1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Squirrelly

Posts by Squirrelly

  • Remake HL textures

    • Squirrelly
    • October 19, 2006 at 1:43 AM

    All you did was put text on it...?

  • I suppose...

    • Squirrelly
    • October 19, 2006 at 1:33 AM

    ...it's that day and age where all a texture artist has to do is take a photo, and plaster it onto a skin and receive "Ooh's and Aww's" all over the damn place. Now FrieChamp, don't get me wrong, Crysis looks amazing and near life-like, but is life-like honestly the best thing in the world? This isn't specifically aimed at Crysis itself. I love games that have a high artistic value, but when a game hardly is just trying to reproduce real life, it takes the whole object of a 'virtual reality' away.

    But then again, there is hope. For instance, Unreal Engine 3, while looking amazingly beautiful and lifelike, most games on the engine actually have a certain style to them, and appear to have an artistic effort put towards them (note the keyword: artistic - I understand FULLY that Crysis has taken years upon years to complete and I praise you for that, but I just gather from the screenshots that you guys don't seem to want to put effort towards a certain art direction). I just really hate to see games start becoming so advanced, that it is very difficult to tell the difference between a game and real life. Sure it was imminent, but I really had hoped game developers would maintain those few factors that separate a virtual reality from a real one. What's everyone's position on this?

    Also, I've brought this up due to the latest comparison shots from Crysis, specifically this one:

    http://www3.incrysis.com/screenshots/cr ... t_set6.jpg

    The rest can be found at http://www.incrysis.com

  • Level Design, Modelling, Texture Collaboration Program

    • Squirrelly
    • October 17, 2006 at 12:39 AM

    Have it on an invite basis only? So only 'trusted' people can join. Sure, it's selfish, but it'd weed out all the bad eggs from the good (hopefully)

  • Level Design, Modelling, Texture Collaboration Program

    • Squirrelly
    • October 16, 2006 at 11:20 PM

    Very nice idea. A community like this is definitely needed.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Squirrelly
    • October 12, 2006 at 12:02 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9982/meh2cn6.jpg]

    Yes, I know the guy on the left is odd looking.

  • battlefield 2142

    • Squirrelly
    • October 10, 2006 at 3:56 AM

    Because its EA, and they aren't variations. It's the same exact shit.

  • battlefield 2142

    • Squirrelly
    • October 10, 2006 at 12:04 AM
    Quote from Dark

    I like it, reminds me of tribes Is there a commander any more? Didnt see the feature. Kinda sucks if not.

    I didnt see anything related to Bf2 in there, so I dont know where you get 60% unless your speaking ab out controls, and movement, animations, etc. So so much content though in my opinion.

    Same exact terrain textures, same effects with the exception of a few, same code structure, etc. It is a glorified Battlefield 2 modification.

  • battlefield 2142

    • Squirrelly
    • October 9, 2006 at 2:49 AM

    It uses over 60% of the same content, so I'd consider it a mod.

  • Overrated things (or maybe I just don't get it?)

    • Squirrelly
    • October 6, 2006 at 10:36 PM

    1. It's the fact of role-playing. Women don't like fast-paced shooters (normally), so they tend to stay towards to the MMO games.

    2. Agreed

    3. MySpace is a wonderful tool for speaking to your friends and whatnot. Sure, it is over-rated, but it used by millions upon millions of people, and it's cool to see how old friends do over the years.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Squirrelly
    • October 3, 2006 at 10:24 PM

    Poor Minos Tell her to smile in her pictures!

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Squirrelly
    • October 1, 2006 at 8:55 PM

    How old are you h2?

  • totally random texture thread

    • Squirrelly
    • September 30, 2006 at 8:20 PM

    omai_fecking_gawd

    That is fricken' beautiful Blaz! As others said, I beg for tutorial.

  • Searching for a piece of software...

    • Squirrelly
    • September 26, 2006 at 10:31 PM

    Just FYI Sindwiller, it isn't a proper 'megatexture' as with Quake Wars. Megatexturing is a programming technique that addresses resource limitation and handles textures wonderfully. All it does is produce a color map, and an ugly one if I may so myself. You are a lot better off with self-texturing and using Terragen as a base as it's results are normally a lot higher of quality.

  • Please help me volounteer work I need 2 props only!

    • Squirrelly
    • September 25, 2006 at 11:06 PM

    It doesn't count as 'many people involved' when you steal the work without explicit permission.

  • IGN launches Rayman Raving Rabbids blog

    • Squirrelly
    • September 25, 2006 at 10:51 PM

    One answer:

    [Blocked Image: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/117/killerbunnies3wj.gif]

  • Searching for a piece of software...

    • Squirrelly
    • September 25, 2006 at 10:29 PM

    [email protected] and I'll be glad to help.

  • Alliance Airshow

    • Squirrelly
    • September 25, 2006 at 10:23 PM

    Only hour and a half, and that's if traffic is decent.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Squirrelly
    • September 24, 2006 at 9:04 PM

    Heh, we went to this Bavarian Fair thing (AKA sausage festival), and, yeah... it was a fun but crazy night.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Squirrelly
    • September 24, 2006 at 8:03 PM

    3

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Squirrelly
    • September 24, 2006 at 9:02 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4316/image041tg0.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™