1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Grinwhrl

Posts by Grinwhrl

  • NEW Unreal Tournament!!!

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 12, 2015 at 12:25 AM

    The exterior environment looks really nice.

  • The Walking Dead

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 3, 2015 at 2:10 AM

    Latest episode was awesome!

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Grinwhrl
    • February 19, 2015 at 5:21 AM

    Kingsman was really good! If you liked Kill Bill or Kickass, its worth seeing.

  • Hitman: Agent 47

    • Grinwhrl
    • February 13, 2015 at 7:32 PM
    Quote from (HP)

    You pretty much summed up why the plot was so good. The journey to failure; no single man would be able to win against such an army alone makes him relate able.


    So the plot is good because the main hero is completely unnecessary? I don't think I agree.


    That kinda goes beyound the point on whether the movie is good or not. In the last scene, where the ghosts attack the Nazis you don't go all like:

    "Look at that shit... ghosts killing nazis and the hero is tied to a pole, such a useless hero"


    It's all about the journey and the way the scenes are cut together, and yes, the fact that he tries his best against an unbeatable army is part of why it's so relatable.


    Exactly.


    If you don't agree or like the plot, fair enough, there are plenty of other aspects from the movie that made it great. We don't see much of this in movies anymore. Resident Evil movies are a prime example of these problems.

  • Hitman: Agent 47

    • Grinwhrl
    • February 13, 2015 at 1:21 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    Raiders of the Lost Ark would have proceed the exact same way whether Indiana Jones was in it or not. He does nothing to prevent the Nazi's from getting the ark, and the Nazi's end up blowing themselves up. Not exactly a good setup for a plot.


    You pretty much summed up why the plot was so good. The journey to failure; no single man would be able to win against such an army alone makes him relate able.

  • Hitman: Agent 47

    • Grinwhrl
    • February 12, 2015 at 8:45 PM

    Hitman should be a 3 act crime drama with a twist of scifi. But its far to late for this so whatevah.

  • Hitman: Agent 47

    • Grinwhrl
    • February 12, 2015 at 3:38 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Grinwhrl
    • January 12, 2015 at 6:53 PM

    The Drop:

    Pretty good, slow, but loved the end.


    American Sniper:

    Decent movie, but it felt like it didn't really capture the true Chris Kyle, rather felt like I was watching Bradly Cooper who quit acting and became a bad ass sniper, if that makes any sense to you, probably made me enjoy the movie more thinking about it this way, heh.


    Horns: Also decent, although the plot was a bit meh. What made this movie good enough was that, without spoling to much, his appearance brings out the darkside in people and what they are truly thinking. I wish they did a bit more with it, but what they did do was fantastic.

  • The Interview (aka pissing off Kim Jong-un with a movie)

    • Grinwhrl
    • January 1, 2015 at 5:39 PM

    I thought the movie was pretty damn funny! Dick jokes are my thing though.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Grinwhrl
    • December 25, 2014 at 1:07 AM

    The 3rd Hobbit film ;/, and I don't recommend it. It ruined the the whole thing for me. No focus, everything was Convenient, no urgency in the movie at all. To much use of CG. I don't understand all the war/battle scenes in this one. It felt as if they tried to hard to be LOTR, they can never live up to LOTR, and every fight felt like a comic rather than good fight choreography. The movie was all over the place and didn't focus on much of the main characters. It had its good moments of course, but overall, I would never watch it again.

  • The Merry Christmas Thread

    • Grinwhrl
    • December 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM

    Merry Christmas


    [Blocked Image: https://40.media.tumblr.com/b7242f842a633cd7beaadb5112358d09/tumblr_mxxm66dz371rkk59qo1_500.jpg]

  • Terminator Genisys Trailer

    • Grinwhrl
    • December 5, 2014 at 3:07 AM

    This thread went from Terminator to Terminated! XD

  • Terminator Genisys Trailer

    • Grinwhrl
    • December 4, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    I think you need to really not compare it to the originals, no movie would hold up that way.


    Here's a nice breakdown:


    http://www.slashfilm.com/terminator-genisys-photos/


    After seeing this breakdown, its more interesting for sure, still don't want to be burned for the 3rd time, so I might wait for it to be on Netflix.

  • Terminator Genisys Trailer

    • Grinwhrl
    • December 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.


    YEAH... NO THANKS...

  • Star Wars

    • Grinwhrl
    • December 2, 2014 at 1:44 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--S-FANGm5--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/lhayjlvd9ak0ld4dvmi5.gif]


    Hah

  • Star Wars

    • Grinwhrl
    • November 29, 2014 at 3:44 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/112814_StarWarsEpisodeVII_Sith.jpg]


    I hated this hilt/cross-guard at first as well, but now its growing on me everytime I see it, and I kinda love it, even if it still reminds me of a blowtorch welded onto a saber hilt. Could help that the rumours behind it also sound really interesting.

  • The Jurassic World

    • Grinwhrl
    • November 26, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    I'll wager that a "we'll fix it in post" attitude is exactly why the FX look like something from the asylum lol


    GOTG was no where near as bad as Jurassic World, but same situation.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RxhqvUF.jpg]


    WWZ suffered from the same thing, CGI was terribad first trailer, then when I watched the movie, the CGI was pretty impressive. Jurassic World looks likes its going overboard with CGI, which wont impress me. That giant Croc thing was just silly.

  • The Jurassic World

    • Grinwhrl
    • November 26, 2014 at 3:15 AM

    The CGI isn't finished yet, its got another 5-6 months of time to get right. But I still agree, the original movie looks so much better.


    The last 2 movies were disappointments. The Lost world had so much potential to be perfect, but nope. (sometimes I just want to see Lost World remade into something better, on the original island, but that will never happen.)

  • Far Cry 4

    • Grinwhrl
    • November 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM

    Sweet, http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-4-review/ didn't expect them to give such a good rating tbh.

  • Far Cry 4

    • Grinwhrl
    • November 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    Quote from Puddy

    Two things:


    Anyone know how to kill rhinos ethically? One shot type thing.


    How do I release animals from cages without endangering myself?


    For some reason, and I know this is a game, but these two things really bother me.

    Display More


    I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I was hoping the elephant gun would be the key to taking out a rhino with a head shot. Doubt it though :/


    Cages - I just use my bow, or silenced weapon. One shot to the cage usually opens it up.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™