1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ⌐■_■

Posts by ⌐■_■

  • Poke646: Vendetta

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 20, 2006 at 9:30 PM

    this is leveldesign at one of the highest levels ive evor seen...

  • Black Mesa Source is back

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 20, 2006 at 3:40 PM

    wow thats a wrong mentallity to apply for something lol

  • A winter 3D animation

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 20, 2006 at 3:35 PM

    i like it too but id most definitly make those two windows light up instead of only one. also: vivi's comment.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 20, 2006 at 11:30 AM

    dude

    this isnt eot..

  • Black Mesa Source is back

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 18, 2006 at 7:11 AM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    same here

  • Dm_Ruinz [CS 1.6]

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 16, 2006 at 4:17 PM

    the initial plan was to make a button in the tower of the ruin wich would instagib anybody not being in the tower at that moment. however, i thaught that could distract the players from simply battleing eachother so i decided not to do that (i had implemeted it allready though)..

    *sigh*

    but that doesnt matter anymore, because bill gaytes makes vaginasoftware and im a dumbfuck

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 16, 2006 at 11:59 AM
    Quote from hydeph

    I disagree. I find the majority of Source maps do not take advantage of the ability to jam pack levels full of brush details.

    I guess there is a balance between props and brush detail that is to be made, but seriously, the whole displacement map filled with props shit is getting old, fast.

    I'm glad there is a community of mappers that know this, though. <3 core

    I didnt say props are everything

    what i ment is that leveldesigners shouldnt focus too much on detail on brushwork in general. i find balance and smart brushplacement more important. for instance, look at the hl1 maps from Neil Manke (they hunger), he doesnt add too much detail in his levels but theres an consistent style noticeable and a grand atmosphere. i think that definitly goes for hl2 maps too. good lighting, a consistent style and good, smart and creative placement of brushes is so important. to be frank, im getting tired of all ppl staring themselves blind on the detail, like thats the only element of leveldesign.. im not saying its not important though..

    but, what youre basicly saying is; is that you find brushwork is everything?

  • Now playing

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 15, 2006 at 12:17 AM
    Quote from requiem2d

    snake

    yes, this game is the best, man!

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 14, 2006 at 10:28 PM

    the colossus thing and the other thing = ART

    good stuff

  • Now playing

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 14, 2006 at 9:57 PM

    pong

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 14, 2006 at 9:56 PM

    brushwork is not everything.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 13, 2006 at 11:35 PM

    Ooghijmiqtxxa:


    holy shit that looks fekken awesum! and the green lights are not that bad after all! cant wait to see more of this good!

    succes!

  • Games and Windows Vista

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 13, 2006 at 9:33 AM

    Yeah but if someone for instance gáve you a a copy (you KNOW this sometimes happens) and you had a good system, why wouldn't you take the present and just enjoy it? I dont mind the gloss.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 13, 2006 at 12:14 AM

    wow, good work man!

    i dont know if i like the idea of the colors. its your map, your work and maybe even most important: your insight. however, from what i can see in the screencaps wouldnt use any color. just white, or.. maybe ligth-yellow. i dont think arcade colors make a good mix with the atmosphere youre probably trying to create. anyways, these are just my 2 cents. i think your maps looks very fine already so dont worry too much

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 12, 2006 at 11:10 PM

    that is so awesome!

    wall could use a pattern or something, like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6076/18471767700700qsi7xo0.jpg]

    or something in the lines of this:

    [Blocked Image: http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/227/backgroundgraygl6.jpg]

    keep the green color though!

  • Games and Windows Vista

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 12, 2006 at 8:16 PM

    What are you talking about?

  • Games and Windows Vista

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 12, 2006 at 8:14 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    It's not out until January 30th, so if you "bought" it, that would mean you purchased a bulk volume liscence for a business or you're part of MSDN, of which I assume you're neither. So how exactly did you get this?

    I purchased a bulk volume liscence for a business.

  • Games and Windows Vista

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 12, 2006 at 8:12 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    It's hardley as cool as a Mac. But it's better than XP. By the looks.I've heard lots of negative things about performans issues in different Norwegian tests and such.

    Yeah, I think it's way more stylistic then XP (wich I really dig). I havent really tested the performance as of yet, but all I can say is that, on the surface, it's less of a performance loss then I expected it to be.

    I do think that with the developement of newer systems, Vista will turn out to be a more wanted OS then XP. But then again, a housemate of mine, who studied ICT (a computerscience studie) always preferred older OS for their performance and their simplicity. I have taken over that habit so I'm still really not sure wether to keep Vista or not..

  • Games and Windows Vista

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 12, 2006 at 7:19 PM

    Right,

    So how cool is this:

    [Blocked Image: http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/713/naamloosup6.jpg]

  • Games and Windows Vista

    • ⌐■_■
    • December 12, 2006 at 6:53 PM

    Ok, I bought me a copy and I installed it. These are the things I encountered:

    - Really beautiful layout;

    - User envoirement is pretty new and for me (and probably most used-to/advanced users) rather unpractical;

    - Performance on my system has little loss in comparison to all new features;

    - Steam runs, but the HL1 engine can ONLY run in software mode, wich sucks;

    - Firefox still paWns IE 7;

    - Some minor programissues, none worth mentioning yet;

    - Driverissue: Steam won't run HL1 and mods in OpenGL, wich is really frustrating.

    So, my experience untill now is better then I expected. I can imagine Vista's interface being superior over XP's if A) you have a good system, and B) you get used to the new interface. It's a ll very stylistic and I like that. Functionallity is something that sometimes has to suffer from beauty and thats what I think is a waste.

    Not sure if I'm going back to XP. I think I'll give Vista a chance..

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™