1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Cybbe

Posts by Cybbe

  • Hey Helder, say goodbye to:

    • Cybbe
    • June 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM

    Popping in to say congrats mate! :3

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Cybbe
    • June 2, 2010 at 1:21 PM

    I may not be very forum active anymore, but I reckon it's time for another yearly post!

    This is me at a friend's place getting ready to head out for a pirate party

    [Blocked Image: http://www.cybbe.co.uk/Pictures/Me/Yarr.jpg]

    She helped me pick out the parts for the costume. She called me the day before and told me I had to go, so I was really in a rush, but it ended up pretty good She also did the makeup.

  • Battlefield Bad Company 2

    • Cybbe
    • January 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM
    Quote from dux

    Played it some more for over an hour. Laggy and broken as hell. It's a beta sure but that doesn't prevent it from being damn annoying to see your 30 round clip go into someone's face with no effect. Getting warped back through fences constantly or stuck on stupid little trees. The fov is just a pain in the ass and I cant focus on a damn thing its so small. The only small enjoyment I got was from playing a dirty sniper but that's weak as anything and takes about 3 shots to kill anything. If they fix this lag maybe I won't get so frustrated at it and enjoy it more. But until then it can fuck off.

    ????? In all the time I played I had literally zero lag issues. Maybe your settings are too high and it's in fact an FPS issue instead?

    Also sniper instagibs if you'd stop firing the bullets like it's a semen sprayer and actually try to make a headshot. This is BF, it's always been like this. But yah, I imagine it's not a game for everyone.

  • Mass Effect 2

    • Cybbe
    • January 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    I beat ME1 on the xbox last night to have a proper save. Because I was aiming for the Liara and Tali achievements I played with both the entire game but I didn't get any of the achivements when I beat the game I even did all the sidequests (except for the gases and metals one of course)

    Tali and liara are the hardest. You need to literally NOT DO ANY ASSIGNMENTS OR MISSIONS until you have them both in your party if you want to get the achievements. It's gotten a BIT easier after the DLC, but it's still a bitch. I needed the material gathering to get them.

  • Battlefield Bad Company 2

    • Cybbe
    • January 30, 2010 at 12:55 AM

    Played the beta for roughly 4 hours and found it to be pretty damn amazing. Definitely glad I preordered this, brings back good memories from 2142. Seems pretty refined too. I especially like the new knife and the fact you don't get tired after sprinting for 5 seconds anymore (infinite sprint). Knife feels a lot more like a weapon that it does in cod4, and even the older BF games, though you now use it on a melee button instead of a seperate weapon. Takes some skill to get it right, but I find that to be a better quality than everyone just randomly slashing in a direction like in cod4.

    The enemy spotted now works by pressing Q while looking at someone and works great. You can't see anyone on the map until someone spots them, and if a spotted enemy dies, the spotter gets an XP bonus. There are A LOT of unlock, pins and rewards. If you're any good at the battlefield style play, you'll level decently fast and get a lot of them. And nothing's actually more satisfying than checking out all the rewards you got after the round ends (and you can take your time doing it too before rejoining the game, damn you cod4). Of course the dog tags made a return. You get unlocks for a class by playing it, and it takes you linearly through the tree. But honestly, I prefer this over the old system. It seems you get stuff a bit faster, and it's working good so far. Also, some unlocks are universal for all the classes, like some rifles, and handguns. So if you've been playing a ton of engineer (like I usually do), you're not gimped when switching on to assault later.

    Anyway. Love this game.

  • Mass Effect 2

    • Cybbe
    • January 25, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    i really liked the story of mass effect, but gameplay wise i've seen better rpgs out there. of course in the end it's the experience that counts, and i will be getting ME2 by the time it comes to pc, but really, don't overhype it.

    Which is the same time as xbox.

  • Black Mesa Source

    • Cybbe
    • January 21, 2010 at 12:29 AM
    Quote from Erratic

    I still say OpFor is better than the original Half-Life. [Blocked Image: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee287/joeydl/smiley_smug.gif]

    This.

    OpFor was AMAZING. Half-life was groundbreaking though, and had a great story. Without Half-Life there'd be no OpFor, and they're both awesome in their own way. However, for multiplayer, OpFor wins hands down. Also, Shephard is ace. And I actually felt he had more personality than Gordon Freeman.. Though that doesn't really say a lot.

    OpFor also had more variety in weapons and enemies, and some really tricky levels (Fuck you level with the explosives and tripwires all over the place, and stupid black ops people with grenade launchers not caring if they blow the whole shit up). The teamwork NPC's were a pretty rad addition. Made you feel part of something bigger than yourself and created more of an atmosphere than the scientists and barney did in Half-Life, where everything was practically about you. It also provided some more insight to the story.

    Blue shift was [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • Mass Effect 2

    • Cybbe
    • January 18, 2010 at 1:22 AM

    All you bitches preordering the CE... Everywhere I've looked with a decent pricetag it's been sold out. Had to get the regular version, since I don't feel like paying £80 for a CE for x360. Can't wait to play the game though.

