1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. User#42

Posts by User#42

  • Problems with Valve Hammer Editor

    • User#42
    • October 18, 2005 at 8:09 PM

    well I'll give that a shot then.

    and thanks a lot to everyone who contributed here, your help was greatly appreciated.

  • Problems with Valve Hammer Editor

    • User#42
    • October 18, 2005 at 1:09 PM

    Will maps from v 3.4 transfer to any other version?

  • Problems with Valve Hammer Editor

    • User#42
    • October 17, 2005 at 1:59 AM

    goddamit, why must hammer suddenly stab me in the back? what have I done?

    ... Goodbye, cruel world

  • Problems with Valve Hammer Editor

    • User#42
    • October 16, 2005 at 3:04 AM

    There is no func_detail in that menu when i click on to entity. Are you sure this is for version 3.4?

  • Problems with Valve Hammer Editor

    • User#42
    • October 15, 2005 at 3:13 PM

    Wow, I just loaded a different file (one not so detailed), and an error message pops up letting me know "for your information, 2 solids were not loaded due to errors in the file". Whatever, I carry on. Then i notice one of my brushes (a completeley innocent one, I assure you) has had one of its dimensions extended, presumably to infinity, so that it goes right off the edge of the map. wtf?

    Also, not entirely sure what you mean by making a func_detail rockdude86. And now that you mention it ginsengavenger, I'm not 100% sure all my faces were planar, but it isnt the first time I've loaded that file. Also, the object is symmetric about 3 axes, and not all brushes that have mirror identicles are behaving the same.

    I am extremely perplexed right now.

  • Problems with Valve Hammer Editor

    • User#42
    • October 15, 2005 at 7:02 AM

    Any Ideas on how to fix it?

  • Problems with Valve Hammer Editor

    • User#42
    • October 15, 2005 at 6:38 AM

    version 3.4

  • Problems with Valve Hammer Editor

    • User#42
    • October 15, 2005 at 6:02 AM

    I've used Valve Hammer Editor v 3.4 for a few years now and I've never encountred this problem before. I open a particular file, and a great number of vertices are slightly misplaced, most no longer snapped to grid. Of less concern, but greatly suspicious, all objects that were grouped are now ungrouped.

    It may be coincidence, but I've also noticed that the only polygons with misplaced vertices are those that were created a while ago, whereas the newly created objects are fine.

    The are a great number of vertices on this particular model, however I haven't tried to do anything crazy to the thing, like rotation or translation of the entire collection of objects. Like I said, I've used the program a fair amount and this is unprecedented. Any ideas on what is going on?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™