1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ArchWolf

Posts by ArchWolf

  • First Texture Ever.

    • ArchWolf
    • January 24, 2005 at 5:12 PM

    I'm gonna end up trying again with the texture, to see if I can come up with something better, and use some better techniques and crap. I'm posting from school, so when I get home, I'll try again! ^^

  • First Texture Ever.

    • ArchWolf
    • January 23, 2005 at 7:16 PM

    Heya. You people from #mapcore probably already know me, but I'm new to the forums (gg laziness). Anyway, I just started trying to learn how to do textures in Photoshop, and I decided...for my first try, to remake a texture I saw in a custom WAD I found a while ago. It's not an EXACT remake, I did make some variations that I wanted to make...but anyway...I'd really like as much constructive criticism as I can get, I want to get better!

    Original:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.archwolf.net/textures/floor1.jpg]

    Remake:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.archwolf.net/textures/newtile1.jpg]

    Like I said, this is my first attempt at texturing. I already know I need more detail in the texture, and I was told that I need to learn how to 'normal map' it (which I have no idea how to do), but apart from that, any input would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks to everyone in advance for your time! Have a great day.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™