    And I'll probably end up picking up the digital deluxe for pc at some point, so I guess I'll still get the nifty art stuff.. Just in a more boring version

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Cybbe
    • January 18, 2010 at 1:18 AM

    Been pimping this game to all my friends any chance I got, and I just now bought it. I've had a blast, but mostly playing the fun game modes. I have to agree some of the tracks seem a bit big and eventless, but others are completely fine. Maybe it's a matter of taste. The puck game mode is hilarious, and watching the puck turn on it's side and run around the course by itself after I punchglove punched it was hilarious. There seems to be a bit of lag, and pretty horribly so, but I might have gotten a bad server.

    But that aside, the game is awesome Good job.

    And I'll continue pimping it out, if only to be able play it at LAN parties. I imagine there'll be shits, giggles and shenanigans.

  • Oh god. Here we go with the FOV again.

    • Cybbe
    • November 30, 2009 at 3:58 PM

    I've gotten this from a lot of games recently, but not Dead Space for some reason. It does annoy the fuck out of me that the camera is so close to the player though. But the first 10 minutes of Borderlands almost made me throw up and left me with a major headache... Audiosurf and Guitar Hero makes everything around me spin and feel wavy aside from the nausea and headaches. I dunno if that's a fov issue too, but it means I can't even play the games :/

    I don't know what's with all those low FOVs lately. Bioshock had a freaky one too, but at least it didn't make me sick. But maybe that's all because of the pace of the game. I've also never had issues with high speed games before, and I don't get motion sickness in cars or anything like that.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Cybbe
    • September 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thegrates.com/library/image/tambourine.gif]

    Oh yeah bitches

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Cybbe
    • September 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.pccomponentes.com/fotos/monitores/benq_g2420hd_24__full_hd_dvi_hdmi.jpg]

    Pretty sweet so far. For the price at least (1300 DKK, or roughly $235). I don't actually know what panel it is, but looking at the specs, a qualified guess would be TN. Comparing to my Dell monitor with an S-IPS panel, it really is lacking a lot of colour, but it's also a monitor that's 4 inches larger at about 1/4th of the price, so I think I'll live.

  • <3 MapCore

    • Cybbe
    • September 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM

    <3.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Cybbe
    • August 4, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    [Blocked Image: http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/877/877669/bionic-commando-rearmed-20080529113002829.jpg]

  • TRON Legacy

    • Cybbe
    • July 28, 2009 at 9:40 PM

    I'm pretty sure the first screenshot of the two is from GLTron. The lightcycle game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLtron

    EDIT: Which btw is a pretty awesome game as well. Just make sure to play it with a few friends.

  • TRON Legacy

    • Cybbe
    • July 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM

    Is this gonna be the same story as in the official sequel to the movie, here?

    Which btw. is pretty underrated and fucking awesome.

  • Underrated Games

    • Cybbe
    • July 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    Quote from Gloglebag

    Not by reviewers, but by the public[Blocked Image: http://mtvgames.typepad.com/mtv_video_games_blog/images/beyond_good_and_evil.jpg]

    I loved this game... Can't wait for the second installment.

    [Blocked Image: http://metavideogame.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/deus-ex-invisible-war-8.jpg]

    I have mixed feelings about this one, but fuck the ones who say it's a shit game. The story is great, the music is great, the atmosphere is pretty good as well. Yes, the gameplay was sluggish and it had a load of major game-stopping bugs, but I still finished the game for a reason. It doesn't reach as high as the first game, but still better than a lot of other games out there by miles.

  • Men of War

    • Cybbe
    • July 11, 2009 at 1:53 AM

    I've been playing this game a LOT a few months ago. It's pretty great. The voice acting sucks hard, but the game itself is amazing. The amount of detail put into it is mindblowing. However, what's fun about this game isn't (imo) really the multiplayer deathmatch type deals, but more the coop. I've played a bunch of 4 player coop with some friends where we all try to beat a map being assigned different units and taking different tactical positions and coordinating. This is where the game gets really fun. Because you get to spend more time micromanaging fewer units rather than just putting everyone into their deaths. The AI blows, so it's pretty much necessary to do that.

    Anyway, give it a try with some friends over coop, and it'll really shine. But it does have a lot of downsides.

  • Minecraft

    • Cybbe
    • July 2, 2009 at 1:14 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    quake level editor!

    minecraft level editor!

    Level editor level editor oh wait, this just turned into EOT.

    Let's keep on topic

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Cybbe
    • July 1, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    My 2 cents: Overrated artist - well, celebrities are overrated anyway -, pathetic and miserable person, a guy with a horrible childhood, just another human soul. He will be missed just as any other. I don't know, the whole Neverland ranch thing, the whole pedophile thing, the whole thing with being obsessed to look like princess Diana, his mediocre pop music....

    He was neither mediocre nor overrated. He's made hit upon hit and has brought a whole lot to the musical world in his time. You may dislike him for any other reason, but you can't argue that his music sucked.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™