1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Cybbe

Posts by Cybbe

  • Safari web browser

    • Cybbe
    • March 27, 2008 at 5:13 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid3look at the bottom.

    Those issues should be, as far as I've seen and read, resolved with the updated r31356 build of webkit.

    -Edit-

    Ah, I stand corrected, the new build still has some issues, and - while being faster than the other engines (according to themselves, lol)- simply isn't fast enough yet.

    -Edit-

    Ah, Algor, I've found myself in the same position. I simply just don't like Safari, Epiphany or Konqueror (which all use webkit, or at least can be set to do so), so I'm sticking to Firefox and it's 54/100 score, and just hope it'll be better with FF3

  • Grand Theft Auto IV

    • Cybbe
    • March 27, 2008 at 4:21 PM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    Heh, it feels like it was yesterday when they announced GTA4 to the public - although it was, like, October 2007? Man, time passes really fast when you don't care

    Agreed

    I might rent it though. Or even buy it after seeing some reviews and whate veryone else thinks about it. I'm not sure I'm ready to play the GTA franchise again this fast But we'll see

  • Safari web browser

    • Cybbe
    • March 27, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    Negative, Safari doesn't pass the Acid3 test yet (no browser does). Safari was the closest to passing, but a few days ago the latest Opera beta out-beat Safari in Acid3 at 98% pass. Safari passes Acid2, but so does Opera and IE 8 beta (Firefox 3 is supposed to).The only reason I have safari installed is because I need to see how web apps I develop render properly. Safari is one of the most standards compliant browsers out there, but if you have a windows machine, just stick with firefox. At least firefox knows how to send credentials to webservers that don't allow anonymous browsing (a concept Safari seems to be oblivious to...)

    We just tested it today. The new webkit gets a 100%

    Oh, and for dux:

    http://acid3.acidtests.org/

    Try it with a few different browsers

    -Edit-

    Further linkage after a quick google: http://www.tuaw.com/2008/03/27/webkit-g ... -on-acid3/

  • Safari web browser

    • Cybbe
    • March 27, 2008 at 11:51 AM

    Safari is currently the only browser that passes the Acid3 test. Opera has had some labtest that they claim passed it, but nothing official out yet.

    So yes, if not faster than, it's at least about 50% better than FF2 (which only scores 54% in the acid3 test)

  • the daily "how was your day?" extravaganza 2008

    • Cybbe
    • March 27, 2008 at 7:29 AM

    Today is gonna be a shit day.

    I should have stayed in fucking bed.

  • New attachment settings

    • Cybbe
    • March 27, 2008 at 12:50 AM

    I know

    But you could summarize!

    Anyway, keep up the good work!

  • The best way to play Wii...

    • Cybbe
    • March 26, 2008 at 9:36 PM

    Even better, it looks like the sensor actually fits the entirety of the screen, lol.

  • New attachment settings

    • Cybbe
    • March 26, 2008 at 8:34 PM

    /me points at the edit button

  • the daily "how was your day?" extravaganza 2008

    • Cybbe
    • March 26, 2008 at 3:24 PM

    I actually found his amount and choice of plants to be just perfect. Really brings in a lot of life to the room. Great job!

  • Game Development Camp 2008

    • Cybbe
    • March 23, 2008 at 4:04 PM

    Damn you Zacker. Ended up playing that tetris game for an hour

  • the dollar

    • Cybbe
    • March 23, 2008 at 12:02 PM

    Gas in Denmark is about $2 per litre. But at least our gas has a higher octane. We get about 95 and even 98, I think, for that price, whereas in the US (as far as I'm told by discussing it with people) they pay the same price, but for a lower octane such as 88.

    Also, the dollar prices are awesome. Buying off steam has never been cheaper ;D

    Aside from that, it also actually pays off to import stuff from the US. Recently, I bought some books for uni, and even after paying for shipping and some VAT, it still ended up being about 50% of the price of what I could have gotten it for at home. Things like guitar gear made in the US has also dropped significantly in price in Denmark, so that's nice

  • Tropic Thunder Trailer

    • Cybbe
    • March 21, 2008 at 5:19 PM

    Robert.

    Downey.

    Jr.

    'nuff said.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Cybbe
    • March 19, 2008 at 9:51 PM

    We could even link to this thread as part of our portfolio!

    ..Or something

  • Series, what are you watching?

    • Cybbe
    • March 17, 2008 at 11:33 PM

    *cough* internets *cough*

  • Welcome back

    • Cybbe
    • March 17, 2008 at 2:13 AM

    \o/

  • Mapcore Downtime

    • Cybbe
    • March 12, 2008 at 8:58 PM

    I love you mojo

  • go-kart model

    • Cybbe
    • March 12, 2008 at 11:48 AM

    I found it one of the charming points that they were so small. Really cute

  • Series, what are you watching?

    • Cybbe
    • March 12, 2008 at 11:05 AM

    House and a little NCIS...

    But fuck I hat ethe needles everywhere in House D;

  • Aliens: Colonial Marines - WTF Happened!?!

    • Cybbe
    • March 12, 2008 at 7:45 AM

    I refuse to start thinking about who's the better, but I'd have to agree.

  • Aliens: Colonial Marines - WTF Happened!?!

    • Cybbe
    • March 12, 2008 at 1:30 AM
    Quote

    ":16kfj406]Man, this thread actually made me watch Aliens 2 again, last time I saw it was like maybe 6/7 years ago. This movie is made of pure awesomeness, I mean if this exact same movie was to be released on this year, 2008, it would still be a blockbuster hit! James Cameron did a phenomenal work back in 1986! After watching it again, and comparing to Aliens VS Predator 1 and 2, (The movies), and maybe even another recent action/horror movies, made me think on the lack of originality most of the movies has nowadays!

    Aliens 2 is a really bad-ass oldschool movie, and it still lives in my top5 favorite movies all times, so I hope Gearbox manages to capture the feeling, and to successfully integrate the player into the Aliens universe, and not only try to make another shooter with the word "Aliens" on it.

    That AVP is unoriginal might be related to the fact that it's a combination of two already existing movie series, and is thus effectively managing to bleed two great franchises dry at the same time. Good job

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™