1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. General Vivi

Posts by General Vivi

  • Portal: Prelude

    • General Vivi
    • September 16, 2008 at 7:40 PM

    looking good! a bit jealous is this guy <-----------------

    Can't wait to see how my map holds up to this one.

  • The random model thread!

    • General Vivi
    • September 10, 2008 at 11:23 PM

    looking nice jenno

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • General Vivi
    • September 8, 2008 at 5:34 PM

    @shacky - yeah I forgot to do that before I did that compile. heh

    Tarky - which ones? the ones on the wall or the ones in the middle of the room?

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • General Vivi
    • September 7, 2008 at 8:35 PM

    hahah weird ... in that last shot it appears that the low lod is showing... i must be far enough away or something...

    but yeah when I'm done setting up some different stuff in the scene I will make a model for the lamps and stop using the cs_office ones..

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • General Vivi
    • September 6, 2008 at 12:12 PM

    Did a bit of work on the front area before heading off to bed. Still needs more work! ^^ (and tbh I think this would make a really fun 1 v 1 map or 2 v 2 in css )

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0032.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0037.jpg]

    added in a small tv to give off some blue light ... sadly you can't really see it in this shot but i'll get a better one next time.

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0038.jpg]

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • General Vivi
    • September 5, 2008 at 3:50 AM

    Another update! I'm trying to powerhouse through this ^^ !

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/dusty_town_blueprints.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0017.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0023.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0019.jpg]

    here is my layout and the idea is to make this a small interactive slice of a city. Not sure exactly how just yet but the pieces are falling into place slowly !

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • General Vivi
    • September 4, 2008 at 4:51 PM
    Quote from Freak

    really awesome till now!

    care to elaborate? !

    I'm always down for good crits.

    I will be eventually switching out the plants and the lamps.

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • General Vivi
    • September 4, 2008 at 7:48 AM

    A quick texture from cgtextures.com adds a nice path to the middle of my scene.

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_streetfloor.jpg]

    More details!

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0024.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0026.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0030.jpg]

    I think I might make this a playable walk through scene with small interactions..... might be nice...

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • General Vivi
    • September 3, 2008 at 9:27 AM

    This scene is a semi old one that I decided to dig up to better hone my scene development skills. Blue/white brick texture was made by PhilE from interlopers.net , and roof ac unit was made by bitmap , all other custom models / textures were made by me.

    This is still wip and will hopefully be finished soon! I will be working on it back and forth with my current portal map.

    Starters!

    Dev blocking in for ruff game play ideas

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_level40003.jpg]

    Quick texture test to get a feeling for the scene

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass0006.jpg]

    Another quick pass for temp lighting

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass30003.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass30001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass30006.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass30008.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass30009.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass30011.jpg]

    Big change in layout of the interior proved to be a good decision and helped bring out the theme for the building.

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass3001-1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass30023.jpg]

    Quick template brush stuff

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_brushwork_artpass30027.jpg]

    Now start applying it to the exterior of the building

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0001.jpg]

    After that quick compile test I continued the look

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0003.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0008.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hr_fallout_washroom0011.jpg]

    More to come soon! Still needs a lot of work! Hopefully this is a step in the right direction ^^!

  • Mona Lisa painted with 1100 paintballs, mythbusters style

    • General Vivi
    • September 2, 2008 at 3:19 PM

    hahah that was awesome!

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • August 24, 2008 at 12:14 AM

    Thanks guys! It wasn't really meant to be blood, It was just supposed to be the alllll powerful contrast in color! lol ... but yeah I'm also glad I moved away from the blood.

    -------------------------

    me and my Gf double teamed this one! just for fun quick scribble stuff

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/kandj2.jpg]

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • August 23, 2008 at 3:09 AM

    after some crits from my gf and refixed the piece and here it is!

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hat_f.jpg]

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • August 22, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Nice! It reminds me of leileilol though!

    Yeah I used to have the same character in my avatar

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/maple_character.png]

    I forgot what the type of character is called but I remember him calling me out on it and saying his was better a long time ago

    I think I might continue this model and see if I can't create a character with it or something but .... I dunno

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • General Vivi
    • August 22, 2008 at 7:15 PM

    Nother Update!

    New piece i got inspired to do since I'm thinking about changing the splash screen a bit on my portfolio

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/hat.jpg]

  • Under Siege - PSN

    • General Vivi
    • August 18, 2008 at 2:55 PM

    Coo, they look like a neet lil studio. I hope the game is stylized

  • [WIP] Fairbairn-Sykes combat knife

    • General Vivi
    • August 11, 2008 at 7:08 PM

    Hey hey! welcome to teh core! enjoy your stay

  • Wolfenstein

    • General Vivi
    • August 2, 2008 at 12:16 AM

    woot! can't wait

  • EA will sell Crysis Ready PCs

    • General Vivi
    • July 30, 2008 at 12:29 AM

    woot i've always wanted to pay $3000 bucks for a game

  • Vivendi studios and projects face uncertain future

    • General Vivi
    • July 29, 2008 at 8:45 PM
    Quote from Erratic

    Also what good are more Crash games if they aren't from Naughty Dog? None have been very successful without them.

    Whats the point if 70% of the people that worked on those games originally aren't even there anymore. : /

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • General Vivi
    • July 29, 2008 at 8:42 PM

    Teddy = sexy beast!

    edit:

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™