1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Phobos

Posts by Phobos

  • [UT2k4] dm_Baroque_BETA

    • Phobos
    • July 27, 2006 at 12:53 AM

    OMFG an unreal map!

    Looks hot dude. I think some contrasting lighthing will really bring this scene to life.

    Keep the screens coming

  • MLB.com Shuffle

    • Phobos
    • July 25, 2006 at 8:04 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    That's cool zappy!@ Tarky: I thought you worked at McDonald's

    How else are you going to capture the hamburglar?

  • Something really intriguing! Any thoughts ?

    • Phobos
    • July 25, 2006 at 6:16 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    THE KID IS OBSESSED! Uuuh...BURN IT!!

    Don't you mean possesed?

    Thats kind of creepy mino, I don't know what to make of it. Personally I think that bear on the shirt has something to do with it.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Phobos
    • July 19, 2006 at 1:48 AM

    very sexy peri.

    Do you use maya or max?

    I use maya are work, I have the option to use max, and I'm really trying to get a fast and effective highpoly environment work flow going. In max there are a lot of tools that help, but maya is a little lacking in that area. Wheres my chamfer

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Phobos
    • July 14, 2006 at 1:04 AM

    http://%7boption%7d

    I really hope we see something soon.

  • got a job

    • Phobos
    • June 19, 2006 at 5:39 PM

    Congrats

    Sounds like a great gig.

  • Evening shots

    • Phobos
    • June 9, 2006 at 1:58 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://koti.mbnet.fi/grin/kuvat/valokuvat/tiensivu.jpg]

    hawt

  • Baby + wife's new car!

    • Phobos
    • May 8, 2006 at 9:35 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    [Blocked Image: http://www.button-masher.net/gallery/baby3/IMG_0299.jpg]

    Is he slapping is ass...

  • [UT2k4]CTF-Botanical

    • Phobos
    • February 26, 2006 at 8:55 AM

    Thanks for the comments guys.

    I wasn't able to fix much of it. I've got another map in teh works aswell that needs to be finished this week. However I did take into consideration the details throughout the map and a few lighting tweaks.

  • [UT2k4]CTF-Botanical

    • Phobos
    • February 22, 2006 at 10:47 AM

    Hey, This is a map I've been working on on and off for a little while. I'm finalzing it for my demo reel and would love some input from you guys. The title is a wip. I've used a little of my own content with a lot of content from unreal. I will hopefully be changing a few pieces into my own later on if I have the time.

    [Blocked Image: http://nickchristiani.com/Images/levels/Botanical01.jpg][Blocked Image: http://nickchristiani.com/Images/levels/Botanical02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nickchristiani.com/Images/levels/Botanical03.jpg][Blocked Image: http://nickchristiani.com/Images/levels/Botanical04.jpg]

    Download: http://%7boption%7d

    Thanks,

  • !!!! BABY ALARM !!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO KUNGFUSQUIRREL

    • Phobos
    • December 19, 2005 at 5:44 AM

    Congratultions man. Its a beautiful baby.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Phobos
    • September 29, 2005 at 6:24 AM

    I whiped up this texture quickly tonight to start trying some ideas down for the style I want to use for a dm level I'm making.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.filefarmer.com/Phobos/images/ThemeTest.jpg]

    Ignore the unequal sides. I was sloppy

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • September 14, 2005 at 5:14 PM

    The Fortress Forever maps are some of the best among the community I think.

    Keep em coming

  • Cliff textures. (DL and screens (alot))

    • Phobos
    • August 17, 2005 at 8:10 AM

    Thats what I call hot texture lovin.

    Ferrets got the idea. Those would look great in some maps

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • August 13, 2005 at 10:23 PM

    Thanks for the comments.

    Ya, I wanted to work in vegation any way I could with this map. But with my time constraint I don't know exactly what I'll be able to fit in. The jungle idea is great. I'll have to look around the static packages and see what I can find. If I get the rest done this weekend I'll have the begining of the week to make some statics for it hopefully. I have till wednesday to finish it. hehe

    One idea I was toying with was using vertex blending on the cliffs at the top to work on some greener textures but I couldn't quite get it to work. I'll revisit before the end of the weekend and see what I can do. Does anyone have any tips or tutorials for vertex blending? I was using the udn article but I have a suspision that I missed something or mis-inturpreted part of it.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • August 12, 2005 at 6:46 AM

    My mid-term level for class I've been working on. I had only been given roughly 3 weeks to work on it, on top of other school work..

    [Blocked Image: http://www.filefarmer.com/Phobos/images/crazy3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.filefarmer.com/Phobos/images/crazy4.jpg]

    Its a CTF map, theres a section behind i still need to make. So much I'd like to do but so little time

  • Sunny day in Vancouver.

    • Phobos
    • July 4, 2005 at 12:32 AM

    I took these a coulple weeks ago on really nice day. A couple of them came out rather well so I thought I'd share them.

    [Blocked Image: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1482/rustypaintcansmall5td.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6884/broadwalksmall2xw.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1961/buildingpolestrackssmall9vu.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7491/housessmall6ne.th.jpg]

    Tell me what you think.

    Also any photography tips are greatly appreciated.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • June 10, 2005 at 9:45 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    'sup Phobos

    Quote

    Hey Phobos SmileLooks pretty cool, Ferr.

    Hey guys

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • June 10, 2005 at 5:31 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    Hammer: Pros:

    Easy BSP Manipulation/VertexManip

    Texture Application Tools

    Cons:

    Reliance on BSP Brushes

    Inability to add custom Materials

    So User Friendly, I find you lose the ability to do advanced thigns

    UnrealEd:

    Pros:

    Two clicks to Add Static Meshes

    Two Clicks to add Textures

    Easy Shader Creation, In Editor, Real Time Preview

    Real Time Lighting

    Awesome Terrain Tools

    Easy Access to Occlution and Area Portals

    Cons:

    BSP Brushes are NOT as easy to work with as in Hammer

    Texturing is a Pain in the Ass for me in this program, as I'm used to Hammer

    I dislike the lighting, but thats slightly more the engine. I have also not worked with it long enough to make a good judgement on it.

    Display More

    I found bsp brushes in UED to be just as easy, if not easier sometimes to work with. Additive and Subtractive brushes are great for getting areas down quick and clean. The flexability might not be there but the engine focus isn't on brush based maps its very model heavy.

    It took time to get used to UED brush work but once you feel your way around it I think they're equally as easy to use.

  • {WIP} DM_Caves

    • Phobos
    • June 6, 2005 at 6:24 PM

    Good start. Theres lots of work ahead.

    1. The textures look like they could be muddy due to graphics settings or just jpeg compression. Texture variety all around would give even a simple scene like this a little more depth.

    2. The lighting is a little harsh. Although light does cast long dark shadows, it hard for a player to actually play a map with such extremes. Soften up the areas abit with low ambient lighting so you can see whats going on in those areas but still maintain the shadows.

    Displacements look very nice though. It must taken a bit of time to achieve that effect. Nicely done.

    Keep them coming.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™