1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Phatsniper

Posts by Phatsniper

  • Quake IV multiplayer / vehicle videos

    • Phatsniper
    • September 19, 2005 at 10:34 PM

    Haha no worries I was just amazed I came up with the word vehicular

    I feel the same way about the atmosphere although it seems to have come along from the first unveiling. I think it's more that I'm not a real fan of slow chunky vehicles than them not actually being any good (although I'd love to use the loader from Aliens).

    I have real mixed feelings on this which is kinda cool in a way, it's the first game in a while that I really want to play to find out what it contains. Most games today are spoilt before you even play them.

  • Quake IV multiplayer / vehicle videos

    • Phatsniper
    • September 18, 2005 at 1:04 AM

    Omg you stole my words D3!

    Multiplayer looks fun but the vehicles don't do much for me.

    /me sues D3

  • What game started it for you?

    • Phatsniper
    • September 9, 2005 at 2:48 PM

    Yeah I also thought I was the only Alleycat player. I don't have it anymore but I know it's available on freeware sites, I'll have to play again sometime

  • What game started it for you?

    • Phatsniper
    • September 9, 2005 at 11:28 AM

    Prince of Persia, Battlechess, and Alleycat (same game peri is talking about). Damn alleycat rocked, it was like a vertical frogger in the alley then you can go through open windows and play the minigames.

    Battlechess was cool also, characters fighting when you take a piece etc. And I don't need to talk about PoP

    I first started making levels (if you can call it that) for Super Lode Runner on the gameboy sometime in the early 90's, Half-Life is what got me really into it though.

  • New Doom movie trailer

    • Phatsniper
    • August 26, 2005 at 10:56 AM

    I've never been a fan of the Rock and I stay away from movies that he's in. Amazingly, from what I've seen he seems to fit the part very well and I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs.

    I've really gotten back into Doom 3 lately and I'll be seeing this at the cinema for sure. Tomb Raider, Resident Evil etc. have all been let downs but I'm going to take a risk and predict this will proberly be the best game to movie transfer to date.

    Which isn't the hardest of tasks.

  • cs palmrich

    • Phatsniper
    • August 24, 2005 at 7:27 PM

    Tough break man but these guys tell the truth, I've also had the same thing happen (twice no less) and once you get over all the work you've lost you start producing much better work.

    I always say I'll backup my work and I never do, it's a risky game to play.

  • Doom III engine

    • Phatsniper
    • August 24, 2005 at 4:23 AM

    Yeah I've been using the D3 engine for about a month now and I've really fallen for it. It's amazing how far you can take brush geometry, I was expecting many more models after playing the game.

    Trouble is it's totally spoilt Source for me now I still like the engine and it's great at what it does, but it's alot more work to get things done.

  • dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

    • Phatsniper
    • August 22, 2005 at 10:25 AM

    Aside from the repetition it's looking very nice, and I'm not usually a fan of castles. A small outside area with some grass etc. could be cool and would help put some more colours in.

  • de_battleship

    • Phatsniper
    • July 16, 2005 at 2:06 AM

    Loving the fog, reminds me of Sof 2 / MGS 2. Some really long beams of light cutting through the fog would look really cool. If you didn't want a war going on perhaps the odd chopper / jet flyby would add something (or perhaps I'm just playing too much BF2).

  • de_battleship

    • Phatsniper
    • July 6, 2005 at 9:27 PM

    Looking cool man. I loved the battleship map for CoD despite the awful layout, it'll be interesting to see what you do with this.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™