Posts by ⌐■_■
-
-
As allways Tomdon, you amaze me again. This is truly creative

I agree with phillipK on the fog thingy though
-
Hello there,
I initialy made this counterstrike deathmatch level for 2 friends of mine. They were going to battle eachother and I thaught I'd like to build a little, appropriate arena for them to get it on in. Well, since Dm_Ruinz is now finished, I'd like to share it with you guys.

The arena is ment for 1 vs 1 gameplay but could take 2 vs 2. Technically you can even have a 4 vs 4 battle in it, but I think best gameplay will occur in a 1 vs 1 battle. Allthough the level is small, there are enough hiding spots, like trees, rocks and of course.. crates! As the name suggests, ruinz contains a small ruin wich you can enter. I also added an easter egg. The level is not big nor is it complicated so you wont have a day task finding it.
Each player (team wont make any difference) is equiped with the following armory:
1) a tmp
2) a fnp90
3) a scout
4) and a benelli M3 shotgun
I chose these weapons because I know both of my friends suck with these weapons and I think this might deliver them some interesting gameplay (I'm thinking of firefights here).
I added 4 screenshots and a link as media. The link brings you at a youtube clip of my level. This is not the one as posted in the WIP gallery.
Since it's a while since I released a map (hell, even mapped) I cant find a suited host. As soon as I get a host I'll add a DL link.
Thank you for your interest!

~ tomatoz
[Blocked Image: http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/9610/dmruinz0000az4.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/9200/dmruinz0001pi2.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3074/dmruinz0002qd8.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9319/dmruinz0003kr9.jpg]
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
looks cool!
gotta try this anytime soon! 
indeed kudos on the presentation!

-
yeah, its a really awesome map and you really seem to have made it a personal project, wich you started and profesionally completed. congatulations!
here, have a beer
[Blocked Image: http://www.strykowski.net/zdjecia_wody_fotografia/haineken_heineken_65.jpg]
-
shit nex' this map aint so bad!
you keep surprisin me
-
just downloaded the demo and played it for a while. its pretty original and fun to play (but damn i miss the crosshair!). I think you'd like it!
-
heres a youtube clip i made of dm_ruinz, a map im working on for 2 friends of mine. anyhow, watch it if you like.

-
-
miss out on the sweet action then. its your own choice.
-
[Blocked Image: http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/549/ruinzox0.jpg]
dont mind the skybox -
that looks awesome. a lil dark though, but that might also just be my laptopscreen? anyhow, i think its pretty atmospheric.
just got back to mapping for hl again myself

-
-
this simply looks amazing...
-
thats great,
thanks

-
oh its relevant to me

thanks both of you
-
there is no way that i can do this through steam? and, can i use the steam directory for the config?

-
Hi,
Ive been trying to configure Hammer for cs1.6 for some long time and A) I havent found any tutorials on how to do this in Steam and B) I just cant do it and I dont have the time to find this out all by myself.
So my question: is here anyone who knows how to do this or can anyone link me to a good tut?
I wanna make map for some friends who are going to battle each other anytime soon. Any help will be very much appriciated!

Greetz,
~ tomatoz
-
oh that doesnt look too bad. are you going to work on that some more?
boston looks fine. really clean and well balanced. im not sure if i like the clean part, id try to make it more 'lived out'. add trash etc, to make the scene less of a designed playground and more like an immersive city. i like the colours though!
michi, i think your map looks ok but i think you could get much more out of it. it has alot of potential to be an atmospheric scene! i suggest adding houses, farm objects and more trees. maybe even a broken wall, ruin, rock, etc. etc. i like the colours and the raw looks of it!
-