Wouldn't it be possible with new hosting to have a new startpage where one could include such a list?
Posts by e-freak
-
-
-
-
#1 and #3 are my favorites. any details on the setup (whitebox, lighting etc)?
-
-
Looks like Fear - Fear 1. But the trailer is still cool
-
i think you have to set it as a console command via trigger?
-
best ever

on the engine-switching: I would save the details for that stuff in an easy accessable txt file (or cfg whatever) so you can easily adapt to randomly changing directory-structures
-
Quote
":3r5nch11]I love you Thrik!
-
let's say I want to put my picture on my own FTP because I post it in like 5 boards and it has a resolution of 293532*24922 because someone wanted cake and now I implent the picture with good ol' img-tag. is this picture resized to 800*600 (or whatever) or will it just demolish the board style again (because we had these high res crysis pictures for example and i had to open every single picture in an extra tab because the board cutted off the edge)
-
sry my previous post was a bit uncalled, esp. since you say you are new to texturing. The most basic tip is : If you are trying to make a texture seemless you never work with mirroring it but with stamping/cloning. The Problem with Mirroring is, that the human eye catches far too quick on patterns and can see such mirroredges within the break of a second while a stamped/cloned texture seem looks natural (ofc this needs practice and doesn't help in every case).
So getting started on a foto-refference to texture process is mostly something like: Scale the image to the right size, cut off a 512² (or 1024²) part or puzzle it together and then move it so you have the obvious seems in the middle of the texture and try to overpaint them instead of mirroring them.
-
Does the same work for out-sourced images?
-
Mainz 05? gnhihihi...
OK, but the design itself looks cool. Allthough I'd go without real shading in there and reduce it to black and red and have highlights in the head marked with red and shadows in the hand with black - everything else (apart from the "tattoo" ofc) reduced to the 2 colors
-
I think it's a little bit too bright. You could lower the brightness and add a little blue to the light (just a little little little little bit) which would make it look more interesting in terms of "Where do I have to look first?"
-
guy - that's a rather unawesome texture - sry to say but you might have seen that you have a FAAAT Mirroring in the mid of the texture and it might not stress to much within a single jpg but you will have a Tiletiletiletiletiletile Ingame with such an obvious mirror (on 256,y)
-
as you said: it deserves its on thread, especially if someone could post up simmilar presentations for unreal or cryengine. I would be interested in seeing the differences between the various approaches.
This is the readers version of the presentation btw:
http://www.valvesoftware.com/publicatio ... tress2.pdf
And some basics behind the Non-Photo-Realistic Rendering:
http://ati.amd.com/developer/shaderx/ShaderX_NPR.pdf
Rendering in Source (general)
http://ati.amd.com/developer/siggraph06 ... Engine.pdf
And the Effects:
-
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10293&p=190259#p190259
- btw: there are simmilar reads by valve on the topic, going deeper into hl2 and ep1 render-techs (i just have to find the damn link again) -
mh i remember powerups from a lego-racer game which could be combined (like get two rockets and it is double power, get three rockets and you have an A-Bomb to throw at enemies) -> combined with additional submodels (like taking up a mg-powerup and you have a fat gatlink on your car) and some FOV-Effects (as you described and a lower-going camera (the faster you go the more the cam is going near to the ground and such stuff) would be my wet dreams

-
you're not done by then. The Normal Map is very clean - you can easily overlay it with different greyscales of the difuse if you don't want to model it out all by your self. At the current state it would look like plastic tiles with printed details. some decent noise helps a lot! none the less: nice approach on creating textures.
-
I use a 350D as well and as much as I appreciate that cam I'm not sure if I would go for it another time. Try the cam but try some nikons as well. They both feel completely different. And try to get a rechargable battery with it and a fitting recharger. I had it with mine and a friend of mine didn't and she had to buy another 50 bucks for that I saved by buying a kit with everything included (apart from the lenses ofc)