1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Family Guy

    • Erratic
    • June 15, 2007 at 12:14 AM

    Havn't payed much attention since it first ended. Was good before that though. Mostly.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • June 14, 2007 at 3:39 PM
    Quote from dux

    You've taken up the designated role of "Someone has to say it, so it will be me"

    I think I know what a Rick is onto. There's a difference between integrating content into a scene and just placing it there. Using someone else's assets in a clever way that adds to the scene signicantly can be just as much an accomplishment as laying out a good design or fitting certain textures together that compliment each other.

    It's a valid criticism. And it's pretty clear that some of the models in the scene were simply placed there for screen shot purposes.

    It's cool nonetheless.

    <3 fmp

  • Hammer: lighting preview after EP2

    • Erratic
    • June 14, 2007 at 3:26 PM

    This is worth shedding a tear of joy.

  • You Are Empty, released on GamersGate!

    • Erratic
    • June 14, 2007 at 12:18 AM

    I've sort of kept an eye on its development (meaning looking at screens) and I can't see how it would be similar to Painkiller at all. It's more like Stalker/Half-Life 2 if I had to compare it to anything.

    Interested to hear what you guys have to say when you play it.

  • Now playing

    • Erratic
    • June 12, 2007 at 2:29 AM

    God of War II (Titan mode)

    Crawling out of hades is stupid

    Cory Barlog

  • Insurgency Trailer Release & Website Launch

    • Erratic
    • June 9, 2007 at 8:49 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    Are you actually going to release though right? All this hype - I would chuckle if it died xD

    Nah, that's really doubtful. Some seriously horrible circumstances would have to occur for it to die.

  • Insurgency Trailer Release & Website Launch

    • Erratic
    • June 8, 2007 at 9:14 PM

    The difference a ' can make :

  • Insurgency Trailer Release & Website Launch

    • Erratic
    • June 8, 2007 at 1:29 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    SO WHERE IS IT?

    June 07...not June 7th

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • June 7, 2007 at 1:15 PM

    I should check this thread more often.

    I like the scene rick, has a nice farcry feel to it, but as mino said, the displacement metal is pretty out of place. I like the grass in between the conc too, it's a nice touch. Only complaint would be the lighting, it's a little drab. But good stuff otherwise.

  • Games as Art

    • Erratic
    • June 2, 2007 at 1:42 AM

    Anything can be art if someone wants to declare it so, but it's really the value that people are arguing about and whether games have the capacity to hit that mark at some point, if they haven't already.

    I remember something Roger Ebert said, that because games are not controlled, linear experiences that they don't have the ability to reach that same level of recognition that a celebrated film, novel or piece of music can. Which I don't really believe, but it's pretty difficult to argue that Deus Ex is as valuable and important as Citizen Kane

  • Games as Art

    • Erratic
    • June 2, 2007 at 1:06 AM

    This seems to be a pretty common discussion these days and an important one in some peoples minds. Some are adamant it's purely an entertainment/education form with little or no artistic merit. Other's see no difference when compared to other mediums.

    Personally, I think most of the babbling comes down to games not being held up in the same light as movies than them holding any artistic value at all.

    Discuss.

  • Congrats to Dark... another Threewave'r

    • Erratic
    • May 31, 2007 at 7:24 PM

    Cool stuff, good luck.

  • Now playing

    • Erratic
    • May 30, 2007 at 12:57 AM

    Advent Rising

    Just bought it off Steam. It got pretty mixed reviews back when it was released but it's pretty good so far. The music is nice and the action is fun enough.

    Few problems here and there, however. So far I've encountered a respawning enemy bug and an odd glitch that allows me to manipulate the menu elements around the screen

  • Iraq scenery

    • Erratic
    • May 22, 2007 at 12:53 AM

    Maybe some really bright white lights in the balconies and windows would make the seen 'pop' out a bit more?

  • StarCraft 2

    • Erratic
    • May 21, 2007 at 8:32 PM

    Note sure if it's been posted, but I think this is the official trailer with all past clips in one 20 minute video with the dev commentary.

    http://%7boption%7d

    I love the Protoss units/buildings. Such a slick design to them.

    [edit]

    Doh, it's on the official site too, of course

    http://%7boption%7d

  • low poly contests

    • Erratic
    • May 21, 2007 at 8:20 PM

    The boats sounds like a cool idea.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Erratic
    • May 20, 2007 at 10:05 PM
    Quote from MrBaracuda

    Mhh maybe you can The bar at the bottom is rather large now, compared to the SC I bar.

    Yeah, noticed that as well. Looks like you can select around 36 units possibly.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Erratic
    • May 20, 2007 at 8:01 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    alright. but if it indeed is gameplay that drives the train, why even bother making a sequel? i mean, wasnt the gameplay in starcraft awesome enough? why should i pay for something that i have already..?

    Because it's never that cut and dry? They're probably just maintaining the core gameplay style of the original. Stop over simplifying.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Erratic
    • May 20, 2007 at 3:16 AM

    Looks like you can't get excited about games anymore until they're released

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Erratic
    • May 20, 2007 at 1:04 AM

    It's a bit early to talk about innovation isn't it? Unless I missed some update, they haven't revealed a whole lot yet. I'm expecting some feature announcement equivalent to the Warcraft 3 hero units, even if you didn't like them, I thought it really added to the game and changed the dynamic of the strategy.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™