1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Pingu_swe

Posts by Pingu_swe

  • de_sidewalk

    • Pingu_swe
    • May 11, 2006 at 4:51 PM
    Quote from cdxx

    i played this on a server last night and thought it was alot of fun. Thinks I liked:

    - Layout, i thought the different paths ans shortcuts were well thought out.

    - Theme was consistant

    - Lighting was natural and ambient light was up enough that people aren't totally dark even in shadows.

    Things I did not like:

    - Getting sniped from the roof top. Not a real big fan of roof tops. I feel it pulls too much away from gameplay as you allow the player 360 degrees of sniping action.

    - A bit large. takes a bit to get the first encounter.

    Kickass man! keep up the stellar work.

    Display More

    I know snipers is almost always hated but it could also be fun. To encounter this I placed the ladder in the middle making so that both teams reach it at the same time. The snipers do not have much covers either and they are easily spoted.

  • de_sidewalk

    • Pingu_swe
    • May 9, 2006 at 7:29 PM

    Thanks for the comments, I using it as guideline for my future maps.

    I hope you like my map even if and dont have much sounds in my map,[TLR]CromWell.

    Thanks for the mirror RA7.

  • de_sidewalk

    • Pingu_swe
    • May 5, 2006 at 9:34 PM

    Thanks for the comments guys. I totally agree with you. My main goal was to make a map with great gameplay, the visual came second (Im only saing this becuase I couldnt do it better ). What do you think about the layout?

  • de_sidewalk

    • Pingu_swe
    • May 5, 2006 at 7:19 PM

    Hi, Im new here at mapcore. I want to show you guys my map de_sidewalk.

    Map name: de_sidewalk

    Map type: Bomb Defuse

    Author: Emil "Pingu" Fridell

    E-mail: [email protected]

    Number of players: 32

    De_sidewalk combines long-range firefights on open streets together

    with closecombat in narrow alleys.

    The gameplay is balanced and allowes you to practise teamplay.

    The roofs in the middle are accessible via a ladder and they are idle for snipers

    as they have view over the bombsites.

    Updates 2006-05-02

    --------

    * added decals showing directions to bombsites

    * improved fps

    * fixed some "missing textures"

    * removed HDR -since it only brought troubles-

    * max players set to 40

    [Blocked Image: http://hem.spray.se/furuslatt/de_sidewalk/de_sidewalk1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://hem.spray.se/furuslatt/de_sidewalk/de_sidewalk2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://hem.spray.se/furuslatt/de_sidewalk/de_sidewalk3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://hem.spray.se/furuslatt/de_sidewalk/de_sidewalk4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://hem.spray.se/furuslatt/de_sidewalk/de_sidewalk-overview.jpg]

    Download: http://%7boption%7d

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™