Devil May Cry 3 - Attempting to get into it again and I'm liking it a lot, and I know it's probably a staple of the series, but no checkpoints is really :ssj:
Posts by Erratic
-
-
Just give me Battlefield 1942 2 for the love of god

-
PC Games make up 14% of Total 2007 game sales
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50939
Sure, it's dominated by The Sims and World of Warcraft (of course) but that's not a terrible portion (or is it?) when you consider the Wii/360/PS3/PS2/DS/PSP
And it doesn't factor in digital distribution. Would be interesting to have a graph of this statistic across all generations. [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/eot_mapcore/smilie.gif]
-
-
Quote from ginger_lord
Wave Race 64
That's a good one. I remember cursing a lot on those ring challenges.
Ninja Gaiden - probably the most recent to induce those frustratingly difficult moments. Still a great game though.
God Hand - as well but to a lesser degree. It's a little more forgiving than Ninja Gaiden.
Call of Duty - pretty much this whole series. I really like these games but you go through so many highs and lows it's ridiculous. One minute you're doing something really bad ass and exciting and the next you're dying for no apparent reason over and over. Especially 4. The end of the Chernobyl mission by the ferris wheel with the dogs and mass of enemies. Kill me. I had to hide in one of those small booths to wait out the timer, occasionally shooting a dog that found me in between the infinite grenade spam from the AI. If it wasn't for such a good ending I would have been a lot more down on the SP campaign.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - the old NES game was just retarded. Played it constantly as a kid.
I find most western games to be push overs for the most part. Usually when they are frustrating it's just from bad design.
-
-
Second Life is a game?

-
Quote
":3rwgrrle]Totally agree, most of us that used Max or Maya in the beginning, and actually got a professional work with it, remember that you earn that knowledge with a pirated copy of the program! Because, yeah, a 30 day trial is not enough, and I hope nobody comes telling me there is Student licenses, even those are VERY expensive, at least for my pocket it was. And now that one is working with it, as a professional one has to buy a legal license! It's a cicle...
Autodesk is the leader of the 3D apps market because of the warez.
As well as Microsoft is for the SO market.
There's a big difference. Autodesk doesn't make their money from individual user purchases. They make it from bulk purchases by software companies and educational institutions. Games make their profit from the individual.
-
Quote from Algor
Huh? Sometimes the cameras in Mario Galaxy were outright terrible.
Anyone know of a site or somewhere that I can get the Silent Hill series for relatively cheap? :E
It seems to be a common complaint but I barely had a second thought about the camera throughout. I dunno, maybe I have a higher tolerance for that stuff.
-
He was off his rocker with the Galaxy review (bad camera? gtfo!) but I can agree with most of this one. :monocle:
-
Quote from Taylor
God Hand is an awesome game; it’s a shame most of the Clover staff jumped before it was finished, resulting in the bad presentation – it didn’t get nearly half as much love as it should’ve
It's really a bizzare game. At first everything felt really awkward with it essentially being RE4 with melee combat. The camera, the controls, the button prompts...but everything ends up clicking after just a short while. Kinda making me feel for Viewtiful Joe again.

-
Was cool keeping tabs on what people were playing in the old thread that kinda got neglected. Start anew!
Just beat:
Killzone
Assassins Creed
Playing now:
God Hand - half way through, such an insane game in every way. But good insane.
CoH Expansion
-
I think it's still holding up in the visual department. All the areas look appropriately detailed and lit. Not too much but not too little. Looks great.
Now show some AI's running around in these places :megaman:
-
Where's Oni damn it. At least put the games that are near impossible to find in stores on there

-
Team ICO
Sony better keep giving these guys money for as long as they make software. One of the few developers doing true innovation in my opinion.
-
That's one awesome bridge.
I love how all these hdr photos look more like concept art than a photograph. Saving some of these.

-
Quote from Sentura
i think second and third party games for the wii will be a major problem. so far, all the wii actually has is about 10 different mario titles, while not releasing anything new and unique. this might, in fact, be the biggest of the wii's problems. of course nintendo doesnt care, as milking the franchise will leave them funds enough still: when buying a console, the people that buy the wii dont usually buy any other games with it, leaving themselves to wii sports. after a few months or even a year later they buy maybe a few other games, get positively surprised and so keep on playing; despite only in reality having maximum 5 games at their disposal. this means nintendo aren't really pushed to making new titles other than new editions of the very traditional, and might i say, sell out franchises.
I don't know if Nintendo is really milking anything. And if they are, that's always been the case. They rarely ever introduce new franchises so I don't see that as being a surprise or even a problem with the Wii. Or maybe I just don't know the definition of 'milking it' cause I'm quite happy with playing what are consistently great games from Nintendo. Hardly sellout franchises.
Of course, Mario Party is another story
Quote from Senturawhile this doesnt hurt the casual gamer much, since they follow the cycle mentioned above, it does leave out the wii as a hardcore game machine. but then again, maybe this was what nintendo was aiming for -- i bet there's a pretty big market for this these days, especially considering that microsoft wen with having the 360 remade so that one could get it cheaper and get arcade games for it. i think nintendo is pleased with what the wii does for them for now; and while they have cemented its legacy for the casual gamer, it does bode ill for the people wanting a bit more than an arcade machine with the occasional SMG-esque game.
I think as far the Wii's hardcore appeal goes, it's not too far off from the PS3. Each console only has about 2 or 3 exclusives that are really worth putting the money down for and even then the Wii is probably the best option because of its price.
-
It has one of the few game stories worth following, in all its obscurity. I only played up to Part 2, but
5 can bring the magic back.External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
Silent Hill 2 was a good game.
:megaman:
-
Blasphemy.
The teaser is awesome. I'm pumped.