1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Guess the map!

    • Erratic
    • August 14, 2005 at 6:39 AM

    calipso?

  • Quake IV MP videos

    • Erratic
    • August 12, 2005 at 3:58 AM

    The look of the weapons is nice. I can almost hear the "Whoosh" sound from the weapons changing. They whip in and out of the screen just like Q3.

  • dm_torrent [FINISHED]

    • Erratic
    • August 10, 2005 at 3:51 AM

    Just uploaded the final. Hopefully there's nothing hugely wrong with it that would require any significant changes. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

    Main page has the

    Download

  • Project Offset...

    • Erratic
    • August 9, 2005 at 3:11 AM

    There's no editor as far as I can see in that video, just what I guess would be some sort of developer mode being ran to display the particle/motion blur affects more clearly.

  • Project Offset...

    • Erratic
    • August 9, 2005 at 3:03 AM

    The main website clearly states they're using the Offset Engine, devloped in-house by the team.

    Not sure what would make anybody think a three man team could afford UE 3.0 to begin with.

  • Project Offset...

    • Erratic
    • August 8, 2005 at 11:17 PM

    Developed by a three man team, too. These guys also put out Savage, a sort of Battlefield/Fantasy game, for lack of a better description.

  • dm_torrent [FINISHED]

    • Erratic
    • August 8, 2005 at 3:46 AM

    Yeah, ladders shouldn't be a problem. I don't really have too much trouble with them, but I've become accustomed to pressing the the 'use' key to cling on to them. But your point still stands. Plus, some of the them just plain didn't have dismount nodes around the tops and bottoms. I was aware of this too...

    Doing a pass right now for possible snag-annoyances. And as for the signs, they reorient themselves after closing the .vmf. Besides, at a quick glance they look like they're in another language anyway, right? Not sure exactly what causes this. I could opt for decals but they tend to piss me off, lacking the flexibility overlay's have.

    Just a note, all the posters, except for maybe one Atlantic poster inside, are facing incorrect directions. But I just havn't payed much attention to them after I couldn't find a quick fix.

    [EDIT] Also, there arn't any sounds in the map. I've added some since however.

  • dm_torrent [FINISHED]

    • Erratic
    • August 8, 2005 at 2:36 AM

    I was hoping I could get away with leaving the sky/fog discrepancy . It's actually worse when you're further back at the right angle, that shot there is almost tolerable (imo). But yeah, I'll look into adding skybox fog to clean up the difference in color.

    I have added/changed the color of some areas. However, it's mostly just been adding more green areas, opposed to the (I think) two I had in the available build. It's just kinda hard finding the right color without throwing off the pallet.

    Also I've increased the lightmap scale on a few of the corners that looked a little bleh. But for the last couple nights I've basically just been cleaning up stuff up with glview, trying to salvage what performance I can.

    I know how annoying it is, at least on my end, to have multiple versions of a map floating around. Maybe it's just a personal preference, but I'd rather not have too many, so my next full compile I'm going to try and wrap this sucker up.

    Here's a shot from one of the updated areas. I know, it's not an incredibly noticable change.

    By the way, thanks for the comments everyone.

    This is a shot of what was simply a narrow hallway, I've widened it a bit and added a nifty gate. You can see what I mean about the green not being all that different, but I'll see what I can mess around with to make it (and the other areas) more distinct.

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0001.jpg]

    I like the boarded up window idea...

  • F.E.A.R. SP Demo

    • Erratic
    • August 6, 2005 at 10:32 PM

    I liked the horror elements. Not sure about the core gameplay. Might just be me, but slow motion just isn't all that fun, at least in an FPS. I found the combat more enjoyable when you're just playing it regularly...

  • F.E.A.R. SP Demo

    • Erratic
    • August 5, 2005 at 8:14 PM

    The minute I saw the post on Bluesnews I was reminded that I was planning a format today. As soon as that's finished I'm going to grab it.

    What can't you love about a game that uses the innovative P.E.R.I.O.D. between every letter in the title, title?

  • [DM_RustStairs]

    • Erratic
    • August 5, 2005 at 1:40 AM

    Very cool stuff, especially your interiors (albeit, a bit messy).

    The cave portion is cool too. I like the wet look.

  • dm_torrent [FINISHED]

    • Erratic
    • August 2, 2005 at 6:56 AM

    *UPDATE* - 08/09/05

    I think it's done...

    Thanks for the feedback. I've taken most of it into account and altered what I could from the beta. Hope you find most of it has been improved.

    DOWNLOAD

    *UPDATE* - 08/03/05

    By the way, here are a few photo references I used as a starting point for the map. I thought they were pretty cool. Not sure how popular these are exactly, you might already know about them...

    Dubtown

    Abandoned

    Screens

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0062.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0057.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0059.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0073.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0076.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0072.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0008.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0002.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • August 1, 2005 at 1:06 AM

    If you're going for the moody theme try and stray from the typical overhead lighting placement. Put lights wherever they look interesting.

  • de_projects (cs1.6)

    • Erratic
    • July 26, 2005 at 2:15 AM

    EDIT: Should read forums first, then post. :roll:

  • Best Soundtrack Ever?!

    • Erratic
    • July 23, 2005 at 5:56 AM

    Cliff Martinez is interesting. He's scored a good deal of Soderbergh's films. Solaris in particular.

  • NAMCO is making COUNTER-STRIKE: NEO

    • Erratic
    • July 22, 2005 at 10:01 PM

    It's the arcade version of Counter-Strike right? I believe I heard something about this awhile ago. There wasn't much coverage on it, but I'm pretty sure there was a piece of info released around HL2's release about an arcade version of either HL2 itself, or CS.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • July 21, 2005 at 7:30 AM

    I like the ceiling, how the only things visible are few little random panel lights. You'll probably change that though. Looks neat anyway.

  • Google Earth - Mapcore Members

    • Erratic
    • July 20, 2005 at 1:10 AM

    Erratic

    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • July 11, 2005 at 7:41 AM

    Reminds me. Must get back to D3 Radiant. I'm almost used to the lack of in-editor rendering (again) since HL2 was released. Only thing I find with that luxury is that I become even more meticulous...

    Looks cool by the way.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • July 7, 2005 at 2:19 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    In the first shot, it would be much more powerful for instance if you had buildings of multiple heights. Inaccessible areas of maps are often the majority of the screen, so make sure they get as much detail as the minority of the screen or your overall atmosphere will lack.

    I'll definately toy with it. Just have to decide where to place a second level that would lend itself visually to different angles. Thanks.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™