1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • map project...

    • Erratic
    • January 23, 2006 at 9:18 PM
    Quote from Nz-Nexus

    lol lmao it looks the same as it did in 1.6, did you think that if you bring the old look back it will make the people like it?nah, look at valve and what they did, they ruined every single map that was official now we have to play source on. I know, temper temper my friend, but this is not a decompile and a flip of bases from the original isn't it? Every parameter and corner and area looks exactly the same, i blame on rip off.

    gj anyway, but this looks kinda hl1 oldschool.

    I was just fooling around . I had no intention of remaking vertigo. It only took about 20 minutes anyway.

  • map project...

    • Erratic
    • January 23, 2006 at 1:32 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    honestly that looks like HL1 with new lighting. YOu could emphasize SO MUCH STUFF on that level with some custom work. Pimp it out erratic, i know you can

    I really only through it together this aftertoon after I saw this thread and decided to fool around with some of the remake ideas. Vertigo, having textures similar to those available with Source content, was an obvious choice, so I went ahead with it.

    But now you've got me thinking. It could actually be really fun to undertake. Too bad there's always the chance that Valve could unsuspectedly come along and thorw up a screenshot in a Steam update featuring a reimagining of Vertigo.

  • Its Kickball Time!!

    • Erratic
    • January 22, 2006 at 10:26 PM

    It's just a weather balloon people, not much else to see there.

  • map project...

    • Erratic
    • January 22, 2006 at 9:06 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/de_dizzy0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/de_dizzy0001.jpg]

    Was bored. . .

    I'm gonna leave it to Valve for the old stuff

  • What is your favourite pc game?

    • Erratic
    • January 19, 2006 at 8:15 PM

    Deus Ex

  • Single-player, singleplayer or single player?

    • Erratic
    • January 18, 2006 at 8:56 PM

    It should be Singleplayer, one word, and integrated into the lexicon. Just like truthiness.

  • Lightwave.

    • Erratic
    • January 18, 2006 at 7:24 PM

    I use it. It was a little harder to get into compared to Maya and XSI (I find 3DS Max even stranger than LW though). So that's why I bought Inside Lightwave [8] by Dan Ablan. It does a pretty good run through of the entire program, however it doesn't get into specifics on the more broad topics. But, it still got me into the flow of using the program.

    Unfortunately, I don't really have anything much worth showing other than some dinky little un-textured models I ended up making during the learning process. I havn't really gone back to make use of everything that I learned with the book, and probably even forgot a few things.

    I remember the texturing stuff not being very apparent at first too. But again, the farthest I got was UVing a cube I think.

  • vtex error

    • Erratic
    • January 7, 2006 at 1:31 AM

    http://%7boption%7d

    Scroll down a bit, there's an app called VTF Tool. I found it's easier than using the bare-bones SDK files.

    Hope this helps.

  • Wha'd ya Gets :)

    • Erratic
    • December 27, 2005 at 9:46 PM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    Collected Short Stories of Philip K. Dick book

    I wants.

  • Mapcore Mappack (i.e. Mapkorpak)

    • Erratic
    • December 27, 2005 at 4:50 PM

    Sounds cool. I'd have a go at it.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • December 25, 2005 at 2:09 AM

    A little Quake 4 DM level I've been toying with the last couple days.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/eraq4dm1shot1.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • December 24, 2005 at 7:20 PM

    The archways are cool but I'd use them more sparingly. You start to get alot of repition when they're all lined up in that second pic.

  • Post Your Pet

    • Erratic
    • December 23, 2005 at 3:11 PM

    My cat Paws. She's pushing 10 or so now.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/paws1.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • December 22, 2005 at 6:19 PM

    That's really cool. Sort of fits a Team Fortress theme. It'd be interesting to see where it goes if you continue with it.

  • King Kong

    • Erratic
    • December 21, 2005 at 12:28 AM
    Quote from Izuno

    After seeing Kong, Harry Potter and Syriana, I need some nice romantic comedy or non-action / non-political oriented drama to take my girlfriend to. Suggestions?

    Match Point is out on the 28th. Though I don't think it's too wide a release.

  • King Kong

    • Erratic
    • December 18, 2005 at 10:30 PM

    I thought it was pretty amazing. Once they reach the island it's just one ridiculously good scene after another. Especially the scenes between Ann and Kong which could have been over done or awkward but they worked really well.

    I wasn't at all bothered by the length either. I guess some stuff could have been trimmed but when a giant gorilla is battleing three T-Rex's while suspended over a chasm by vines I'm not exactly checking my watch.

  • Mapcore official 'members'?

    • Erratic
    • December 10, 2005 at 7:16 AM

    Everyone likes a caste system.

  • Some advice from the Goth

    • Erratic
    • December 6, 2005 at 3:39 AM
    Quote from insta

    Ouch :EWhen I was a kid, I lost a nail because my hand got trapped in a car door. I developed an intense hatred of car doors from that day on.

    Same, except mine was the sliding door on a Van.

  • XMEN 3 TRAILER ACTUALLY GOOD

    • Erratic
    • December 6, 2005 at 3:35 AM

    This is looking cool...The apocalyptic-esque scenes especially. Had little hope after X2. And who can argue against Frasier as Beast?

  • Some winter impressions from Canada

    • Erratic
    • November 28, 2005 at 2:32 AM

    Nice. I really like the colors in the last shot.

    I had the urge to go out and do the same but I need a new camera.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™