1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Psy

Posts by Psy

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • October 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM

    Alright. It's up!

    • Raw files (BSP, KV, NAV): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ijzy18d28mt1p3/WSDakEtht7
    • Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=182604249
  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • October 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    Quote from Puddy

    We sure can! Looking forward to it!


    Also, would be awesome if we could get some teams together and do a proper 5on5 on it later.


    Yeah. A 5v5 would be great!

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • October 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

    Dammit. I need to get me a mic! D:


    Anyways, can we test Overgrown on Sunday night? If we can, I'll provide the raw files tonight when I update the map.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • October 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM

    Just donated $50 to the 'core Server. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to see how this whole venture has turned into such a success.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • October 10, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    Quote from Vilham

    That doesn't stop people jumping off though does it?


    Nope. But at least it stops the bomb from falling into the water when dropped upon death.


    There's probably a work around to teleport the C4 back to T Spawn when it hits a trigger brush. I might investigate as I need to do it in my map as well.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • October 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM

    I enjoyed Cliff. Only issues was T's route to B being way too exposed and Mid being waaaaay too biased against the Ts.

    As for being able to throw the bomb in the water, there is a workaround. You can use a physics clip around the map and a filter so that everything can pass through it except the bomb. If you wish, I can go into the more depth at a later time.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • October 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

    I kinda liked Twinstar after a while but it definitely needs to be scaled way the hell down.

  • de_crossfire, work in progress

    • Psy
    • October 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM

    Digging the vibe, bro. Maybe a stronger fog would be the icing on the cake.

  • DE_Overgrown

    • Psy
    • October 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM

    Thanks for the feedback, guys. Glad you like it.

    I shall definitely be addressing the FPS issues as best as I can. For my rig, the lowest framerate I get is 120~ with everything on full settings which is (on my machine) comparable to the lowest framerate in some other maps. A flawed methodology, clearly.

  • DE_Overgrown

    • Psy
    • September 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM

    It's that time again. That time once in a blue moon in which I release a map.

    This is pretty much 5 - 6 weeks of solid work during my free hours. It hasn't been easy, because the base map I was working with was very ambiguous and required a lot of rejigging. As a result, I've probably gone slightly insane! But I hope you enjoy the product of my insanity which can be downloaded via the Steam Workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=182604249

    Now for some screens:

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/Downloads/Overgrown/rc1/new_05.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/Downloads/Overgrown/rc1/new_02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/Downloads/Overgrown/rc1/new_01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/Downloads/Overgrown/rc1/de_overgrown_02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/Downloads/Overgrown/rc1/de_overgrown_08.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/Downloads/Overgrown/rc1/de_overgrown_09.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/Downloads/Overgrown/rc1/new_03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/Downloads/Overgrown/rc1/new_06.jpg]

  • Which is best for Games...LUA or PYTHON?

    • Psy
    • August 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

    If you do use Unity, use C#. Javascript is poopy.

  • Steam Holiday Sale Discussion and Recommendations!

    • Psy
    • July 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

    Bought Antichamber at a whim yesterday. Ended up playing it for 3 hours straight. Fascinating puzzle game.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • July 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM

    Tuesday's good for me. Not too fussed about the time as long as it's after 7pm GMT.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Psy
    • July 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM

    So I've been working on Icebound and have a new version up and running. Obviously, I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm guessing that this could be tested at some point?

    You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qyrsvpw2qxx…cebound_a32.zip

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/de_icebound_a320007.png]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1008157/de_icebound_a320008.png]

  • failed Uni application :/

    • Psy
    • June 21, 2013 at 8:57 PM

    I went to Uni to study Games Design and it was a huge waste of time.

  • Xbox One

    • Psy
    • June 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM

    This used game debacle reminds me a lot of the music industry's battle with piracy...

  • Playstation 4

    • Psy
    • June 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM

    Anything less than 1080 nowadays would be preposterous.

  • Xbox One

    • Psy
    • June 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

    499 USD = 499 Euro.

    Wat. Why does every company seem to do this?

  • A Hat in Time on Kickstarter!

    • Psy
    • May 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM

    Finally, my dreams have come true. A game about hats!

    Looks great!

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Psy
    • May 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/9iiOvE7.gif]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™