1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Grinwhrl

Posts by Grinwhrl

  • Mad Max: Fury Road

    • Grinwhrl
    • May 21, 2015 at 4:06 PM

    Sequel on the way called The Wasteland!


    http://www.forbes.com/sites/benjamin…quel-wasteland/

  • Mad Max: Fury Road

    • Grinwhrl
    • May 17, 2015 at 3:58 AM

    Going to see it again Monday XD

  • Mad Max: Fury Road

    • Grinwhrl
    • May 15, 2015 at 10:31 PM

    Movie was awesome, go see it!

  • Mad Max: Fury Road

    • Grinwhrl
    • May 13, 2015 at 4:47 PM

    98% out of 60 reviews on RottenT

  • Mad Max: Fury Road

    • Grinwhrl
    • May 11, 2015 at 11:02 PM

    I took off Friday just to see this that morning! + extra long weekend.

  • The Witcher 3

    • Grinwhrl
    • May 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM

    http://imgur.com/a/K3uFC


    Another one to add to hypocrites that think this was the next coming, but isn't.


    I'm not trying to dis the game in anyway, I think it looks excellent even with the optimization downgrades. Gonna be picking it up when it comes out as well.

  • You can now sell content through Steam Workshop

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 23, 2015 at 8:55 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    I agree, art is definitely better when the people making it are starving


    I do agree, from a freelancer perspective much like a Youtuber/Streamer, which I was not thinking about earlier; if the market is truly large enough now, its great people could start making decent income doing what they love within the comfort of their home. I hope its somewhat regulated though. Like other people have said, it could be risky to buy some of this stuff and not have it work, or whatever reason.

  • You can now sell content through Steam Workshop

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 23, 2015 at 8:29 PM

    If money is involved, the whole magic of modding is gone. The freedom of creativity within the community is broken. The workshop here is what gave these games longevity. It expressed the creators talent and expressions. It was a place to start for some, a place to learn for others, etc. Money involved just weakens all of this in my opinion.


    Edit: Following up from what Sjonsson and FMPONE said,


    Quote

    You're dang right it is! Freelancing artists might have a new way to survive in the future!Looking forward to see how this plays out.

    Quote from FMPONE

    I agree, art is definitely better when the people making it are starving


    I do agree, from a freelancer perspective much like a Youtuber/Streamer, which I was not thinking about earlier; if the market is truly large enough now, its great people could start making decent income doing what they love within the comfort of their home. I hope its somewhat regulated though. Like other people have said, it could be risky to buy some of this stuff and not have it work, or whatever reason.

  • Total War: Warhammer

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 22, 2015 at 8:28 PM

    I didn't care for the CG trailer much, because there has been so many better ones, but I am really looking forward to this game!

  • The Jurassic World

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM

    I liked the new trailer, looks fun, even if some of it looks cheesy as hell.

  • Star Wars Battlefront

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 18, 2015 at 3:22 AM

    "That’s our frostbite engine that we’re using, and all the assets that are in the trailer are actually from the game. None of it is fake really. It’s the game’s assets. Of course there are cinematic things we’re doing that is hard to play, but we want to prove that we can make our own trailers in the engine that we’re also making the game for. But we don’t try to trick anyone."


    Sounds Promising. Looking forward to seeing that 7 minute gameplay though.

  • Star Wars Battlefront

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 17, 2015 at 3:40 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    Is this like 'Star wars week' or something? Not knocking it like ;D


    Yup, Star Wars Celebration weekend.

  • Star Wars

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM

    MAZING!!!!

  • GTA V

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 16, 2015 at 7:01 PM

    I use M&K for driving, and love it. Takes an hour to get it down. The game became so much easier with mouse and keyboard, shooting is actually fun and accurate.

  • True Detective - TV Show

    • Grinwhrl
    • April 10, 2015 at 12:57 AM

    Season 2


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Rainbow Six: Siege

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 30, 2015 at 7:05 PM
    Quote from Vilham

    Ubisoft game, what else do you expect


    Farcry 4 didn't


    Edit: I didn't see they were going for 60fps, that explains it.

  • Rainbow Six: Siege

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 30, 2015 at 5:55 PM

    The house map looks as if it got a serious downgrade

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 19, 2015 at 3:31 AM
    Quote from blackdog

    At lunch I finished Season 1 of The Following.

    Not groundbreaking, but it steadily remains at a good level of quality.

    Fair enough for those who like this, but that show is retarded, it makes no sense and is just plain annoying to watch. Quality maybe, but writing is laughable and embarrassingly bad...

  • The Walking Dead

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 18, 2015 at 12:54 AM
    Quote

    Damn, last episode was as violent as 'Day of the Dead'.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Grinwhrl
    • March 16, 2015 at 2:29 PM
    Quote from cashed

    Now that it's official, I start at Ubisoft Toronto on Monday.



    Congrats!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™