1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. e-freak

Posts by e-freak

  • Wacom Import

    • e-freak
    • June 17, 2008 at 12:05 AM

    yes I think i'll go for the intuos. hessi I'll contact you within the next days - maybe we can make a good deal

    on the cintiqs - i used the 21ux at last Games Convention alot and it really feels great! It's by far the best damn thing I've ever used. The hotkeys and the usage is damn ace and I couldn't see any problems with contrast or colors... but the pricing is pretty much off my pocket...

  • Euro Cup 2008

    • e-freak
    • June 17, 2008 at 12:01 AM

    -snip-

  • Euro Cup 2008

    • e-freak
    • June 16, 2008 at 5:08 PM

    -snip-

  • Wacom Import

    • e-freak
    • June 16, 2008 at 5:06 PM

    Another question: If i buy my wacom in europe I'd consider going for a cintiq. The Intuos A4 is pretty nice for 400 bucks but I also love the cintiqs and the small one (12") is at 1200€ (maybe 1000 with student pricing). Has anyone any experience/direct comparsion of these two? I know I can work precise with an Intuos but with the Cintiq it feels further way more direct...

  • Wacom Import

    • e-freak
    • June 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM

    Sooooo... wacom just informed me that European and American Wacom will not take warranty as "Wacom Japan and Wacom Europe are two different companies with different pricing- and warranty-policy."

    Anyone here with a wacom had any problems ever? Because I'd be willing to risk not having warranty on the product if I knew that no one has any problems with it

  • Wacom Import

    • e-freak
    • June 16, 2008 at 12:21 PM

    the problem with extra ordering is that she has limited lugage of 20 kilograms and is coming to germany only once this year I'd love to order a whole pallette of wacoms ^^

    Price examples (Yen2euro http://www.oanda.com/converter/classic ):

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/WACOM-Intuos3-% ... B0002ZCK4M

    http://www.coneco.net/PriceList.asp?COM_ID=1040922007

    http://kakaku.ecnavi.jp/item_info/20475461950058.html

  • Wacom Import

    • e-freak
    • June 16, 2008 at 11:59 AM

    so... I'm going to buy me a new Wacom and migrate to PS CS3 finally. While I already have a good offer for CS3 the Wacom is still expenssive as hell. Buuuut... my sister is currently living in Japan and I asked her to see the prizes for Wacoms over there. To my surprise Japan is not cheaper but hell lot cheaper. I'd pay 220€ for an Intuos3 A4! Another 30€ for Toll here in Germany but that's acceptable as this is 250€ in opposite to 480€ (400€ with student-pricing) I'd have to pay here for the very same product!

    So my question is: Has anyone experience with importing Wacoms/Electronical Devices and warranties? Because as much as I hope the Wacom will never fail I'd still like to have a year or two of warranty and many companies allow international warranty nowadays (e.g. I have full warranty for my notebook for 1 year around the world) and has anyone experience with different wacom pens? because at this price I'd love to order a paintbrush pen and some additional mines

  • Euro Cup 2008

    • e-freak
    • June 16, 2008 at 10:30 AM

    -snip-

  • Euro Cup 2008

    • e-freak
    • June 15, 2008 at 11:13 PM

    -snip-

  • Euro Cup 2008

    • e-freak
    • June 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM

    -snip-

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • e-freak
    • June 15, 2008 at 7:19 PM

    is there a bevel and emboss filter on the Schockers Text? Because It looks like and it makes it looks *sry* shitty. I'd go for plain text as it looks like a hologram and the fake height makes it looks like floating soap... (otherwise great atmosphere )

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • e-freak
    • June 15, 2008 at 3:10 PM

    3 +1 as the linked thread states. (Coder, Scripter and Hourences as LD + 1 add. Volunteer)

    looks solid but atm there's too less contrast. I had a hard time spotting the ball at first. It might be worth a try to either set the env darker and the ball brighter or test a waaay brighter env. Oh and for a puzzle game it might be better to have less "hotspots" in your textures - these should be reserved for key-points (or have the light a lot more contrasty)

  • your computer 2008

    • e-freak
    • June 15, 2008 at 12:10 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://efreakhost.ef.funpic.de/computer.jpg]

    Desktop:

    AMD Athlon 64 3500 +

    4 * 512 @ 400 MHz Infeneon/Kingston

    Asus A8N-E

    NVidia GeForce 7800 GT

    Terratec Aureon 7.1 Space

    Logitech Z-640 Soundsytem

    Benq FP91V (19") + Gericom Blueshadow (15")

    Logitech MX 518

    Pentagram O'Pen XXL Tablet

    Logitech Internet Navigator

    Samsung HDD 300GB 10000RPM

    Seagate HDD 120GB 7200 RPM

    Western Digital External HDD MyBook 500GB (Fotostorage )

    Samsung DVD Burner

    Noname DVD-drive

    Skymaster Card-Reader

    Windows XPSP2

    My Notebook

    Samsung R700

    Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 at 1,83 GHz

    2 * 2048MB DDR2 Ram (The Bios displays both but Vista shows only 3070MB WTF)

    Nvidias Geforce 8600M GS 256 MB

    HDD 250 GB

    DVD Burner (Multiformat)

    Integrated Webcam (nice for skyping)

    Cardreader (The manual states 7in1 - I only see 3in1 WTF)

    Windows VistaSP1 Home Premium

    17" Display

  • [TF2] ctf_aerospace (beta 4)

    • e-freak
    • June 14, 2008 at 1:34 PM

    For the Waterfall you can use the new Particle Editor (Start TF2 with -tools as parameter and press F10 I think)

  • [TF2] cp_unnamed (updated)

    • e-freak
    • June 14, 2008 at 1:23 PM

    the new texture is ace. very tf2sh

  • your computer 2008

    • e-freak
    • June 13, 2008 at 10:53 AM

    -snip-

  • PC Adventure Game Accused Of Ripping Assets

    • e-freak
    • June 12, 2008 at 12:55 PM

    It's made by three guys from kent, uk - one seems to be a pub bar-man and another one is a "mature student" (all at the upper 40s age)

    WTF this is sooooo much fail

  • [Video] Id Tech 3&4 with Ray tracing

    • e-freak
    • June 12, 2008 at 11:18 AM

    old

    Daniel Pohl reprogrammed Q3 years back and we used parts of the code for our informatic-lessons at school :S

    Sindwiller will remember the discussions we had about it on another mapping site... ^^

  • My photo thread

    • e-freak
    • June 11, 2008 at 12:54 PM

    Not as impressive as your last shots but quite some nice techniques esp. on those sillouette shots although a better background wouldn't hurt for this kind of shots.

  • [DoD:S] dod_orange_chiron_tl34

    • e-freak
    • June 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM

    Get this straight: You neither designed the Layout, nor did you texture anything, nor did you use a lightsource or closed all leaks, you built invisible jumppads? Sounds like...

    Fail

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™