1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Hipshot

Posts by Hipshot

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Hipshot
    • March 7, 2016 at 12:30 AM

    Hmm, hmm... moving along slowly here on our side. This game is actually starting to look like a game now. Aside from smaller things, like random effects, particle spawners and some boss graphics, (and tons of bugs ofc) the art is more or less done, the big parts that are left are A LOT OF level design (hey thats me!), multiplayer code, boss-code, enemy-skills, and modding =) Small stuff, should be done in no time... (yeah right =D)


    It's really fun to work on someone else's IP when you are so free like we are, it's a lot of work - but it's fun. For me personally it could also be a way of opening a few doors that has been pretty shut tight for now, there are a few other IPs that I would love to work with, would be easier to get such deals when you can prove that you can actually deliver a certain quality.

    Creating our own engine gives a lot too, a lot of issues but also such freedom. We are not locked in by some deal with Unity or Unreal, we can do whatever kind of modding we want, release the source code, port to any platform etc, we plan to use this new engine for at least 3 games in total, maybe more. Cause as soon as the rough parts are done, it should be mostly gameplay coding for a new project.


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Brutal Hexen/Heretic

    • Hipshot
    • February 6, 2016 at 2:57 PM

    Can be downloaded here: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50697

    They are not complete yet, as far as I know. But you can still play them!

  • Far Cry Primal

    • Hipshot
    • October 8, 2015 at 8:51 PM

    Blackdog, do you work for Ubisoft or are you just a really big fan of the FC-series?

  • Far Cry Primal

    • Hipshot
    • October 6, 2015 at 10:02 PM

    Farcry is all about killing animals these days - on the list to be or already extinct.

    You level up while doing it.

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Hipshot
    • October 3, 2015 at 4:16 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://zfight.com/misc/images/ssbd/2015/sep/weapons.gif]

    Weapons: Sledgehammer, Akimbo, Cannon, Shaft, Ripper, Tommy Gun, Minigun, Laser Cannon, Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon, Shotgun, Boomstick, Auto Shotgun, Bio Rifle, Devastator, Railgun, Flamethrower.

    Ammo: Balls of Steel, Electricity, Blades, Bullets, Cells, Rockets, Scrap, Shells, Ooze, Slugs, Bolts, Gasoline

    We have a few more weapons, but I think we will need to kick those over to a DLC, cause we are getting too many weapons now =D

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Hipshot
    • September 30, 2015 at 12:24 AM

    S-P-L-I-T-S-C-R-E-E-N (Buggy and things are not in sync blablablba. Also, first time I ever upload a video in 1080 60FPS)

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • September 25, 2015 at 3:23 AM

    Working on two deathmatch levels, as we speak, as can be seen, it's all very wip =)

    @ My fake job: As always, trying to make a fun and good vertical level, never really succeeded I feel - maybe this time!

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/VrvVdmZ.jpg]

    @My real job: Can't get more non vertical than this though. Inspired by DM2...

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Tfb7aJ9.png]

    Tired. To be continued =D

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Hipshot
    • July 16, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    Finally getting a hang of the new unity UI and animation system.. it's pretty awesome!

    http://i.imgur.com/mAbdlGk.gifv

    I envy you, that you can have all the creative freedom AND being able to code that yourself. It's a bit of a burden having to wait for a coder to do some things, even the smallest things for you =D Like making space a duplicate unit button in the editor =D

    I should learn unity too I think. Or w/e, maybe I should just wait and see what Source 2 has to offer.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • July 7, 2015 at 7:20 PM

    Cool, ogier, long time no see. Worked with it at sbz1.

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Hipshot
    • July 3, 2015 at 8:21 AM

    Oh, there's tons of things missing, like proper indicators when you take damage etc. The white flash when you hit someone aren't in because we need a shader or w/e for it, since we are writing a new engine. As you can see, there's a lot of effects missing too, like proper particles from explosions, tracers from the weapon and so =)

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Hipshot
    • July 3, 2015 at 2:19 AM

    Haven't posted in a while now, but this is the current progress (kinda) of serious sam.

    I think YT is messing up some videos if they are too fast or w/e, cause it's not this shaky when I watch the raw footage, anyway.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Here's some stills too =)

    [Blocked Image: http://zfight.com/misc/images/ssbd/2015/jul/gore.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://zfight.com/misc/images/ssbd/2015/jun/station.png][Blocked Image: http://zfight.com/misc/images/ssbd/2015/jun/port.png]

  • Project Cars

    • Hipshot
    • May 15, 2015 at 3:59 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    There's Porsche in the trailer at 1:20

    I'd really dig a driving game atm, this is incredibly beautiful, but I don't like racing on race tracks and i like more arcade-y ones, this seems more on the serious side


    RUF

  • Project Cars

    • Hipshot
    • May 15, 2015 at 8:13 AM

    I can't buy this seeing how there's no Porsche in the game.

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Hipshot
    • May 14, 2015 at 9:46 AM
    Quote from SpronyvanJohnson

    That doesn't sound bad! Where are you going with this?


    Cause with numbers like that, it's easier to speculate if there's gonna be a sequel, or if the series will be rebooted once again in 6 years.


    Ok, so there was an expansion just released, that probably means it went well enough!

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Hipshot
    • May 13, 2015 at 3:33 PM

    So, using the steamspy, we can calculate that the game have sold for about 30M USD, with valves fee, that gives Zenimax around 20M on the sales.

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Hipshot
    • May 13, 2015 at 9:29 AM

    Im not asking cause I don't want the game. I'm just askin =) So, have it been on sale yet and is it a steamworks only game? =)

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Hipshot
    • May 13, 2015 at 5:31 AM

    Is this a steam works game (if I buy it anywhere else, does it register through steam)? Have it ever been on sale yet?

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Hipshot
    • May 8, 2015 at 3:39 PM

    Funny guy!

  • CTF Documentation on Design Process?

    • Hipshot
    • May 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM

    I just wanted to add to this thread - no advice at all - just that, CTF is the most fun game mode, when played with two equal teams. Especially in Quake, Unreal, Team Fortress and Tribes.

  • You can now sell content through Steam Workshop

    • Hipshot
    • April 28, 2015 at 8:21 AM

    Valve will bring this back, I can only think this was canceled because there wasn't enough resources to handle the situation. Valve introduced the idea because they believe in it and Bethesda loves whatever they do, so if this doesn't come out for skyrim again, then for Justice Scepter - that's my name for the new Elder Scrolls - you read it here first (or whatever they will call it).

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™