1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. e-freak

Posts by e-freak

  • Mapcore Trojan

    • e-freak
    • December 18, 2007 at 11:05 PM

    I'm a complete noob at this so don't beat me up but can a server be inficated with a virus/trojan/worm like a normal computer? So it wouldn't be phpbb it self but the apache or something?

  • More Crysis / F.E.A.R sequels

    • e-freak
    • December 18, 2007 at 5:08 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Orange Box retail sales are included in NPD, it did extremely well on the 360 at launch though of course has dwindled since with the other big hitting titles that shipped in Nov.

    as is known, valve publishs games at steam as well. and I doubt (but am not sure) that NPD includes Steam-Sells.

  • More Crysis / F.E.A.R sequels

    • e-freak
    • December 18, 2007 at 3:00 PM
    Quote from buddy the designer

    Just wondering, does anyone know what are the Orange Box sells like? (PC+X360+PS3) I started to wonder about it when i noticed these numbers and couldn't find any reasonable infos on net.

    Valve does not publish selling informations. they hint some numbers in random interviews but normally no one knows what the steam sells are like. But afaiheard the orangebox selled about 500k times (but that's only some random number I think I've heard gosting around)

  • More Crysis / F.E.A.R sequels

    • e-freak
    • December 17, 2007 at 11:05 PM
    Quote

    ":2qyc1911]

    Far Cry was the only game to use CryEngine1 I believe, but this is only my ignorance speaking! :roll:

    First: Crytek had to create an engine back then (or license one)!

    Second: Cryengine has been licensed by Ubisoft for Far Cry 2 and I think there is or has been another title with this engine.

  • Mapcore Trojan

    • e-freak
    • December 17, 2007 at 5:59 PM
    Quote from Deathy

    It seems phpbb3 is online but I still get the warning with Avira Antivir... If it isn't fixed in the new version, i'll upload it at Antivir so they check if it's bad or not.

    same here

    and i get it on the now blank index page. that's hilarious...

  • More Crysis / F.E.A.R sequels

    • e-freak
    • December 17, 2007 at 5:56 PM

    Anyone up for a round of World of Crycraft? Oh... no that was another movie...

    Seriously: I think I've read before Crysis would have sequels and seriously: They could have used Cryengine 1 if they had liked to produce Crysis as a single game. The fact they have developed a new engine was a sign for a whole series at first glance (no one produces a new engine for like 1+ million dollars per license if he doesn't use it)

  • buffer underrun?

    • e-freak
    • December 14, 2007 at 7:05 PM

    the mapcore-trojan fights you!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • e-freak
    • December 14, 2007 at 3:45 PM

    Quick input: Maybe add the link to the portfolio/blog or at least the profile of the people on the list?

  • Acony Games is hiring: Level Designer for FPS

    • e-freak
    • December 14, 2007 at 3:05 PM

    Terminator525 ofc

  • Grin opens new studio in Gothenburg, Sweden

    • e-freak
    • December 14, 2007 at 3:04 PM

    It just so happens I'm packing my portfolio. Maybe if I can skip alternative service...

  • Acony Games is hiring: Level Designer for FPS

    • e-freak
    • December 13, 2007 at 7:36 PM

    Apply and I will visit you with hessi and FrieChamp and Sindwiller - you are right in our middle then!!!

  • Acony Games is hiring: Level Designer for FPS

    • e-freak
    • December 13, 2007 at 3:58 PM

    boys - parabellum is one of the most anticipated ue3 games out there and a thread-starter in professional recruitment would not show a pic of a game he isn't working on...

    To bad I still have to do my Social-Service Year... otherwise I would have applied...

  • ctf_quarry [release]

    • e-freak
    • December 12, 2007 at 3:28 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Looks outstanding! Spotlight?

  • Mapcore Trojan

    • e-freak
    • December 12, 2007 at 9:37 AM

    Whenever I load up Mapcore the first time after booting my computer I get the warning "HTML.Silly/Gen" would try to install. Infact this Trojan is part of an Attacking-Code which can be implented into webpages. Please check if Mapcore has been infected!

  • HL2 Portal

    • e-freak
    • December 8, 2007 at 8:23 PM

    no portals?

    I don't think you'll have portals in ep3 because it just don't fit into gordons armory. i see chances though that you profit from some kind of portal then. this is just a fan made manual how to play through a poor mans version of hl2 with portal - nothing official!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • e-freak
    • December 8, 2007 at 3:07 PM

    -snip-

  • The new year is coming...

    • e-freak
    • December 8, 2007 at 12:38 AM

    having achieved a good way into my now coming a-level and am putting myself finally together to finish more of the projects i start.

    for 2008 - finish a-levels, either start social-year or get an university-place for Digital Media, new gf help me get down the boner lately ^^

  • Half-Life: Paranoia

    • e-freak
    • December 7, 2007 at 9:41 PM

    BS - the problem is that the OpenGL32.dll is placed in the HALF-LIFE Folder and that unlike Source-Mods there's no Folder-Difference. Half-Life Mods are just packed all together in the Half-Life Folder and share the same resources apart from some client.dlls and if you have an OpenGL32.dll file in your Half-Life Folder now (not in the Half-Life/Paranoia for some reason) you get back to Half-Life Deathmatch and get banned.

  • EA download manager ftw

    • e-freak
    • December 7, 2007 at 9:35 PM

    Funny you connected steam, hellgate and EA-DLM because it so happens that I met Bill Roper at Games Convention 07 and asked him for chance Hellgate to hit Steam and he told me "Digital Distributition all the way but not Steam- we have a better tool in the line"

  • Grin in swedish kids TV

    • e-freak
    • December 7, 2007 at 3:02 PM
    Quote from dux

    How come none of Grin core were in it?OR WERE THEY OOOOOOO

    the question is "how comes not all of them joined mapcore yet?"

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™