1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. mabufo

Posts by mabufo

  • de_nighthawk

    • mabufo
    • May 13, 2007 at 4:39 AM

    It's looking nice, but I still think the airplane is sort of wonky.

  • TF2

    • mabufo
    • May 13, 2007 at 3:37 AM

    TF2 is going to be bloody brilliant. I can't wait to play it.

  • Future Contest suggestions

    • mabufo
    • May 13, 2007 at 1:34 AM

    I meant only a physics puzzle... but that could get boring quickly. I say we go with with the 'design the coolest puzzle idea' ... and then limit it to a certain size.

  • Future Contest suggestions

    • mabufo
    • May 13, 2007 at 12:40 AM

    What about a physics puzzle? The word on the street is that the source engine does physics moderately well.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • May 12, 2007 at 10:40 PM

    Does anyone have a worthy substitute?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • May 12, 2007 at 6:44 PM

    None of my maps have beta stages...

  • Future Contest suggestions

    • mabufo
    • May 11, 2007 at 3:21 AM

    I guess I could manage the single player arena type thing, of course, with contests like these - I'm quite terrible at actually thinking up a map to make (IE: what I'm I'm going to map). For me, that's 75% of the trouble.

  • Future Contest suggestions

    • mabufo
    • May 11, 2007 at 1:55 AM
    Quote from insta

    If we did a singleplayer contest (and I'm talking small scale, keep that in mind!) we'd get _alot_ of attention/interest from these here internets, since everybody craves more SP for HL2. Even if only 3-4 maps were actually completed and submitted it would be a success.

    What qualifies as a small scale singleplayer level? An arena type thing? Lost Coast sort of short?

  • Future Contest suggestions

    • mabufo
    • May 10, 2007 at 10:10 PM
    Quote from von*ferret

    If you have an opinion support it. For instance, if you dont want custom content, why dont you want custom content? A simple "no custom content" is a poor argument and could be easily ignored. Just my 12 cents.

    Not everybody has the ability to create custom assets. This will give a huge advantage to the folks that do.

  • Now playing

    • mabufo
    • May 9, 2007 at 11:05 PM

    Commandos 3... I'm training my patience.

    and... Chess! (chessmaniac.com)

  • commandos 3

    • mabufo
    • May 9, 2007 at 2:45 AM

    Has anyone ever played this? Why is it so impossibly hard?

  • Blizzard's new game

    • mabufo
    • May 9, 2007 at 12:58 AM

    Lets not forget what happened to poor Star Wars Galaxies.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • mabufo
    • May 7, 2007 at 11:16 PM

    I think it's a pile of shit.

    I don't know how they'll pull off starcraft, if at all. Of course, we'll have to wait almost two years to see anything substantial. I don't want to gawk at some cg movie that will be released on the 19th.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • May 7, 2007 at 1:46 PM

    I'll probably just release mine in the next day or so... It's been sitting on my HD uncompleted for long enough. I'll just add the soundscape, fix the lightmaps, and kick it out the door.

    (and I did fix those railings)

  • Blizzard's new game

    • mabufo
    • May 6, 2007 at 10:23 PM
    Quote from wacko

    ha... I do not think you have to work there to see what they did right and why they have a large player base.

    people = sheep

  • Blizzard's new game

    • mabufo
    • May 6, 2007 at 10:15 PM

    Star Wars Galaxies used to be the shit.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • May 6, 2007 at 9:52 PM

    My goodness it's been quite a while since I've seriously dropped any screens in this thread. Too long I've decided. I'm finally going to get around releasing this second map that I've been sitting on for a long while... dm_BreakFree I've just got the infamous 'finishing touches' left to go (more models, decals, items, lightmaps...). Also, I think I've fixed my texturing problem - though my solution results in minor misalignments, they pretty much go unnoticed see below:

    http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4300 ... 000vt4.jpg

    As you can see, the textures don't align perfectly, but it is better than abruptly switching between a green and white texture. Anyway, onto the real shots. I'm sure most of you will remember this map.

    http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7629 ... 001ln1.jpg

    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2377 ... 002tw7.jpg

    http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1386 ... 003ng4.jpg

    http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6598 ... 004xr2.jpg

    http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/12/d ... 005zo8.jpg

    http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8013 ... 006gb3.jpg

    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5811 ... 008rv6.jpg

    The whole idea is that the well lit areas should draw more gameplay (with the help of clever spawn placement). Don't worry about the huge room, half of the object will break when damage is received, so there shouldn't be too much clutter. Let me know what you think.

    Also, in the shot with the arched ceiling, the pipes will probably be removed, because I have to use multiple models, and they get lit sort of funny.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • mabufo
    • May 6, 2007 at 8:22 PM

    Have you ever played WoW? It's mindless. I actually find it hard to believe that there are 8 million subscribers or whatever. The quests were lame, and the whole battlegrounds thing was grossly overrated. Don't even get me started with the rudeness of the playerbase.

    One mmo I really did enjoy was EVE Online. Contrary to popular belief this game is both hardcore, or casual. I suppose you'd just have to try it to understand what I mean, but they balance skill training with the gameplay very nicely. Eve's playerbase is growing exponentially as well.

    EDIT: Of course, it sucks that I have to pay monthly for it.. I wish there was something like guildwars set in space... I like space.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • mabufo
    • May 2, 2007 at 4:07 AM
    Quote from Rick_D

    Only problem is HL2DM is sucky shit with a topping of crap.

    True enough.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • mabufo
    • May 2, 2007 at 3:14 AM

    We should just have regular mapcore deathmatch outings, so we can play each other's maps.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™