1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • September 27, 2007 at 5:37 AM

    Didn't play a lot of Farcry MP but looks like a fun little map. Get some boats in there

  • De_Forest

    • Erratic
    • September 26, 2007 at 3:28 PM

    de_fall

  • Natural Selection 2

    • Erratic
    • September 26, 2007 at 3:05 PM

    The concept art retains the NS look really well.

    Never got into NS but it's hard to not be interested after that video and this new site.

  • Halo takes over the world

    • Erratic
    • September 25, 2007 at 8:36 PM
    Quote from e-freak

    Oh and erratic: How would you feel if you have survived D-Day or the Ardenen Offense or Operation Husky or the Iraq War and you have seen exactly this kind of violence on your real comrades? Saving Pvt Ryan for example shows it aswell but the attitude of the movie was to show that whose who fought in a war have made the world a better place and not microsoft selling a meh game more and more...

    I bet Universal and Paramount made nothing off Saving Private Ryan and Shindler's list either, right?

    I can see what you're saying but your issue really shouldn't be with a science fiction game series. It would seem more apt to be directed towards all the World War II games that get made and all the money that publishers make off of them.

  • [Half-Life 2] Model with Normal map and specular

    • Erratic
    • September 25, 2007 at 4:51 PM

    They're just specified in the .vmt if I recall correctly. Been a few months since I did this.

    There should be some info on the valve dev wiki here with the stuff you have to enter in. One tip though is you should store your spec map in the alpha channel of your normal map image file and use:

    "$normalmapalphaenvmapmask" 1

    for pointing the vmt to it. At least I think that's the common practice and the 'cleanest' way to store all this stuff. Or so I found, I could be wrong there.

  • Halo takes over the world

    • Erratic
    • September 25, 2007 at 4:33 PM

    I don't understand all the fuss being kicked up about them either. Something about a mocking/insensitivity towards veterans or something. As if a veterans experiences about a fictitious war in a fictitious gameworld is somehow innapropriate. It's not even done in a way that's really distasteful either. It's just fiction.

  • Halo 3 - No Spoilers Plz K Thnx

    • Erratic
    • September 25, 2007 at 2:40 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84162Hmmm

    Oh yeah, I'd been keeping up on that ever since the thread over at Neogaf starting getting bloated and unfortunately it seems to be true. I opened mine up at the store and the disc was out of its holder and scratched up. Did this about three times before I settled for the standard edition as I just wanted to get out of there.

    Sucks though, initially I didn't think it was going to be such a wide spread problem but it seems to pretty consistent with the limited edition.

  • Halo 3 - No Spoilers Plz K Thnx

    • Erratic
    • September 25, 2007 at 5:56 AM

    Good lord, I'm never doing that again. I was expecting maybe 15-30 people tops. 70+ is just silly. I think this gaming thing is catching on...

  • Halo 3 - No Spoilers Plz K Thnx

    • Erratic
    • September 25, 2007 at 1:12 AM
    Quote from Fletch

    Master Cheif Dies

    Ruiner! Don't be a ruiner

    Oh, I hope my disc isn't scratched to shit

  • Halo 3 - No Spoilers Plz K Thnx

    • Erratic
    • September 24, 2007 at 6:44 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    Yeah...I may actually be one of those geeks who gets to the store at midnight for a frakin' video game. Never done it before so might as well see what it's like.

    Me neither, but I've got nothing else to do on a Monday night anyway

  • ins_baghdad

    • Erratic
    • September 24, 2007 at 6:40 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Yeah this is definately the ultimate INS map. I still have some of the older source files and the improvements that stepp made to this map throughout these years are amazing. Congrats man <3

    Yeah, watching the map evolve over the past 2 years or so has been neat. I still remember when I first booted up INS back then and seeing it. It's come a long way but interestingly enough the basic layout hasn't changed all that much. More than I can say for my map

    Nice going on the spotlight (traitor).

  • go-kart model

    • Erratic
    • September 24, 2007 at 4:11 AM

    So cool, the monocle dude is my favorite, with the samurai coming in at a close second. Pun intended

  • Game reviews as predictor of sales.

    • Erratic
    • September 22, 2007 at 8:33 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    Anybody know how Ico fared in its rerun after the success of Shadow of the Colossus? Don't know how widespread that rerun was, but it certainly got significant shelf space again here in the UK. I'm doubt it was suddenly a top seller, but it would be interesting to see if it did better second time around.

    After playing shadow I immediately went looking for Ico and was pretty much shit out of luck. I ended up having to buy it off somebody second hand.

    Interesting though that they would resurrect a 4 year old title following Shadow's release, aside from some really major titles like the Halo's and stuff, I've never really noticed that.

  • TGS07 MGS4 Trailer

    • Erratic
    • September 20, 2007 at 4:58 PM

    The first 30 seconds are pretty interesting. Then it's a big 'wtf' from then on for me.

    Can Kojima just finally go make a movie and take his cut scenes with him

  • Seaman 2 TGS Trailer

    • Erratic
    • September 20, 2007 at 2:53 PM

    Games were lacking cave men with cell phones...Until now.

    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/20/seama ... tbreaking/

    MGS4, watch yourself.

  • Hammer model viewer crashing

    • Erratic
    • September 20, 2007 at 3:32 AM

    Hmm, sounds like it could be a cube map problem. Not sure exactly, don't really recall ever having that issue. Just make sure you have some cubemaps placed around and build them after a compile.

  • Hammer model viewer crashing

    • Erratic
    • September 19, 2007 at 11:43 PM

    I find the model browser in Hammer will crash sometimes if you use the gui browser. Try turning that off in Hammer's options and just use the standard windows browser and see if it stops.

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • Erratic
    • September 19, 2007 at 6:32 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    If anything then I think the Scout is overpowered. That shotgun is fucking nasty up close.

    I sorta felt this way too. Also, the Pyro could use a *slight* bit extra length on his flame thrower.

    Other than that, pretty much awesome. Really brings back the chaotic fun of TFC, just refined and tightened up a bit.

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • Erratic
    • September 18, 2007 at 7:17 PM
    Quote from ginger_lord

    From what I've read of peoples impressions it looks like when I get around to getting it I'm gonna have to pretend its not Team Fortress but some other cool MP game.Respawn timers in a TF game. What the fuck.

    Yeah, the first thing that hit me is the slower pace, haven't played it enough to say how it's impacted the game however.

  • Stockholm Halo launch event :???:

    • Erratic
    • September 17, 2007 at 10:56 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    The day it launches and gets 3 million sales (or thereabouts) in its first hour of release I’m going to be in a corner, with my mind in my happy place, blood running down my chin as I bite down on my tongue to stop the screaming. This may be somewhat hyperbolic.

    If WoW, Pokemon and The Sims are the best sellers this industry has, Halo can have its 3 million.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™