1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Stockholm Halo launch event :???:

    • Erratic
    • September 17, 2007 at 6:29 PM

    Ok...

  • Stockholm Halo launch event :???:

    • Erratic
    • September 17, 2007 at 6:25 PM
    Quote from Zyndrome

    But, you haven't played it.

    Microsoft is advertising Halo 3 like the reincarnation of Jesus Christ, and I am getting really sick of it. I doubt it is as epic as they are trying to portray it.

    It's not really all that surprising though, is it? An advertising budget the size of Halo 3's probably isn't warranted for any game (or thing) but it's become more than just a game release and Microsoft knows that, partly because they created a lot of the hype surrounding it.

    I just want a fun game to play

  • Stockholm Halo launch event :???:

    • Erratic
    • September 17, 2007 at 4:58 PM
    Quote from Zyndrome

    Halo 3 is the most overrated game in human history ... so far.

    But, you haven't played it.

  • Modelling Software for Level Creation

    • Erratic
    • September 16, 2007 at 6:19 PM
    Quote from Psycho

    All games that use a 3D modelling app have some sort of external application to add entities as far as I'm aware.

    Lots of companies use modeling packages strictly for all level creation related stuff I think. I'm sure a few of the IOI guys around here will have a bit more info on that if I recall correctly.

  • Mario Level that plays itself

    • Erratic
    • September 14, 2007 at 12:07 AM

    Awesome.

    Reminds me of how long it's been since I've played that game. That stage clear music brings me back

  • Be a part of video game history!!!1~

    • Erratic
    • September 12, 2007 at 5:51 PM

    What's awesome about this though is that you don't need any experience whatsoever, so basically you can assign yourself any position!

    Dibs on Lead Funologist.

  • Be a part of video game history!!!1~

    • Erratic
    • September 12, 2007 at 4:54 PM
    Quote

    We are currently hiring for these departments: * Artists * Cinematics * Game Designers * Marketing * Online Technologies * Programming * Project Managers * Quality Assurance

    They aren't looking for level designers

  • Quake wars demo? monday?

    • Erratic
    • September 11, 2007 at 3:00 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/146/dinosmalldf8.gif]

  • Quake wars demo? monday?

    • Erratic
    • September 11, 2007 at 2:29 PM

    Played for a couple hours last night. It's a nice change of pace from BF2, it's a bit faster and a bit more gratifying with the experience system. And it runs pretty well on my two year old system so that's all the more reason to pick it up. Oh, and load times aren't a killer like in BF

  • September's Mini Contest - Go Kart

    • Erratic
    • September 10, 2007 at 3:16 AM

    ahhh, so little room for a character

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/23999ahhhh.jpg]

  • Quake wars demo? monday?

    • Erratic
    • September 9, 2007 at 9:40 PM

    I had some good fun with the bit I played of the beta, definitely interested in seeing what's been improved. Should be cool.

  • Top 25 selling videogames of all time

    • Erratic
    • September 9, 2007 at 5:36 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    Nintendogs was a launch title for the DS, wasn't it? Which has done stupidly well in Japan.But that list looks extremely wrong, where are the sports games? Why is this on a website about guns?

    Everyone knows Madden doesn't count anymore.

  • Top 25 selling videogames of all time

    • Erratic
    • September 9, 2007 at 5:20 PM
    Quote from ng.aniki

    What the hell... Really unbeleavable...

    1/That game suck as hell.

    2/It's a quite new game, for a new console...

    released in Japan on April 21, 2005, and was later released in North America and Singapore on August 22, 2005.

    In two years O_O... More than Super Mario Land on GameBoy in 18 years !

    Really strange.

    (I don't understand japanese ppl)

    Not that surprising when you consider the sales numbers of the DS. I've never played Nintendogs myself, but I can imagine it's high on that list for the same reasons Brainage is. And I wouldn't say it's just the Japanese buying it, as far as I know it sold pretty strong in NA/Europe as well.

  • Movies - Level Design Inspiration

    • Erratic
    • September 5, 2007 at 4:46 AM
    Quote from dux

    Cliche I know, but Alien 1, 2 and especially 3 are just superb for me in terms of ideas. I just look at them and get millions of ideas in seconds.

    If you're gonna say 3, may as well say 4.

    /going with the crowd

  • September's Mini Contest - Go Kart

    • Erratic
    • September 5, 2007 at 2:50 AM

  • September's Mini Contest - Go Kart

    • Erratic
    • September 5, 2007 at 2:31 AM

    Isn't one 256x256 texture a bit small for bother a character and the vehicle. Maybe two 256x256 maps, one for each?

  • yet another contest

    • Erratic
    • September 4, 2007 at 9:53 PM

    I'm so gonna try and enter this...

    and probably fail

  • The BioShock Thread! For people who have finished it yo

    • Erratic
    • September 4, 2007 at 1:52 AM

    I didn't mind the escort mission too much, though it could have been a lot better if they did more with 'the becoming the big daddy' angle. Obscuring your vision through a divers helmet wasn't enough

    Though, the ending with the little sisters jumping Fontaine makes up for the typical end boss design. I was hoping for something a bit more interesting, sort of like what they did with killing off Ryan but gameplay oriented. Just something outside of the typical end boss route

    Also, I was kind of confused as to what was going on with the submarine and the Tanenbaum voice over detailing how you're a selfish ass. Counting me out of the good ending for saving all but two of the sisters is a bit harsh.

    But all that aside, one of the best games I've played in some time.

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • September 2, 2007 at 5:05 AM

    The rear wheels look a bit too high poly in comparison to the rest of the frame.

  • Fake, or photo?

    • Erratic
    • August 30, 2007 at 11:04 PM
    Quote from seir
    Code
    Excellent, a superior performance--ten out of ten answers were correct.
    
    
    
    
    If you got a perfect score on the first try then you're a REAL genius. But, if it took a few tries, then we congratulate you on your perseverance for it shows the CG artists are keeping you guessing. Now check out the bonus round -- if you dare!

    Now the bonus round...edit:

    Code
    You got 4 out of 4 answers correct.
    
    
    
    
    You missed 1. You've come this far so why not try again and go for perfection. See if you can get four correct answers...

    :>

    Don't mean to brag, but...well...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™