JPG

    Looks to me like they do (notice the cannon).

    My guess is they have a weapon selection, and only the selected weapon moves. And then it seems like, from the pictures, that the other weapons' positions remain unchanged upon switching weapons. ie. no resetting.

  • Die In Pain Rest In Peace

    • Cybbe
    • February 28, 2008 at 9:47 PM

    Maybe the vehicles are in fact the player models? Just a thought, I don't know :X

  • Gears of War 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 24, 2008 at 6:20 PM

    Yeah, well, I'm hoping the game will live up to it's task anyway. And just by being as awesome or awesomer than the first is good enough for me, really. But I'd really like to see it acheiving that by introducing new stuff instead of just boiling everything in the same pot. But who knows.. However, it's epic. They don't usually disappoint (noone is ever talking about ut2k3 again, ever. Ever.)

    And, well.. The chainsaw is freaking awesome though. Really great I loved it, and I still love it. And the chainsaw in the teaser made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

    Still liked the tech demo better though

  • Gears of War 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    Yeah, doing the same thing again with better tech is really shameful...

    lol BURN

  • Penumbra

    • Cybbe
    • February 22, 2008 at 9:31 PM

    By the way, word of advice, don't watch the movie about it. It's not really worth much

    Yes, they made a movie a while back (2006, I think?)

    And yes, it sucked.

  • game devs you really hate!

    • Cybbe
    • February 22, 2008 at 6:40 PM

    I've been doing homework all week, looking forward to this day where I could finally kick off my shoes and relax with some hammertime... And it doesn't work

    HAET

    -EDIT-

    I take that back. I fucking love valve for solving this issue in a time I assume is fast, considering I've only noticed it was out of order for 20 minutes

  • Penumbra

    • Cybbe
    • February 22, 2008 at 5:39 PM

    Yeah, and well, while I don't know what he meant by ripoff, the inventory mechanics have been like that, albeit not as advanced, for tons of games, and I'd be prone to believe that the former Alone in the Dark games would have had similar physics/lighting, whatever if it had been possible. Although, it wasn't really necessary back then Alone in the Dark used to scare the shit out of me. I have no doubt this one will as well.

    And saying another game is a ripoff of something else due to having familiar elements is just silly. It'd be like saying every game from HL2 and on would be ripoffs for having physics (to that extent, anyway), and saying that all scary games are ripoff of each other ;x

    Claiming ripoff should be reserved to the cases where the content is in fact questionable, and blatantly steals stuff from something else. I can't be arsed to come up with examples, but I hope you get the idea.

    And I hope the " " in buddy's post means he was in fact just joking, but things like this should probably be set straight anyway.

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Data Recovery

    • Cybbe
    • February 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM

    m8nkey, I had something similar happen to me, so before you do something, try to re-import the drive in your disk management. It worked for me.

    I didn't need to reformat it, either. It was simply stated as an unknown drive, and when I imported it(or whatever it was I did. Can't remembe rwhat it's called), it worked fine again.

    Worth a shot, I guess

  • Penumbra

    • Cybbe
    • February 22, 2008 at 4:04 PM
    Quote from buddy the designer

    Lol looks silly, total ripoff from Penumbra

    Well, to be fair, Alone in the Dark is a series that has been going for a long, long time... I wouldn't be quick to say it's a ripoff rather than mechanics are influenced back and forth between these two, and many other games of this and other styles...

  • Gears of War 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 21, 2008 at 9:37 AM

    That lump of meat just made me cum instantly

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 19, 2008 at 10:37 PM
    Quote from dux

    Sorry you should have been there.

    I was

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 19, 2008 at 9:58 PM

    What happened to pix though?

  • Mapcore Trojan

    • Cybbe
    • February 18, 2008 at 5:51 PM

    I agree as well. I'm not saying for or against anyone, but something needs to be done by someone. And fast.

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • Cybbe
    • February 14, 2008 at 7:51 PM
    Quote from dux

    fs noobs upload some pics and explain the joke. God. So useless.

    Shoulda been there

  • Biggest (european) game convention comes to my home town!

    • Cybbe
    • February 13, 2008 at 9:40 PM
    Quote from hessi

    LIES!!! Cologne > Leipzig! just to prove this compare dod_leizpig and dod_kolsch... :roll:

    oh and if you read again: EA = Cologne; EA = "Der Führer" of games. Since RTL will be located next to the "new" games convention the TV interest might be even bigger. Game related TV stations such as Giga and ESL TV get easier access too. Of course the east should benefit, but since the reunion is years ago now, there should be a bit more realistic view: a lot of people of the east leave the area. Even you left it! So why should the games convention stay there when even you quit!?!

    Did you just compare EA to hitler?

  • The Evolution of The FPS Genre

    • Cybbe
    • February 11, 2008 at 11:40 PM

    Don't forget Tron 2.0.

    Awesome game, really.

    Really.

    Released in 2003 as a sequel to the movie Tron.

    [Blocked Image: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4420/23198375ll8.th.jpg]

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Cybbe
    • February 11, 2008 at 9:20 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    Yeah if you want to hug that monster it's not just a random fact .. . I though that monster in the optic of : "the thing little girls will buy as plush toy after playing the game" haha

    I'm not a little girl

    It does look really awesome, though. You seriously rock my socks.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Cybbe
    • February 11, 2008 at 9:08 PM

    Source SDK

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • Cybbe
    • February 11, 2008 at 9:06 PM
    Quote from hessi

    i am selling my car :*( i made some photos for the web offer. i think it looks damn nice.IMAGE!!!!

    Please don't

    I can tell it's weeping. It's so cute. It loves you!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™