1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. tomdon

Posts by tomdon

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • August 14, 2006 at 1:05 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/welldeck.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tomdon
    • August 14, 2006 at 12:13 PM

    If sandbags are left somewhere long enough you do get stuff growing on/in them .

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • August 10, 2006 at 6:21 PM

    I would do normaly but this stuff is going to be small in the final images. I am making an image of a big resuce hovercraft on a barge with lots of equipment on it. The hovercraft will be filling 90% of the image. This stuff really is background fluff.

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • August 10, 2006 at 6:18 PM

    Yeh, I dont like yellow either, they had all been a nice blue, but my client wants that yellow .

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • August 10, 2006 at 6:14 PM

    Small update, worked on the gen texture a bit and made a simple low poly fuel line.

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/gen.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • August 10, 2006 at 12:08 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/background_stuff.jpg]

    A selection of stuff that is going in the background of some images I am making. They dont have to be super detailed because they wont be very big in the shots.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tomdon
    • August 3, 2006 at 7:51 PM

    Looks nice ginger, only real crit is those sandbags look like they might fall over if they where hit by somthing. Maybe need another layer behind them for support.

  • BG2 map

    • tomdon
    • August 2, 2006 at 1:21 AM

    I have done that a hundred times using every combination of file names and file types. It ignores the material I tell it to use and uses the standard hl2 named one. I dont know if this is just an issue with the sdk as bg2 is based on hl2dm, it may work for other source mods.

  • BG2 map

    • tomdon
    • August 1, 2006 at 1:04 AM

    I am hoping valve will have fixed it in the big sdk update that is coming.

  • BG2 map

    • tomdon
    • July 31, 2006 at 9:08 PM

    I have made my own custom grass sprites already. But I have put it on hold when I realised hammer ignores custom detail materials. It will only use the material with the same name as the hl2 one. This means if I use a custom one it will change everybody elses bg2 map that uses the sprites .

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • July 31, 2006 at 7:30 PM

    His left arm looks like its bent downards like his elbow is smashed. His eyes need some red around the edges, and a bit of shadow as well.

  • BG2 map

    • tomdon
    • July 31, 2006 at 4:53 PM

    I share your dislike for the hl2 grass. It was ok to begin with but you just get so tired of seeing it.

    This grass is straight from my garden .

  • BG2 map

    • tomdon
    • July 31, 2006 at 10:51 AM

    Small update, I have started on the house/farm buildings at the edge of the map.

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/house.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/house2.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • July 30, 2006 at 4:02 PM
    Quote from SnipaMasta

    [Blocked Image: http://www.snipamasta.co.uk/Gallery/well.jpg]

    My only real crit is it feels a bit over enginered. Thats some hefty woodwork to just hold up a few tiles.

  • Skull model, suggestions anyone?

    • tomdon
    • July 28, 2006 at 1:38 PM

    Try using a darker shade of the bone colour for the shadows. Instead of using burn tool.

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • July 27, 2006 at 7:18 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    You still have a problem with his eyes imo, maybe i'm wrong by seeing the screens but you should try this :[Blocked Image: http://kokosovar.free.fr/eyes.gif]

    They already look like that:

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/eyes.jpg]

    I think the screenshots give the impression they are looking down, when they are not.

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • July 27, 2006 at 6:24 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/new_face.jpg]

    Did a new face texture for my jager.

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • July 24, 2006 at 5:46 PM

    New face.

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/new_head.jpg]

    *Edit*

    Textured and in hlmv, rigging needs sorting though.

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/almost_done.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • tomdon
    • July 23, 2006 at 12:27 PM

    Small update:

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/update4.jpg]

  • BG2 map

    • tomdon
    • July 22, 2006 at 10:05 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/battlefield0056.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://tomdon.net/images/battlefield0063.jpg]

    All still wip.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™