1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. silver

Posts by silver

  • new gfx card

    • silver
    • July 28, 2005 at 1:42 AM

    I need a new gfx card, and Im willing to spend around

    ~1200,- danish kroners

    aka

    ~190,- €

    aka

    ~200,- USD

    any suggestions ??

    my specs

    Intel

    pentium 4

    2,54 Ghz

    512 MB Ram

    Microsoft XP pro

    service pack 2

    gforce 4 ti4800SE (I know its crap, and thats why its getting replaced)

    I dont care if its a gforce or a ati

    so what ya think ?

  • stupid popup

    • silver
    • July 26, 2005 at 12:06 AM

    I open css and it runs perfect. No popups or anything. then I join a game, and it downloads perfectly. When I get to the mapdescription part where you have to press "ok" to continiue it starts to lag a bit (think its because the game has to load everything) But then when I get to the teampicking part, I keep getting this stupid popup adverticing thingy that minimizes css and brings me back to the desktop. Now I can either close the popup or just return to the game again. The problem is that during that time were both the game loads and the popup gets activated my ping freaks out, and Im generally kicked out of most of the games I join. this means it takes forever to join a game, and most of the times I get kicked by the server for highpinging.

    My question is how to stop those popups. I think Ive tried almost everything.

    Addaware

    spypot

    popupkiller

    microsoft antispyware

    and some other random antispyware programs

    But I still keep getting that annoying popup... any suggestions on how to remove it ?? I even tried rebooting my computer... still doesnt work

    This is a list of runnnig programs

    taskmgr.exe

    firefox.exe

    openconvo.exe

    alg.exe

    SymWSC.exe

    cidaemon.exe

    snmp.exe

    msmsgs.exe

    savscan.exe

    nvsv32.exe

    ccevtmgr.exe

    ccsetmgr.exe

    iexplore.exe

    gcasdtserv.exe

    wbload.exe

    navapsvc.exe

    iexplore.exe

    svchost.exe

    svchost.exe

    svchost.exe

    msnmsgr.exe

    cursorxp.exe

    svchost.exe

    svchost.exe

    mixer.exe

    realsched.exe

    cisvc.exe

    servces.exe

    winlogon.exe

    csrss.exe

    msgplus.exe

    ccaop.exe

    smss.exe

    explore.exe

    spoolsv.exe

    steam.exe

    svchost.exe

    lvcomsx.exe

    Hmm do you think msnplus can have anything to do with it. I still get the popup even though I have closed msn

  • some might have seen this before

    • silver
    • July 19, 2005 at 10:21 PM

    he is to fat to be a human

  • some might have seen this before

    • silver
    • July 16, 2005 at 5:35 PM

    http://koti.mbnet.fi/cijk/cooterlol.jpg

  • WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

    • silver
    • July 15, 2005 at 3:21 PM

    frigging scary shit

  • Freak explosions in London

    • silver
    • July 8, 2005 at 1:38 PM
    Quote from Backslider

    Kosmo, you are an ignorant, illogical, asshat who lacks common sense and starves for attention. Maybe you should go ahead and read the def. of terrorist (which was posted here a short time ago.)

    I second that

  • Freak explosions in London

    • silver
    • July 7, 2005 at 11:00 PM

    FUCKING DISGUTING !!!!!!!!!!

  • War of the Worlds....

    • silver
    • July 6, 2005 at 9:23 PM
    Quote from Jezpuh

    RD likes xXx and The Day After Tomorrow.

    RD sucks

  • Art. Or crap.

    • silver
    • July 5, 2005 at 8:56 PM

    narh, I would have loved to se them without that photoshopping stuff....

  • War of the Worlds....

    • silver
    • July 5, 2005 at 8:54 PM

    Mazy, did you read the critism from "berlinske tidende - kultur sektionen" when they reviewed the film

    IIRC it got rather bad critism (3 out of 5 stars)

  • The Best Song Ever Thread~

    • silver
    • July 5, 2005 at 8:52 PM

    You cant be not emotional when you see pink floyd playing wish you were here at the live8 show

  • Bad Grammar and spelling

    • silver
    • July 4, 2005 at 1:52 PM

    where the fuck did you get that keyboard ?? or is it customary in finland to have such retarded keyboards ?

  • Pink Floyd

    • silver
    • July 3, 2005 at 10:07 AM

    why backwards ??

    I have the wall on LP and "Darkside of the moon" Original LP also (just aint mine, its my dads)

  • Pink Floyd

    • silver
    • July 2, 2005 at 11:46 PM

    beautifull, just beautifull...!! Roger Waters has lost some of his voice, but it was still AMAZING !!!

    they started with breath (reprise) then Money followed by Wish you were here... they ended with Comfortably numb..... I dont know which of them was the best, I only know it was absolutly unbelievable ..!!!!

  • Bad Grammar and spelling

    • silver
    • July 2, 2005 at 4:27 PM

    Its my experience that many girls with english as their frist language often type like example FrieChamp posted

  • Bad Grammar and spelling

    • silver
    • July 2, 2005 at 9:46 AM

    Let's have an other open discussion here. The central question is:

    Bad spelling and grammar: why is it so common amongst youths?

    Seriously, I am sometimes wondering why some people write as bad english as they do. And I don't mean the people from where english isn't the first language or the rare dyslectic case: some people seem to be really putting effort into not writing proper sentences.

    Is it due to lack or knowledge of a different level of education? Is it just being lazy or is it 'cool' to do so? Do people do this intentional or do they just not care that they write bad english. Better yet: is it common amongst youths? (I do get the impression it is, but it's not based on absolute numbers; just on what I read)

    This is not a thread to dis people who write bad english; I am just curious to find out the reason and/or motivation behind it. I've always be frank in the fact I think the (abundant) usage of bad grammar and/or spelling reflects poorly of the writer but for now I will try and put that aside and let my curiosity take the upperhand in this discussion-to-be.

    Fire away and remember to remain respectful

  • cs_logistic_assault_rc2

    • silver
    • July 1, 2005 at 4:08 PM

    else it wouldnt be cs_assault_source, but rather something like cs_wannabe_assault_v2005k4

  • War of the Worlds....

    • silver
    • June 30, 2005 at 7:40 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    this would be the best movie ever

    bruce willis

    chaingun

    rocket launcher

    aliens

    godzilla

    Display More

    and a donut

  • War of the Worlds....

    • silver
    • June 30, 2005 at 4:19 PM

    well besides that

  • War of the Worlds....

    • silver
    • June 30, 2005 at 9:57 AM

    how does it end ?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™