If you consider travelling to the Games Convention 2008 (not sure if it is Leipzig, Berlin or Frankfurt this year) this could be an ideal date aswell. Just came to my mind.
Posts by e-freak
-
-
Theyr version of inhouse differs from alan wake

Tbs: They were using id Tech for all Games until CoD3 but had it modified to a point of no recognition afaik. The base was still quake 3 but rewritten in most parts (at least I think I remember something like this from an interview on the engines capabilty) but I may confuse with some other title here (maybe some part of the MoH-Series or some Unreal2-based game)
-
Reminds me more of Viktor Antonov's Station [Blocked Image: http://www.hofarts.com/Interviews/V.Antonov/HLF.jpg]
-
That's pretty cool (allthough there are some "unnormal"
things in it) - you may consider to post this in the random texture thread instead of a half year old tut thread 
-
I think he drove along with the truck so his EXIF data states that he used a 55 millimeters lens (smallpic: 82 millimeters) and reduced shutter time to 1/160 - to get there he used ISO at 800 and reduced the blend to 4.
Next thing (I would) do is focus the camera autmatically on a previous wheel and then turn to manual focus so you wont have to suffer from autofocusing on gravel and dirt coming up (or use Autofocus Servo). Next you put your cam on multiple images (i think the 400d can do about 6 pictures in a row) and then take as many shots as possible (so you can sort out the best one).
Also his lens is a very light frienldy one. You may suffer from a dark lens and will need to put up your ISO Value to 1600 to achieve a simillar shutter time. You may also use a Image Stabilizer allthough I had bad experiences with them - suffering image quality and misinterpretations of needed movement to follow the car.
Everything else is experience.
-
Looks like one man version of BA, Collonel Hannibal, Faceman and Murdok (A-Team for you not informed ones
). -
"that other guy" is zacker pericolos0

Seems like a good step to move a week previous to get out of the general rush for christmas presents/be first one in the stores.
I just made some advertisement today at school when a fellow A-Level Student had a games magazine because looking for crytek review I sent him to the Kane and Lynch Preview and told him to buy it and that some of the coolest guys I know worked on it

-
If Denmark would be the location (or Stockholm (there's a bridge from Copenhagen to Stockholm is there?) some of us germans could travel with car to get this a little cheaper (say around 2000 Kilometers (per direction is 850 Kilometers) is about 200 Liters of Gas ~250 € for 5 Persons (50€ pP)) - if ryanair or some airline can top this it would be way cooler of course but 50€ sounds good.
-
[Blocked Image: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5789/pic11936009173448oz6.th.jpg]
Now there's only a proper Gordon and Family Team left...
-
Anyone here able to use Google?
-
Even Becks is better than Heineken


-
And who's the bride? Is she on mapcore?

-
Quote from Slainchild
No, I don't like it either.
-
Quote from Taylor
Though old, Warcraft 3 probably has one of the best editors I've used, it has definitely limitations but when it comes to the triggers/script you can basically do whatever the hell you want. If you’re interested in an RTS/RPG I’d go for that, and at worst you could prepare yourself for Starcraft 2.[...]
That one and a whole different approach to "mapping" would be Trackmania Tracks - you can start with the Trackmania Nations (Free) to build your own tracks and it's quite fun because of the manouveurs you are implenting which require lots of thinking to have the right timing but the editing itself is dumbshit easy.
-
What 'bout Frankfurt am Main? Crytek is in Frankfurt and Germany still has the best beer of them all. Frankfurt Hahn is still a very cheap target and you just have to take the bus for 10€ or so to add if you don't want to pay for a direct flight to Frankfurt aM.
-
20 years old and they won't let you in the bar? holy shit - in germany you can go into everything at the age of 16, most bars even at 12 (allthough alcohol is 16 so you would not be able to purchase anything then)
-
DAMN - I want to go to poland too
(ok next year czech...) this abbondend buildings are just superawesome -
-
-