1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Grinwhrl

Posts by Grinwhrl

  • totally random texture thread

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 18, 2006 at 2:57 PM

    very nice Sin

  • Operation Underground Assault

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 18, 2006 at 2:53 PM

    looking sweet

  • Plane, Snakes on A...

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 18, 2006 at 2:50 PM

    WOW, what an amazing looking movie, title and story!!!!! Not even Lord of the Rings can compete against this cgi.

    Everytime I seen another movie junked piece of shit like this I like to yell...Go Pirates!!!!!! The movie industry deserves getting ripped off!

  • [WIP] Presidio

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 17, 2006 at 5:12 PM

    looking mighty awesome so far. I will be agreing with the others, more prop clutter needs to be down, and overlays. Maybe add an old cannon crator?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 16, 2006 at 4:48 PM

    hehe already got it. But thanks

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 16, 2006 at 3:47 PM

    I would Nexus, where do I get the editor?

  • Two rants on level design, need opinions

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 16, 2006 at 3:44 PM

    I do agree man, but things change , thats life and you have a great talent, your already a professional, so suck it up and stop ranting. I'd give anything to be in your position right now. I'm sure tons of others would as well. Your damn good at your work so just keep doing the best you do and make some hardcore cash along the way, heh.

  • Music Project Artwork

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 16, 2006 at 3:41 AM

    nice..

  • Two rants on level design, need opinions

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 16, 2006 at 3:40 AM

    Its pretty clear so i donno, just sticking up for Level Designers, I was pretty much talking about what you mentioned at the top of page 2 Klein execpt drunk at the time.

    I wanted to add to the end of Hourences Rant 2

    Quote

    This was how it used to work in the game industry until a few years ago some companies started to rename all the jobs. I don't even know what to call myself anymore. Am I a level designer ? A Level Artist ? An Environment Artist ? I have no idea anymore because every single company out there defines my job differently.

    You are an Artist - Plan n Simple.

    Actually I was told by an executive from HB Studios that a lot of companies are beginning to name there staff all Artists, Senior/Junior, to end the constant confusion

  • Two rants on level design, need opinions

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 16, 2006 at 1:23 AM

    meh, there will always be level designer positions, its a very important role. Only thing is there is more help doing it, contributors, etc. I ve researched many companies and thier projects and it seems more level designers are getting junior position contributors more then anything. This is to get more people including all roles into the industry to help build better games becuase of the resources they are beginning to take. Next Gen is the same old thing, just better looking games, relax peoples

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 15, 2006 at 1:49 AM

    I dont mind the new radiant, then again im still learning

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 14, 2006 at 10:19 PM

    you ashould hit up doom or quake 4, those are really fun from what i have played around with and what ive heard from my buddies from 3wave.

  • What pc specs do you have?

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 13, 2006 at 8:45 PM
    Quote from ginger_lord

    I'd be scared of that CRT crushing me to death...

    you must be a tiny person

  • totally random texture thread

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 13, 2006 at 8:42 PM

    thanks Flight40

  • totally random texture thread

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 12, 2006 at 11:49 PM

    anyone have a good link to some PS Brushes. I'm getting bored of mine

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 12, 2006 at 11:40 PM

    quake 3 BOOOO

    Looks ok, kinda blocky if you ask me.

    The 3rd last screen looks really cool with the archways and destruction. Also the lighting in that area seems much better then others.

    I've seen better from you.

    Then again maybe your shooting for that style. An In-game Play test is what it needs in my opinion.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 12, 2006 at 9:13 PM

    looks sweet

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 12, 2006 at 1:24 AM

    very nice but yeah, should bein the model thread, hehe

  • dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 11, 2006 at 6:47 PM

    hehe, sweet if soo

  • dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 11, 2006 at 2:42 PM

    Man thats looking awesome.

    Wish you had some gargoyle models to go with it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™