1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. e-freak

Posts by e-freak

  • Crysis Warhead

    • e-freak
    • September 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/crysis_germanyzal.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/warhead_germanyot2.jpg]

    I wanna leave this country now!!!

  • Let pupils abondon spelling rules

    • e-freak
    • September 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM

    -snip-

  • Crysis Warhead

    • e-freak
    • September 13, 2008 at 10:55 AM
    Quote from e-freak

    What's driving me mad is that they sell Crysis for 40$ in US/NAmk and 60$ in Europe. At least Warhead isn't more expensive than the retail-version...

  • Video Games and Learning

    • e-freak
    • September 13, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    The X series is full of such references to history etc. (the boron queen is called Menelaus for example) and every time you load up the game, it shows up a random quote of a philosopher or a scientist. When you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you.

    - Nietzsche

    They did a pretty good job alright...

    there you prove Taylor's "they get blurred with all the other parts of the game". quouting Nietzsche doesn't make you understand Nietzsche at all, I'd even say, reading such Quotes out of context and combined with ("stupid") game content will lead so far you learn something wrong out of it.

  • Crysis Warhead

    • e-freak
    • September 13, 2008 at 9:33 AM

    Anyone mentioned it's released via Steam?

    Oh and GabeN and Avni Yerli are congratulating themselves

    Quote

    "The millions of gamers logging into Steam every week to play today's best PC games are going to love Crysis Warhead," said Avni Yerli, Managing Director at Crytek. "Crytek Hungary has done a terrific job creating this new experience while optimizing CryEngine 2, and we're looking forward to delivering it and the original Crysis as our first offerings on Steam."

    "Crytek is one of the industry's great success stories, emerging new technology and talent," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "Crysis is one of today's leading PC franchises and delivering the original and Crysis Warhead via Steam is landmark for the platform."

    What's driving me mad is that they sell Crysis for 40$ in US/NAmk and 60$ in Europe. At least Warhead isn't more expensive than the retail-version... Well, I'll get my Sandbox Editor through University anyway but I was so gonna buy this now if they wouldn't raise the price again...

  • Video Games and Learning

    • e-freak
    • September 12, 2008 at 10:03 AM

    yes I remember that kind of info in Battlefield Vietnam's loading screens. the OST build from music out of this time did it's part to really get me into reading about Vietnam. I think another good example would be the Age of Empires Series (at least 1 and 2) which referenced alot of historical happenings like the greeks and romans, the crusades, djingis kan etc..

  • HL2 Model Sizing Issue

    • e-freak
    • September 11, 2008 at 9:05 PM

    there is no convertion factor. it's 1 unit is 1 unit. 72 units in hammer are 72 units in xsi/maya/3Ds Max. eg a door is 104*48*11,5 equivalent in which tool or software you're working.

  • [3Ds Max] Applying smoothing Groups after Unwrapping

    • e-freak
    • September 11, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    Quote from arhurt

    Edit: Also, that looks TF2-ish to me. Like an airplane door? Must see!

    soon... soon

    thanks for the help both of you

    worked out perfect

  • Spotlight

    • e-freak
    • September 11, 2008 at 1:40 PM

    I'd say just have 15 people vote spotlight and there you go. Shouldn't depend on time. Maybe restrict the right to vote to users with 50+ posts or active for more than 3 months or something like this?

  • [TF2] CP_Great_Heights

    • e-freak
    • September 11, 2008 at 1:37 PM

    looks like a badass vertical assault

  • BioWare Aurora Engine

    • e-freak
    • September 11, 2008 at 1:34 PM

    and you should get in contact with the whitcher's team as they licensed it before. they may be able to give you an insight on the quality of support by bioware.

  • [3Ds Max] Applying smoothing Groups after Unwrapping

    • e-freak
    • September 10, 2008 at 8:24 PM

    I modelled a fairly basic door, you can see here:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/clorkc7.jpg]

    after I had the result I wanted I went for UV-Mapping the door and textured it. Now I forgot to apply smoothing groups to the model and it looks kinda idiotic to have hard edges all over the places. Now I wanted to go to the editable poly modifier again (leave the Unwrap UVW modifier) and it gives me an error message I'm about to lose everything I did with the modifier. Well I can see the problem with modifying the model after unwrap but I just wanna apply some smoothing groups and not alter the shape at all. But no chance as soon as I apply a smoothing group it loses all uv-coordinates and I don't wanna reunwrap the model (esp since I may run into the problem again with more complex models )

    can anyone help - how to apply smoothing groups without losing the already created uv-map?

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • e-freak
    • September 9, 2008 at 8:14 PM

    there are some free svn-hosts you could use. You can get a root server much cheaper than 100 bucks a month, i'd seen some good offers at 30 bucks.

  • Kane & Lynch director talks about being critically panned

    • e-freak
    • September 9, 2008 at 2:21 PM

    that was a very good read - thanks for the link

    on the topic:

    I didn't buy the game allthough I really liked the demo. My personal problem was that I didn't see any advantage behind the SP as none of my friends was going to buy it and coop without someone you know isn't that much fun. No modding tools I'd know and so I sticked to the demo, played it twice and left the game there.

    One main problem I see with the game is the fact it had some movie-sh PR before (the concepts were just great as were the trailers) but with the Eidos-vs-Reviewers-Conspiracy and the issues with the demo that only ran on one of my 4 computers I felt it wouldn't be my kind of game - adding I'm not a big fan of the Hitman-Games as games (I like the concept but it fails entertaining me) I passed out and I heard the very same from a lot of friends.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • e-freak
    • September 8, 2008 at 9:10 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/facegtb.jpg]

    needed a change from these unearthly challenge contest doodles: (I'm doing 3 of these a day to get a hang what kind of perspective looks best :/ )

    [Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt-1w23.jpg]

  • STALKER: Clear Sky

    • e-freak
    • September 8, 2008 at 3:19 PM

    Well, but if there's someone like Valve giving you additional content every here and when you will bite your ass for having a closed system, esp if you're using the 360 and Microsoft makes you pay 10 bucks for the (PC-Users) free content!

  • Last.FM

    • e-freak
    • September 7, 2008 at 1:57 PM

    I've been using it for like 2 weeks and then threw it away. Doesn't work for me. I've my playlist I can enjoy, don't need anything else.

  • STALKER: Clear Sky

    • e-freak
    • September 5, 2008 at 12:31 PM

    Go Steam.

    edit: seems like release is tommorow?

    http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?are ... AppId=9390

  • Test your color IQ

    • e-freak
    • September 4, 2008 at 6:32 PM

    * Your score: 4

    * Gender: Male

    * Age range: 16-19

    * Best score for your gender and age range: 0

    * Highest score for your gender and age range: 1332

  • The random model thread!

    • e-freak
    • September 4, 2008 at 4:38 PM

    yes thank you

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™