1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Z2D

Posts by Z2D

  • Photoshop Enthusiast Looking To Expand Skillset...

    • Z2D
    • July 25, 2005 at 7:13 AM

    Hello Gents,

    I've recently taken up the interest for environmental texture creation. I have a thorough knowledge of Photoshop (~4 years), but I have never expanded my abilities further than the creation of 2D graphics, such as templates, wallpapers, etc. I have a few questions for you fellow artists. I am not asking for links to tutorials. I am not asking for step-by-step guides on the creation of textures; I simply wish to hear a few tips and tricks on how I should get started (ala how you obtained the interest for texturing, where you started, etc). I also have a few questions...

    1) How do you go about blending in things into base textures, such as windows, doors, etc?

    2) What are your favorite (top 5) Photoshop tools you use in the creation of textures?

    3) Where can I find information on what each of the texture maps do (normal, specularity, diffuse, etc)?

    If you guys would take a few minutes out of your time, and provide me with relevant information, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™