1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Video of Valve's Portal

    • Erratic
    • July 18, 2006 at 8:36 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    but let's face it — it looks fun.

    Yeah, my first reaction was "what a fucking rip-off" but they're certainly expanding on the idea considerably.

    So, is this just a new technology they're going to impliment into source through other games, probably EP2, or is it going to be a standalone product?

  • You Are Empty

    • Erratic
    • July 15, 2006 at 8:07 PM

    I've been keeping a sort of watchful eye on it for sometime. Always looked pretty cool but I recall something about publisher issues in the past so hopes for it ever being released weren't very high for me. Good to see it's still coming along though.

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Erratic
    • July 14, 2006 at 11:38 PM

    I'm caught between my original expectations for TF2 when it was announced all those years ago and that image, which looks to be a cool throwback to the TFC style.

  • DODS_Zutzendorf (name will change)

    • Erratic
    • July 12, 2006 at 2:41 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    I don't really dig the lit up street lights in the middle of the day, noticeably during the WWII era. Maybe you want to check that out. I think it attracts the eye too much, and an unlit version would add to the atmosphere

    Well, it's common to see street lights on during the day, often in the early mornings or before nightfall, as it depends on when the timers are set and they arn't always tuned to the season. At least these days, not sure how they put these things on 60 years ago. Either way, I still think it adds to the atmosphere more, whether or not it's realistic.

    And plus, by the lighting/sky in the map, it's really up to anyones imagination as to what time of day it is.

  • DODS_Zutzendorf (name will change)

    • Erratic
    • July 12, 2006 at 4:52 AM

    Like the lighting immensely. Agree with what everyone above said. Should be cool to see how you extend the beach area out. Good stuff.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • July 9, 2006 at 4:08 PM

    Good going Blue. Love the mountain peak in the second pic.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Erratic
    • July 8, 2006 at 4:07 AM

    So, when did clothing go out of fashion? Must've missed the fax.

  • Quake 2 mappers get your hiking gear! (PIX ON PAGE 2!)

    • Erratic
    • July 6, 2006 at 4:32 AM

    I can't believe I missed this thread. This is such a cool idea. Any chance of helping out at this point? Mapping old-school would be fun as hell.

  • July Low Poly Modelling Challenge:

    • Erratic
    • July 5, 2006 at 10:27 PM

    Kinda plain. Might do another one.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/core_craft.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • June 29, 2006 at 3:54 AM

    Recreate the dip in the road, would make it a bit more interesting.

  • de_vegas - Cadaver

    • Erratic
    • June 5, 2006 at 10:41 PM

    Science & Industry rocked

  • Mapcore Book Club

    • Erratic
    • June 5, 2006 at 8:32 AM
    Quote from Polaris

    omg, I miss those...

    I mean er, those were so childish, same thing with those eye spy books

    It was funny how in grade school those were the only books kids would take out. And teachers never really bothered caring...

  • Mapcore Book Club

    • Erratic
    • June 5, 2006 at 5:46 AM
    Quote from Polaris

    Aparently people who map also read books

    There should be a Mapcore reading list for the uninitiated, as a sort of primer on the subtle innerworkings of the community.

    Although it would probably just consist of Wheres Waldo books...

  • Interview with Scott Miller (3D Realms)

    • Erratic
    • May 14, 2006 at 12:37 AM

    I really would have guessed alot more than just a few million. Pretty surprising.

  • Maya, Max or XSI ???

    • Erratic
    • May 11, 2006 at 12:54 AM
    Quote from cdxx

    what is a dxf file? I'm not familiar with it.

    a CAD program file format I believe? Hammer outputs to it as well.

  • Halo 3...

    • Erratic
    • May 10, 2006 at 4:44 AM
    Quote from mabufo

    A hard difficulty level doesn't make a game good. So I think there is a flaw in your logic.

    Well, if at a higher difficulty level the AI reacts differently and is self perserving and challenges you even further then...Yes, it does improve a game. It's just that generally games opt for simply increasing hit points/accuracy on enemies.

  • Halo 3...

    • Erratic
    • May 10, 2006 at 3:47 AM
    Quote from ReNo

    Not sure if I prefer the Halo 1 or Halo 2 system though, given they had slight differences.

    I think they might've tightened the system up a *bit* too much in 2. The health fallback was fine I thought.

  • Halo 3...

    • Erratic
    • May 10, 2006 at 1:58 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    Saw the trailer....totally awesome!Best trailer I've seen so far this year, but I didnt get to see much of Microsofts conference so hmmh ~

    It was a nicely put together little package, although a bit underwhelming when compared to Halo 2's debut at E3. Then again, H2 was a little further along I suppose...

    Quote from mabufo

    Halo/2 are the two most overrated games I've ever played.

    Halo isn't I don't think. If you ever go through the game on Legendary alone or with a buddy I think you'd find yourself in a hard position argueing it isn't a great game. Halo 2 maybe didn't quite surpass it, but it was still good, with a great online portion.

  • Halo 3...

    • Erratic
    • May 9, 2006 at 6:40 PM

    I think it was already officialy revealed that Halo 3 would be at E3 in some form.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Erratic
    • May 7, 2006 at 9:31 PM

    This is pretty much my first attempt at a useable texture. Took about an hour or so but it's still a bit sloppy, sort of a rush job. It was basically just to see if I could make a tileable texture.

    Here's the base that I found from this site:

    http://%7boption%7d

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/brick_base.jpg]

    And here's the final texture:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/era_brick_wip3.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™