1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. dissonance

Posts by dissonance

  • COPS: GTA4 INSPIRED CRIME SPREE

    • dissonance
    • June 29, 2008 at 8:17 PM

    Why didn't they fight the cops?

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • dissonance
    • June 28, 2008 at 9:15 PM
    Quote from zaphod

    finally figured out that the issues of that 3dWorld magazine come out an entire month behind the UK, so we won't get it here until next month.

    Strange, considering it's a UK-based mag.Anywho, finally got around to reading it:

    [attachment=0]zzz.JPG[/attachment]

    A nice bit of progress you have there, too. I like the robot bunny ears.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • dissonance
    • June 19, 2008 at 4:53 AM

    It looks like the only mention, but I haven't read the article itself yet. I just thumbed through it and looked at all the pretty pictures.

    The Open Source issue! Woohoo!

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • dissonance
    • June 19, 2008 at 2:15 AM

    It's not much, but then again, I haven't read the article yet.

    Ill see if I can get my hands on a scanner.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • dissonance
    • June 18, 2008 at 12:46 AM

    You are in the latest issue of 3D World!

  • your computer 2008

    • dissonance
    • June 15, 2008 at 12:08 AM

    Main:

    amd 4800+ x2

    3gb ram

    1.5tb

    512mb 7900gtx

    Mapping machine:

    amd 4200+

    1.5gb ram

    120gb

    512mb 8600gts

  • driving licence

    • dissonance
    • June 12, 2008 at 9:17 AM

    I got mine last friday, and a car yesterday.

    I miss power steering. And power brakes. And power windows. And a radio.

    But fuck it.

  • The random model thread!

    • dissonance
    • June 12, 2008 at 9:14 AM
    Quote from skdr

    10,000 triangle difference in those two, why?

    One was made for the In-House engine? I hear all that next-gen stuff can really Push It To The Limit.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • dissonance
    • June 10, 2008 at 8:26 AM

    Hot damn, DvS, those look amazing. They'd fit in with Valve's TF2 textures perfectly.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • dissonance
    • June 9, 2008 at 8:27 PM

    AWWWWWW.

    I saw that ZG had its' own thread, and I thought there was a public release.

    Looks amazing, still! Can't wait.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • dissonance
    • June 7, 2008 at 8:57 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    Dissonance is gonna go all Monkey Island with those two items:Use Condom on Bottle.

    Use Bottle on Anus.

    Oh, forgot to mention:

    [Blocked Image: http://media.admirald.net/andrew_wk.party_hard.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • dissonance
    • June 7, 2008 at 7:52 PM

    Hot shit Loafie!

    Really, that is spectacular looking.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • dissonance
    • June 7, 2008 at 7:48 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://graphics.condom.com/Images/400JPG/CWT-MAGL-12R_400.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.theodlefamily.com/SOURCEIMAGES/Mickeyqus.jpg]

  • My new portfolio - thiagoklafke.com (updated 06/12)

    • dissonance
    • June 5, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    But may I ask why some of the latter images open both a lightbox and a page with the same images? The first 2 pages don't do this, while it leaves the rest quite inconsistent.

    I agree, this is annoying as hell. The box is overused, but the vertical line of images is something I really don't see that often, and I like it far better. This might be because I have popups disabled, but I say get rid of the lightbox altogether.Other than that, huzzah! Damn good design, way to make your name prominent.

  • They Wonder Why People Don't Make PC Games Any More

    • dissonance
    • May 30, 2008 at 10:30 PM
    Quote from Inveramsay

    I never feel good about pirating games, they are genuin work in some other way than a tv-series is I believe. Last game I remember pirating was Linux version of Postal2 just because it was "wow! A game for linux"

    Try Warsow and Savage 2, not to mention all the games that work flawlessly with Wine.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • dissonance
    • May 26, 2008 at 10:24 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    The three center buildings (the ones with the player height marking dev textures) will have full interiors. The nearby surrounding buildings will have extremely basic bottom floors and areas that can be broken open via traps and trap spawns by the ZM. The outer edge buildings will be solid.

    Ah-ha, I see.Still, sounds like a fuuun time for VIS.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • dissonance
    • May 26, 2008 at 10:14 PM

    Are all buildings going to have interiors?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • dissonance
    • May 25, 2008 at 8:29 PM
    Quote from DvS

    Do faces that get stripped out count towards the MAX_MAP_BRUSHFACES?An overwhelming majority of the faces in the map sit flush against another face and thus get stripped out during compile, haven't bothered to paint it all with nodraw.

    You could always try using skip.

  • Beer Pong....for Wii

    • dissonance
    • May 23, 2008 at 4:16 PM

    Oh I am so down.

  • Indiana Jones 4 (Spoilers inside)

    • dissonance
    • May 23, 2008 at 4:08 PM

    I loved the beginning, but from the monkeys (read: ewoks) onwards, I was disappointed.

    The last effects shot had me shitting bricks, though. That bit looked spectacular.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™