1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Hipshot

Posts by Hipshot

  • Wish me good luck now!

    • Hipshot
    • December 21, 2005 at 5:00 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Half the planet is applying at DICE lately...good luck!

    Just for the record, I didn't apply for this job.

  • Wish me good luck now!

    • Hipshot
    • December 20, 2005 at 5:48 PM

    Cause I would need it. Going to Dice tomorrow. If it turns out well (might not be settled until after christmas though) I'm gonna tell the whole storry!

    Man do I need luck now... [Blocked Image: http://www.quake3world.com/forum/images/smiles/dork.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.quake3world.com/forum/images/smiles/dork.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.quake3world.com/forum/images/smiles/dork.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.quake3world.com/forum/images/smiles/dork.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.quake3world.com/forum/images/smiles/dork.gif]

    (This me not being able to model is starting be a real issue for me nowdays, I NEED to start modeling! (Note to myself: Be able to model well before summer or kill yourself)).

  • The Swedish Rodney King incident.

    • Hipshot
    • December 16, 2005 at 10:02 PM

    Ok, this summer, there was some kind bum or something that started to drool (or whatever) on some coppers car and they decides to keep the player down with thier nightsticks...

    At first it looked like they were getting jail for this, but now, a few months later, it seems as they will go almost unpunished from this, that sucks!

    Ok, what you do is this, enter this page: (newspaper)

    http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/inrikes/did_11325050.asp

    You see the red circle on the img below, you are supposed to click on that link, and then watch, in color when they unlawfully takes him down!

    [Blocked Image: http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/2182/playerdown4hw.jpg]

    The police state of sweden must see an end some day, or we will all fall!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 30, 2005 at 5:29 PM

    Oh the lair!

  • Stainless Steel belly up, people burning, stuff screaming

    • Hipshot
    • November 29, 2005 at 10:07 PM

    EE was pretty good when it came, EE2 was not good at all, I could care less really. Rise of Nations owned both games by far, and I can't wait to see Rise of Legends.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 29, 2005 at 12:39 AM
    Quote from spacer

    It only seems to appear on the one side of the doorways and flashes in and out of view depending on where you're standing.

    I'm pretty sure this is a engine bug, I have the same problem in my map, tried everything, there must be something in the map that messes them up, I think I need to remake the entire map (thats probably why I put that map on hold for a while, that will take some time redoing that, and it sucks also), or I'll just skip the glows, but that I don't want either... damn Gaben.

  • Bunch of Crap (lots of pictures, beware)

    • Hipshot
    • November 27, 2005 at 7:37 PM

    This is insane...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 27, 2005 at 6:50 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    imageshack automatically resizes it down :S

    No it doesn't. As long as the pics are under 1024KB they can be whatever size you want. BUT it makes thumbnails, as seen in my post. I posted the rawsized images like I did previously, but for some reason the only two with a windows res at 640x480 was viewing the thread at that moment.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 27, 2005 at 5:30 PM

    hehe, I don't know why I do that, I guess I think most mappers and creative modders uses a high res

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 27, 2005 at 9:12 AM

    Uh... the music was just something I played in winamp during the recording, forgott to turn it off, well well...

    [Blocked Image: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7057/shot02229tp.th.jpg][Blocked Image: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3537/shot02247il.th.jpg][Blocked Image: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9369/shot02231lu.th.jpg]

  • Cadogan

    • Hipshot
    • November 27, 2005 at 9:10 AM

    Amazing.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 27, 2005 at 1:13 AM

    Static: http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/1933/shot02188ej.jpg

    Motion: http://www.zfight.com/misc/files/q3/tempmovie.rar xvid ~6MB.

    Were made to show a friend only, but that clip displays more of the design, color palette and over all style. I'm no good trickjumper really and I'm sure there are alot of people out there that can do this much better. It took me several atempts just to make that bunny from the boomstick to the rail.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 26, 2005 at 9:18 PM

    Uh, those trees aren't my models.

    I love that sky Nexus.

  • Off to Vegas

    • Hipshot
    • November 26, 2005 at 7:03 AM

    Very Bad Things ? Have fun

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 26, 2005 at 5:45 AM

    Its forced picmip 0, probably why, anyway, nobody plays Q3 with detailtextures on, turing them off give me ~30 FPS more, and the map isn't even finished.

    This map, was put on hold until the Q3 map is done. (Don't remember if I posted this before)

    [Blocked Image: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9850/htire00363gf.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • November 26, 2005 at 5:32 AM

    Taste of the Interstellar Serenity.

    [Blocked Image: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1592/shot02118mb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1779/shot02156uy.jpg]

  • Modeled my first vehicle ever! And it's a volvo 300 oh god

    • Hipshot
    • October 5, 2005 at 11:22 AM

    Nice, very nice, what app did you use?

    Please, make us a XC70.

    [Blocked Image: http://cars.zaobao.com/images1/volvo220401.jpg]

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Hipshot
    • October 5, 2005 at 11:07 AM
    Quote from zeOx

    it's a bitch to get it to look decent?

    No, I have no problem with that. Its more that I noted that some of them got corrupted. I think its because a bug in the vmf or something, or some other ent, its very strange, cause the problem follows even when I copy the map to a new, but I'm sure it will go away when I redo the map... (*sigh*)

  • Weapon Model

    • Hipshot
    • October 5, 2005 at 10:49 AM

    Yea, looks nice. Was Maya easy to use? Could you port this to Source?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • October 5, 2005 at 10:47 AM

    Mmmm... Tiberium.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™