1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Spinlock

Posts by Spinlock

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 8, 2006 at 3:06 AM

    http://www.mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2267

  • LOST (Imminent Spoilers)

    • Spinlock
    • August 8, 2006 at 2:31 AM

    How many of you keep up with the show? I can't wait until Season 3. Let's create a large discussion of theories and whatnot. To kickstart, what do you guys think are going to happen to Jack, Kate, and Sawyer?

  • MySpace

    • Spinlock
    • August 8, 2006 at 2:22 AM

    Mike, that design kicks ass.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 7, 2006 at 11:14 PM

    The contrast is perfect, Sindwiller. It could use some more damage and color, but I like it.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 7, 2006 at 9:31 AM

    Lacks contrast and there are overly sharp areas, but other than that looks good.

  • Rubbish Peripherals

    • Spinlock
    • August 7, 2006 at 8:00 AM

    Bean Bags > All

  • Pixel City

    • Spinlock
    • August 6, 2006 at 4:49 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1217/wippixelshot01lk9.th.jpg]

    The building on the right is completely finished except for a few touch-ups here and there. The building on the left, however, is under heavy construction. I know that the scale on the larger building is completely off (compared to the other), but that will be fixed, so please ignore that. I would really appreciate input. I plan on building a subsection of a city comprising of 10-15 buildings, parks, and other scenes, so this is only the beginning. Comments and criticism please!

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 4, 2006 at 12:53 PM

    Yeah, as I said I tried some new "techniques" (not that Clone is new, I just used it in a different way). And hessi, pure photoshop except for a few rock references... in fact, I didn't even use a cooled lava reference.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 4, 2006 at 12:32 PM

    Here you go.

    [Blocked Image: http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6308/clava01spivb5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9010/clava01spinormalvj9.jpg]

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 4, 2006 at 12:09 PM

    I killed the thread.

  • Texture and 2d Art Reference URL Thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 4, 2006 at 12:04 PM

    Wow, great site indeed.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 2, 2006 at 1:08 AM

    I attempted something a bit different... cooled lava. It turned out better than I thought it would. Just an experiment though; I was trying out some new methods. Renders with normal applied:

    [Blocked Image: http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/626/lava01aprev1vr6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6541/lava01aprev2mb0.jpg]

  • 2dspeedpainting - kitty getting wet [NSFW ! ! !]

    • Spinlock
    • August 1, 2006 at 3:32 AM

    The arm is fixed!

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • August 1, 2006 at 3:31 AM
    Quote from Nysuatro

    I take the challenge

  • San Andreas...

    • Spinlock
    • July 31, 2006 at 11:32 PM

    Yeah, I loved the Vice City gameplay, and this gangster crap is already getting on my nerves (8% completed). I wish they would revise Grand Theft Auto 3 on a larger scale, as I love the Mafia approach. It's just the graphics are so fucking lackluster it isn't even funny. Oh well...

  • San Andreas...

    • Spinlock
    • July 31, 2006 at 10:21 PM

    Am I one of the only people on earth that think San Andreas totally sucks on the graphical and audio side? The gameplay is awesome, but the polish just isn't there. The animations aren't fluid (hardly anything aligns properly), the environments are simply fugly, and the audio seems its being played in 32kbit... I just don't see how game reviewers who heavily criticize graphics and audio can give this game editors choice.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • July 31, 2006 at 8:27 AM

    No. The lord orders us NOT to do clean textures. Seriously though, what would you suggest for a "clean" texture? What in the real world is actually

    "clean"?

  • 2dspeedpainting - kitty getting wet [NSFW ! ! !]

    • Spinlock
    • July 31, 2006 at 3:30 AM

    Shading is nice, but what the hell is wrong with her left arm?

  • totally random texture thread

    • Spinlock
    • July 31, 2006 at 3:23 AM

    I personally don't like it, even though I spent about two hours on the damn thing. Oh well... comments appreciated.

    [Blocked Image: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6961/concrete02spihv7.jpg]

  • Best. Ever.

    • Spinlock
    • July 21, 2006 at 7:21 PM

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenag ... jaturtles/

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™