1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. veNoM sNaKe

Posts by veNoM sNaKe

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • veNoM sNaKe
    • February 26, 2006 at 7:03 PM

    hey Schmung, good to see you here aswell^^,

    the world isnt that large afterall

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • veNoM sNaKe
    • February 25, 2006 at 6:32 PM

    hmm, im really certain that id got over 12k of brushes

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • veNoM sNaKe
    • February 25, 2006 at 6:05 PM
    Quote from rockdude86

    how the hell did you get 12k of brushes in hammer 3.5?? when i went above 9999 it said it couldnt go any higher then that.... so you could create them but they wouldnt show up in hammer.. only if you hid some other stuff they would become visible... even in the 2d views they would disappear for me...

    thats odd, I never had that error/ message what so ever

    you sure it was nothing based on the current speed of your cpu, gpu

    or ram maybe?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • veNoM sNaKe
    • February 25, 2006 at 4:32 PM
    Quote from killertomato

    Allthough I can only guess how it looks with actual poly's, I don't think much maps can come up with the quality dm_fairytail has.Could you post ingame screens of your map?

    did you read my post or just looked at the pic i placed? :wink:

    all the answers are there my friend

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • veNoM sNaKe
    • February 25, 2006 at 11:01 AM

    well first of all ive been hanging around on this forum for a while now but id never

    had anything to show you ppl since all my work is so called not yet available

    for public.

    but..

    the other day i've been snooping around on my old hard disk and I found

    this screenshot, i thought It was lost in a format 3 years ago but I guess I

    was wrong. I made this not for gameplay nor for testing purpose, I made

    it just because I wanted to do some detail mapping.

    The game its for is half life 1, and therefore it was created in hammer 3.5

    this isnt the final version (that one must have gone lost in a format) but a

    backup of somekind, the final version would have contained 12.000 brushes

    on like 30 square meters (more or less), this version im showing you ppl

    has currently 9238 brushes and 50059 faces, wich means by the way, that

    its not compilable by the normal hl1 hammer compiller, nor with the use of

    ZHLT and when I just tried to compill it in hl2 I found out that was not possible

    either.

    anyhow, enjoy the image :wink:

    [Blocked Image: http://xlm4288.gamepearl.nl/cathedral1.JPG]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™