1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. General Vivi

Posts by General Vivi

  • Vivendi studios and projects face uncertain future

    • General Vivi
    • July 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM

    Yeah, I haven't really been affected just yet.... but we shall see how things go in the future. Hopefully Raven won't be pushed around tooo much or something ....

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • July 29, 2008 at 3:39 AM

    added some bench images!

  • Low poly environment - Girl's bedroom

    • General Vivi
    • July 25, 2008 at 9:28 PM

    That looks pretty awesome mino. I've wanted to give ds art a try for a long time now, I might just try it

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • July 25, 2008 at 6:03 AM

    threw another one in the mix. These are a lot of fun to make! I need to get back to mapping soon

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • July 24, 2008 at 7:26 AM

    Threw another one up there! Go yellow and red !

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • July 23, 2008 at 5:17 PM
    Quote from Sa74n

    nice stuffi'd like to see the original favorite sun image of all time

    The original image is just the design itself I took a circle in max and extruded out the outlines to make it look like the sun. I use that render In ..... pretty much anything to do with a rising sun now . So yeah its modeled I guess

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • July 23, 2008 at 7:21 AM

    Decided to pick up on some good old fashion photoshop fun! So here is my first set of stuff. More to come in the future

    ------------------------------------

    [Sky series] - got inspired to to some sky background images. I will prob make more of these with silhouettes of buildings and machines. Here are the first set!

    (just using some generic brushes from different places and some random buildings I created this piece pretty quick)

    [Blocked Image: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2847/sky1hq5.jpg]

    (using a zune model I made a while back I took its render and my favorite sun image of all time and slapped them together over this sky!quick job and was fun to do!)

    [Blocked Image: http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3563/sky22gb5.jpg]

    (More sun fun! took an old trashcan I made from a bit back and changed the skin on it to fit the theme)

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/sky4.jpg]

    (This time I went for a black and white look after some debate. I used my old conspiracy building models I made a while back for a 3d skybox. I also reused the awesome sun and blob brush from the trashcan image I did)

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/sky5-2.jpg]

    (more fun stuff!)

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/sky6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/bw_bench01.jpg]

    (New piece i got inspired to do since I'm thinking about changing the splash screen a bit on my portfolio)

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hat_f.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • General Vivi
    • July 22, 2008 at 8:34 PM

    PenE, Looking vetty vetty nice dude!

  • The random model thread!

    • General Vivi
    • July 22, 2008 at 8:19 PM

    Pomperi! looking great!

  • Good luck Arttu :D

    • General Vivi
    • July 22, 2008 at 7:20 PM

    GL dude!

  • Finally, Adam Foster joins Valve

    • General Vivi
    • July 17, 2008 at 5:39 PM

    Congrats to him for sure! He has inspired me so much in my sp ld love you ADAM!

  • Duke! The most weird trailer, ever?!

    • General Vivi
    • July 17, 2008 at 5:32 PM

    hahaha that's so awesome.

  • Wolfenstein

    • General Vivi
    • July 17, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    Quote from dux

    Did we just destroy ravens art and design team?

    Nevar!

  • Wolfenstein

    • General Vivi
    • July 16, 2008 at 5:40 PM

    Yikes, Not the kind of comments I was expecting. *shrugs* will be fun either way

  • Where are all the Level Designers?

    • General Vivi
    • July 14, 2008 at 8:24 PM

    yeah it kinda sucks i guess. Cause if you have kids you don't always want them moving and not growing up with friends.

  • Where are all the Level Designers?

    • General Vivi
    • July 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    Interesting thread to read through.I think level designers are very underestimated in the game design industry. Environment artists get all the credit for making the awesome-looking models/textures, the people that make the game immersive through gameplay don't get as much credit at all.

    I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT!!! SOOOOO BAADDDDDDDDDD

    Also, I feel like we are the hardcore punks of level design that like to design 24/7!

    most of the people that I have worked with in the past were from design school. A lot of kids from the Guild Hall it seems are emerging "new trend"

    But we also have a lot of older level designers that just come in and do the 9-5 and go home to their families and stuff.

  • POLL: Mappingcontest

    • General Vivi
    • July 11, 2008 at 12:02 AM

    I wish i wasn't already working on stuff so i could join in this !

  • Max Payne [movie]

    • General Vivi
    • July 10, 2008 at 10:50 PM

    Thank god uwe boll isn't making this!

  • Halo Energy sword anyone?

    • General Vivi
    • July 10, 2008 at 10:47 PM

    i now want to buy a links master sword....

  • E3 2008

    • General Vivi
    • July 10, 2008 at 4:34 AM

    http://kotaku.com/5023151/new-wolfenste ... hown-at-e3

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™