1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. THE Phreak

Posts by THE Phreak

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • THE Phreak
    • June 20, 2006 at 7:07 AM
    Quote from ReNo

    I think that is asking a little much when the games set in Raccoon City all used prerendered background Not that you can't give it your best shot obviously, but I think matching the complexity of some of scenes is a little optimisitic.

    No, it's not.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • THE Phreak
    • June 15, 2006 at 2:37 AM

    From experience, if you're gonna even try to do a Resident Evil based map, make sure it looks as complex as the game levels did.

  • Dunno if I should finish it. Resident Evil Mansion map....

    • THE Phreak
    • June 12, 2006 at 1:10 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6000/csspencer02501us.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2219/csspencer02386qt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/20/csspencer02430zq.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/821/csspencer02689uy.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6130/csspencer01811ox.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6182/csspencer02657el.jpg]

    I couldn't find any other pics, as I haven't worked on it in Ages. Basically, when I first started mapping , I decided to do a good remake of the old mansion, since every map that has tried to in the past looked worse than PS1 games. As I learned, I kept adding new things, improving upon old areas until I reached what you see above in March 06. I stopped working on it due to school and optimization woes. Also, the tight layout would be hard for a CS:S game, and without proper support I wouldn't be able to squeeze out a decent SP mini mod.

    So, what do you guys think? I'm a better mapper than I was 3 months ago, but I'm sort of on "Mapper's-Block" with this one.

  • hdn_resident | 100% custom | still wip

    • THE Phreak
    • June 12, 2006 at 12:36 AM

    Dear god that is Beautiful.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  2. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:17 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™