1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. e-freak

Posts by e-freak

  • Somebody at 2KSports forgot something

    • e-freak
    • October 22, 2008 at 2:36 PM

    Steam plays the keygen or how do they manage to know that no one starts sending his disc around now?

  • TF2 push for a community map release

    • e-freak
    • October 21, 2008 at 6:03 PM
    Quote from Ginger Lord

    Oh I forgot that they didnt include them. Shows how much I paid attention to DoDS. So if they won't do it for one game, I see it as highly unlikely you can do it for another, most you could probably get is similar advertising.Also what do you mean TF2 custom maps are valve property? Some obscure clause in the EULA?

    No, valve just released some custom maps, like steel or fastlane. And as they might have to update those maps someday they have to have the rights on these, otherwise any further customization would be against the owner's copyright.

  • DM-Grand-Diablo_Beta3 Mega Update !!!! image heavy

    • e-freak
    • October 21, 2008 at 7:19 AM

    i like your current set up but please lower the ambient brightness (so more lighting only by the lightsources in level height and no sun light

  • arena_goldtooth

    • e-freak
    • October 21, 2008 at 7:12 AM

    On these screenshots (I'm at Uni right now so i can't test it myself) it looks like it could use some kind of color/hotspots in it as it currently looks too monotone regarding color-palette and brushwork

  • TF2 push for a community map release

    • e-freak
    • October 19, 2008 at 4:26 PM
    Quote from Punky

    Voted

  • [TF2] ctf_aerospace (beta 4)

    • e-freak
    • October 19, 2008 at 3:54 PM
    Quote from arhurt

    Over at the Steam forums a buddy of mine has started a thread asking Valve if we could have one more community map release this year.

    If you judge my map worth it, could you drop by the vote page and vote for it?

    Here's the vote page link: Community Map Vote

    And here's the thread discussion: Community Map push

    give it an own thread (it's worth for every tf2 player if it works out )

  • Max Payne [movie]

    • e-freak
    • October 19, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    Quote from Buddy

    Isn't Olga Kurylenko playing exactly the same role as in Hitman movie?

    As in the new bond movie (quantum of solace) - seems she's quite succesfull with playing the same role over and over again

  • Compact camera

    • e-freak
    • October 18, 2008 at 7:03 PM

    An EOS isn't exaclty a compact camera but an DSLR so just go for the IXUS series - they have a long tradition, theyr interface/usability is optimal and they take decent pictures. If you can afford a little more and the camera can be a little bulkier you could also look into the Powershot-Series but these might be already overkill for what you're looking for.

  • 2d-Chris you should get prepared for Deutschland!

    • e-freak
    • October 18, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    From http://%7boption%7d

    Great comedy blog!

    Only thing you will need to do as preparation is drink 10 of those each day:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.marions-kochbuch.de/index-bilder/jaegermeister.jpg]

    would have been funnier if he explained that Darmstadt translated means City of Intestine :X

  • Left 4 Dead

    • e-freak
    • October 16, 2008 at 2:15 PM

    50$ is like 35€ (+5€ tax most probably) - that's not so expensive?

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • e-freak
    • October 16, 2008 at 1:07 PM

    You are living in the wring part of the world. NA only get these but - there's hope *hint*

  • My photo thread

    • e-freak
    • October 16, 2008 at 1:01 PM

    Nice - 2cents though:

    The Lighting could have been different without using another light by just placing a reflector in the opposite direction to the sunlight, allowing for some less hard shadows on the not sun-lit half of the face

    In the second picture it seems like you blocked out black in the tone-map (or gradiant or whatever you used). And it loses depth on the shadows much too soon - there are some heavy cuts into the actual motive with the (not-black) background

  • Left 4 Dead

    • e-freak
    • October 16, 2008 at 12:50 PM

    It's not expensive - 4 full SP-Campaigns of each 1 to 2 h (SP means you can play them offline with AI-guys or online Coop).

    I love my new job

  • New Compile Tools for any Source game

    • e-freak
    • October 14, 2008 at 1:15 PM

    OT: You've an own office for Decadence? o_O

  • Buying Adobe CS4

    • e-freak
    • October 14, 2008 at 9:01 AM

    yay that's the thing - I'm handling about 13000 fotos a year and I think that's quite alot

  • Buying Adobe CS4

    • e-freak
    • October 13, 2008 at 10:16 PM

    Yes, I learned HTML and CSS when I was 13 and I'm pretty sure I don't lack in that field (hopefully ). Webdesing is just a border thing of the study-path, main focus is on games and animations.

    The thing "Dreamweaver is like Frontpage" is ok for me - I don't need to spend the 100€ on that one then. And I'm pretty sure now I can do the print-layouts I may need in LaTex or at university's computers if needed. As said: Print and Web are only small things we seem to cover up, mostly to help presenting our projects and not as full courses.

    Thanks everyone for the replies.

    Anyone having a clue about the Lightroom-thingie aswell? I really like it but it's another 120€ on the 320€ I have to pay for the Production Suite. Maybe some one has used it already professional or can tell in how far it's relevant (I like it but does it justify the extra cost?)

  • Buying Adobe CS4

    • e-freak
    • October 13, 2008 at 8:50 PM

    Ok, LaTeX is nice, I knew that tool for quite a while but never figured it as an alternative but well that seems to fit, thanks for the tip.

    Quark Xpress seams to be costly as well and I'm not working fullstop on magazines and I think I don't need it then (and the Uni-Computers still hold InDesign if I work on one of these machines)

    but may I ask: What's the special thing about dreamweaver? And my work-profile will be most likely to create flash-games and flash-apps in the beginning and web-design most probably only as a side-effect. Is Dreamweaver more of a technical or a design software? (lots of questions )

  • Buying Adobe CS4

    • e-freak
    • October 13, 2008 at 7:53 PM

    I don't know if it's the right subforum but it's kinda industry related and not so much offtopic.

    This year university started for me and I'm looking into getting a student Version of the new Adobe CS4 products. I am looking into the Production Premium Suite but there are two things I need to check:

    InDesign is not included and I'd appreciate to use it but the only way to get it is paying 200€ extra - can anyone name a good alternative?

    Dreamweaver is not included and I'm not sure if it's essential or not for web-development. Flash Pro is included and I think it covers up all the tasks but in how far is Dreamweaver special?

    How important is Version Cue and is it of any use? The Premium Production is the only Suite not including it and I think it could be usefull but I've never worked with it before.

    Additional: Lightroom 2 seems to be a blast but costs another 100€ extra - anyone knows how much Photoshop and Bridge can compensate the missing features (I really liked the DB functions in Lightroom and the feature to cook one picture and copy the settings to any other picture in the DB plus all changes are always saved as recepts and not baked into the picture)

  • Portal: Prelude

    • e-freak
    • October 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM

    Yes it's frustrating and hardcore sometimes, but - you got it for free, it has some nice story (I like the voice-acting) and for what I've seen I didn't see any weakness with the Brushwork (sometimes I wondered if a model would have fit better but well that's not a problem).

  • Congrats Mino!!!!

    • e-freak
    • October 9, 2008 at 11:11 PM

    grats alot sounds like a good career kick-in point with Ubisoft.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™