1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Anyone tried Haze

    • Erratic
    • June 14, 2008 at 10:22 PM

    From the demo, I thought it was a fairly competent shooter. The guns feel good, the hud/visor stuff is nicely done and shooting at guys is generally fun. I found the AI moved around quite a bit when I attempted to flake them, didn't seem as bad as I had read about.

    It does have some really low resolution textures throughout the environment, though. Also, some of the dialogue felt a little forced, but it's hard to judge the story stuff when you're dropped into the middle of the game.

    I find it a little difficult to believe it's a sub 5.0 game based on the demo.

  • XBOX Live Gamertags / PSN User IDs

    • Erratic
    • June 13, 2008 at 2:44 AM

    PSN: ThisIsErratic

  • GTA IV now... gamers review

    • Erratic
    • June 11, 2008 at 11:10 PM
    Quote from Ascard

    I think, in the end, after having spent 40+ hours with it, the story is its biggest flaw. *runs for the hills*

    That said, I still think it deserves the 10's; if of course we're considering a 10 as simply the best of its kind and not 'perfect'.

    Wow the best of its kind is so unfair cause the other simmilar games are always considered as GTA wannabes and not given the light they may deserve...

    UT3 was rated everywhere as very good but just more of the same, I was annoyed GTA didn't get the same reception

    Review scores suck, but it seems the only fair way to generate them.

    Come to think of it, reviews suck in general.

  • Metal Gear Solid 4

    • Erratic
    • June 10, 2008 at 11:41 PM
    Quote from dux

    Where's his finger?

    Quote

    Spoilers

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Erratic
    • June 9, 2008 at 10:49 PM

    I will buy this.

  • First Duke Nukem Forever footage!!!

    • Erratic
    • June 9, 2008 at 12:41 AM
    Quote from Furyo

    Looks are nothing special from the very low res glimpse we could see right there, and they better have some very genre defining moments and weapons if they're going to stand the trials of critics and gamers. Anything else but a FPS genre killer, both SP and MP will be seen as dismissable if not a pure joke.

    If I can kick down doors and save babes by executing them I'll be happy.

  • Battlefield: Bad Company Demo

    • Erratic
    • June 8, 2008 at 7:49 PM
    Quote from dux

    Game is only on consoles? Fail.

  • Fallout 3

    • Erratic
    • June 8, 2008 at 8:15 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/4574hodog.jpg]

  • Battlefield: Bad Company Demo

    • Erratic
    • June 7, 2008 at 5:31 PM
    Quote from Chunks

    Wait, where can I get this demo?

    Xbox Live/Playstation Network

    Quote from Mazy

    Also the control scheme inside vehicles just messed with my head. I want acc. on the right trigger, deacc. on the left. Having acc on the left and deacc on the left button and the shooting on the right trigger just made me crash all the time, felt totally unintuitive.

    Yeah, it threw me off as well, and why they didn't at least offer another control scheme for the standard right gas/left break is weird but I kinda got used to it. Though in the tank it kinda works out, since they use the trigger for fire. I understand it for consistency across the vehicles but they should offer an alternative.

  • Battlefield: Bad Company Demo

    • Erratic
    • June 7, 2008 at 5:42 AM

    I know the beta has been around for awhile now and it's been getting mixed reactions but I love it. I had pretty much written it off back when it was announced as console only (console BF lol rite?) but I'm definitely going to pick it up now. I like most everything about it. The sounds in particular are really impressive, they all sort of carry through the environment and the bullet ricochets and explosions are all great, too. The screen bob is really nice, it's not over done but obvious enough to pull you in a bit more, I can totally see hints of Mirrors Edge in this.

    Everyone I've talked to has been down on the beta and the demo but I don't get it. It captures the feel of BF on the console really well and adds a bunch of cool stuff to the mix with the destructible environments. People be crazy.

  • New Resident Evil 5 trailer

    • Erratic
    • June 6, 2008 at 11:09 PM
    Quote from dux

    Great another dog shit brown filter.

    Go play Psychonauts or some shit

    Quote

    Seriously

  • First Duke Nukem Forever footage!!!

    • Erratic
    • June 6, 2008 at 11:08 PM

    It's on the Cryengine 2.0 last I heard.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • June 5, 2008 at 1:31 AM

    Cue blood squirtting

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/75460ninjagaiden2small.jpg]

  • New Resident Evil 5 trailer

    • Erratic
    • June 5, 2008 at 1:29 AM

    Game of the year 2009.

    Quote

    ":15jxznjb]Yes I know, most of the people get very surprised when I say this... I loved too much RE1/2/3 for PS1, and when RE4 came out, I was expecting something along the lines of the original games!

    For me, the true RE4 is Resident Evil Code Veronica for Dreamcast!

    I see where you're coming from, I'm a huge fan of the old RE formula (Code Veronica most underrated of them all omg) but I loved RE4 equally. It still has the heart and soul of the old games, I'd suggest giving it another try, really.

  • Bionic Commando

    • Erratic
    • June 4, 2008 at 12:52 AM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    I worked on one of the maps in the new multiplayer trailer (the one that looks like a fucked up highway intersection):http://%7boption%7d

    My reponse when I was linked to the trailer was "what a fucking awesome level". Good stuff Stepp

    Quote

    I goddamn love highways

  • Fallout 3

    • Erratic
    • June 3, 2008 at 1:33 AM

    I thought this was probably the best screen released yet

    [Blocked Image: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/fallout3screens/screen17B.jpg]

    Still a tad desaturated but there's definitely some colour popping through there. I just really love all the mechanical detail in that shot as well as the menu thing:

    [Blocked Image: http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/xblah/other/online_pip_boy_status.jpg]

    It's not as bad UT3 was but I can see where people are coming from. I wasn't a Fallout guy so I don't have too many expectations.

  • Crytek drops Crysis patch support

    • Erratic
    • June 2, 2008 at 11:33 PM

    Diverting resources to console ports?

    I want an expansion over that

  • GTA IV now... gamers review

    • Erratic
    • June 2, 2008 at 12:59 AM
    Quote from Furyo

    Well I did say the game was worth a 9/10 score Honestly, I've played it entirely and am not looking forward to go back to it, but that's also been the case with Vice City and San Andreas. I always was all about story telling and narrative, and this is precisely what I loved in this iteration. That's also why there are only a few games I'll go back to and play multiple times. Other than that, once a game is done it's very much like a movie I won't even try to get back to it for at least a couple years.

    I think, in the end, after having spent 40+ hours with it, the story is its biggest flaw. *runs for the hills*

    That said, I still think it deserves the 10's; if of course we're considering a 10 as simply the best of its kind and not 'perfect'.

  • race driver GRID

    • Erratic
    • June 1, 2008 at 7:38 PM

    Tried the 360 demo, liked it a lot. I'm rather picky with racing titles but I found it really enjoyable. The sense of speed was really well done with the camera wobble and all that.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • June 1, 2008 at 5:10 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/pgr4_box.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  2. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:17 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™