1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Fergo

Posts by Fergo

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Fergo
    • November 9, 2007 at 7:51 PM

    Why the hell I can't find the option to use this preview? I have all Orange box games installed and Source SDK updated but there's no such option in Hammer. Do I need to do something else?

    Fergo

  • Some photos I've taken from my city

    • Fergo
    • September 23, 2007 at 6:49 PM

    Hey folks!

    Here's some photos from the city that I live (Curitiba - Brazil).

    Im using a Sony W50.

    My window view:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba8.jpg]

    One of my favorite. No editing:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba1.jpg]

    Very foggy day:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba17.jpg]

    A little park near my apartment. Maintained by the neightbors:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba5.jpg]

    Idem

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba7.jpg]

    Tanguá Park:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba9.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba10.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba11.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba12.jpg]

    The following photos are from a trip I did on January (taken inside the bus):

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/ctba4.jpg]

    An here is some panoramas from my window:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/th_ctba16.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/th_ctba14.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/th_ctba13.jpg]

    I didn't take this one, but is one of my favorite panoramas. Shows a very nice area:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ctba/th_ctba15.jpg]

    See ya!

    Fergo

  • Awesome piece of realtime 3d art

    • Fergo
    • July 29, 2007 at 7:05 PM

    There's some demos with only 256 bytes too ( .com file ). Click on the thumb to download.

    http://www.256b.com/demo/402

    http://www.256b.com/demo/412

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Fergo
    • July 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    [Blocked Image: http://www.button-masher.net/images/misc/games_1.jpg]Here's the view from the other side.

    Holy crap man! How many games you have?

    Fergo

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Fergo
    • July 20, 2007 at 5:06 AM

    I don't know the english name of it, but its basically "chocolate powder":

    200ml of milk and 3 tea spoons of "Toddy" ( in my case, I put almost 5 tea spoons... thats why its so dark )

    [Blocked Image: http://www.spi-london.com/catalog/images/Toddy.JPG]

    \o

    Fergo

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Fergo
    • July 20, 2007 at 2:53 AM

    Here's mine... bonus: my cat

    [Blocked Image: http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8118/roomrr3.jpg]

    And some games ( a lot of old stuff... )

    [Blocked Image: http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/218/gamesrs9.jpg]

    Fergo

  • ts_constryard - The Specialists

    • Fergo
    • June 30, 2007 at 7:15 PM

    Unfortunately, there's no way to put more work on this map. It's impossible to control the polygons on a map like this. It already beats 1800 w_polys, so any detail I add will have some serious cost to the performance.

    Fergo

  • ts_constryard - The Specialists

    • Fergo
    • June 28, 2007 at 2:58 AM

    Already uploaded the map with the new skybox ;D

    I've talked to Min0 and he's disposed to make some models for the map, so I can change some brushwork and hopefully get better r_speeds.

    Fergo

  • ts_constryard - The Specialists

    • Fergo
    • June 27, 2007 at 5:39 PM

    Changed the skybox. What do you think?

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fergo/ts_constryard/ts_constryard_sky2.jpg]

    \o

    Fergo

  • ts_constryard - The Specialists

    • Fergo
    • June 27, 2007 at 4:11 PM

    Thanks!

    I'm gonna try some different skyboxes. I have an urban one here, but the sky color doesn't match the light_env color, so it probably needs some photoshop editing ( and as I said, I'm terrible at this )

    []s

    Fergo

  • de_liquidwebx

    • Fergo
    • June 26, 2007 at 11:14 PM

    I think your rooms are a way too big/long, forcing you to repeat the same furniture/objects a lot ( like in pics de_liquidwebx0005.jpg, de_liquidwebx0007.jpg, de_liquidwebx0010.jpg ).

    Fergo

  • ts_constryard - The Specialists

    • Fergo
    • June 26, 2007 at 9:56 PM

    Thanks Quakis. I'm not so good at texturing ( to be honest, I'm terrible XD ), but I did the best I could =(

    Anyway, I've updated the pictures at the first post, now "featuring" the ligh_env color suggested Min0 and fixed the connection between the stair steps. The environment is a loooot better now.

    ( hit F5 so you won't take the see the cached images )

    The download link still the same ( with the new BSP, of course ).

    []s

    Fergo

  • ts_constryard - The Specialists

    • Fergo
    • June 26, 2007 at 7:50 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    How are those steps connecting?

    Haha, I didn't realized that LOL

    So while I don't finish my last compiling, lets say that they're connected by an electromagnetic pulse or something like that

    Fergo

  • ts_constryard - The Specialists

    • Fergo
    • June 26, 2007 at 7:01 PM

    Thanks! I'm recompiling the map with a new light_env color ( suggested by Min0 ). Sorry to post this at the "Finish Work" and recompile the map after this

    Fergo

  • ts_constryard - The Specialists

    • Fergo
    • June 26, 2007 at 6:47 PM

    Hello there!

    After a long time without messing around with Hammer, yesterday I decided to create a map for The Specialists. The theme? Construction yard.

    The map is a bit heavy ( 1800 w_polys in some places ), but I don't plan to sacrifice the details of the level to decrease the polycount ( now days 1800 polys is easy to almost all video-cards ).

    So here's the pictures followed by the download link. Hope you enjoy!

    PICS:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0009.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0008.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0007.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0006.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0005.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0004.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0003.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0002.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Fe…stryard0010.jpg]

    DOWNLOAD:

    http://www.fergonez.net/files/ts_constryard.rar

    Seeya!

    Fergo

  • Cs_occupation

    • Fergo
    • May 5, 2007 at 3:20 AM

    Nice job! I loved the "volumetric" lights ( like that one in front of the vehicle ).

    Fergo~

  • de_industry_b2

    • Fergo
    • February 7, 2007 at 10:12 PM

    Scary atmosphere

    I've liked a lot, but i think that this fog would fit well on some singleplayer map or something, not on a multiplayer map ( snipers won't be useful ).

    FeRgO

  • This is un-fucking-beliavable: My ISP blocks youtube...

    • Fergo
    • January 8, 2007 at 11:20 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    I looked at one picture and was gonna agree with you Fletch, but then I saw several others and god damn, a whole lot of the time she really isn't! Wierd face she has in a lot of photos...

    Heh, agrred. Lucky that you've never heard her voice :X

    FeRgO

  • zune - renders

    • Fergo
    • January 8, 2007 at 3:36 AM

    It looks too plastic i think.

    I've never touched a Zune in my life, but i think it needs more reflex ( like those ones you see on iPod pictures ), especially on the screen, because it seems to be just a texture with "Zune" logo.

    But overall, its a nice render

    Edit:

    Now i saw the scanlines on the screen

    FeRgO

  • Post old maps/mods etc...

    • Fergo
    • January 8, 2007 at 2:23 AM

    Nice topic Min0.

    My first CS map ever ( haha ):

    [Blocked Image: http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/crosshair/map_pics/de_ffarena02.jpg]

    My first "gameplay" map:

    [Blocked Image: http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/crosshair/map_pics/de_sand07.jpg]

    This map ( very heavy btw ) is from a museum where I live ( Curitiba, Brazil ):

    [Blocked Image: http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/crosshair/map_pics/cs_eye01.jpg]

    I consider this map as my best work on the hl engine:

    [Blocked Image: http://fergo.brlogic.com/images/bulk2.jpg]

    My only attemp to create a map for HL2 ( as soon as it was released ):

    [Blocked Image: http://fergo.brlogic.com/images/cityrush2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://fergo.brlogic.com/images/cityrush1.jpg]

    FeRgO

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™