1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. JeanPaul

Posts by JeanPaul

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • November 16, 2006 at 8:22 PM
    Quote from Dodger

    I acutally went to Falling Water around 2 or 3 years ago and it was hands down one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life.

    saw the video it is rreally sick

    If you play through the map, its actually pretty ugly.

  • Unknown Worlds looking for artists for Natural Selection 2

    • JeanPaul
    • November 15, 2006 at 8:04 PM

    Applied

  • cat's map screenshots

    • JeanPaul
    • November 12, 2006 at 3:12 AM

    Love the bottom left shot, even though there are dev textures in it

  • Unreal Engine 3 for 14.99

    • JeanPaul
    • November 10, 2006 at 5:18 AM

    Robotblitz's maps look horrendous.

  • SDK's and You

    • JeanPaul
    • November 9, 2006 at 9:05 PM

    Hammer dudes

  • Night photos

    • JeanPaul
    • November 2, 2006 at 9:39 PM

    Do you have a high res of that first shot, I would like to use it as my wallpaper.

  • W.I.P. Critique

    • JeanPaul
    • November 2, 2006 at 9:10 PM

    I dont mean to be rude, but that ND map looks as good as it does mearly because of strong custom assets that Sa74n didnt even make.

    Atrocity, I, Ram, and many people have told you this on many accounts yet you dont listen. Your map needs more brushwork (preferably on the windows.)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • October 25, 2006 at 10:26 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Testing some with PhilipK's excellent textures It's a cool style!

    Hope I didn't ruin your textures by using them like this

    http://skjalg.mapmonger.com/screenshots/test0042.jpg

    updated the image with some of the feedback

    Using Point_spotlights on florencent tubes is one of the more hideous things I have seen done in Source. Delete those and add a Env_sprite with a low rendering level (around 100-120) and a high scale.

    Looks good otherwise.

  • dm_manila

    • JeanPaul
    • October 15, 2006 at 5:52 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    another belgian

    Good waffles.

    Anyways, love the map, even when I saw it at hl2world

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • October 14, 2006 at 6:54 PM

    I really like that map, but the lighting (light_enviroment) is oddly colored.

    Maybe a lighter color.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • October 11, 2006 at 4:17 AM

    That game is so damn old....

    Dont know, it just seems like a waste of time to me, thats all.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • October 11, 2006 at 1:25 AM

    I really do think its time to move on....

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • JeanPaul
    • October 8, 2006 at 4:26 PM

    I dare you to compile this for Source

  • pvk_fort map WIP

    • JeanPaul
    • October 7, 2006 at 4:02 AM

    Much better lighting and geometry, nice update.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • October 3, 2006 at 8:03 PM
    Quote from Meotwister

    I pretty much agree with peoples suggestions so far. I like how this is coming along, looks reeally nice man. btw, whats up with that mysterious blue light on top of the cieling pipes in the 2nd shot?

    Yeah, thats a reflection of the skybox that is out of sight in the screenshots.

  • Some pix from Siberia :)

    • JeanPaul
    • October 2, 2006 at 8:16 PM

    Nice pics, but whats with the highwaters?

    EDIT: What is the resolution of the source file of the second pic?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • October 2, 2006 at 5:31 AM

    How does this look?

    [Blocked Image: http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1251/sewer0015sv4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3717/sewer0016fi3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4936/sewer0017dc3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6989/sewer0018xv4.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • October 2, 2006 at 2:55 AM

    More sides to those arches please

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • September 28, 2006 at 8:15 PM
    Quote from e-freak

    i call for a super highres shot to create a wallpaper out of this...

    What ratio?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • JeanPaul
    • September 28, 2006 at 2:38 AM

    Remember this? Well its better now.

    [Blocked Image: http://xs307.xs.to/xs307/06394/sewer0011.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://xs307.xs.to/xs307/06394/sewer0012.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://xs307.xs.to/xs307/06394/sewer0013.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://xs307.xs.to/xs307/06394/sewer0014.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™