1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Centrum

Posts by Centrum

  • totally random texture thread

    • Centrum
    • January 21, 2005 at 3:24 PM

    Ok, last try

    [Blocked Image: http://img132.exs.cx/img132/1845/mud25np.jpg]

    The contrast must seem a bit wired, I know, but here's a slice of the reference photo to show that its sorta like that in real life.

    [Blocked Image: http://img132.exs.cx/img132/3696/untitled14iw.jpg]

    It would be really cool if someone found the time to quickly throw it onto some brushes in a level editor (like Sandbox, Hammer or UnrealED) and send a screenie. Thanks!

    Best,

    Centrum

  • totally random texture thread

    • Centrum
    • January 21, 2005 at 10:13 AM

    I guess by too white you mean too bright? Here is another version. The white bits come from sand - its in essence dried sand with some loose bits on the top. It could be that my lcd display makes the texture look a bit different than you guys see it.

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/6548/mud27om.jpg]

    That better?

    Btw. champ, I see that you're working at Crytek - cool I don't have FarCry with me at the moment, let alone the sandbox editor - It would be awesome if you could use the texture in some test level and send me screenshot of it - of course, only if you find the time. I'd love to see how it looks ingame. (I can send it to you in any fileformat - tga, ...)

    Thanks a bunch

  • totally random texture thread

    • Centrum
    • January 21, 2005 at 12:40 AM

    Well thanks for the comments - this is my 2nd texture ever

    Could you give me some tips on how to make the texture more suitable for a game? I thought the aim with the textures was to make them as realistic as possible...but it seems I was wrong

    Best,

    Centrum

  • totally random texture thread

    • Centrum
    • January 20, 2005 at 10:25 PM

    Here's a dried mud texture.

    [Blocked Image: http://img120.exs.cx/img120/9770/samud21xn.jpg]

    Used photo as base and PS.

    UPDATE: How about now?

  • My first texture

    • Centrum
    • January 20, 2005 at 10:30 AM

    Ok, here an updated version which is a bit sharper.

    [Blocked Image: http://img151.exs.cx/img151/9840/texconc29wt.jpg]

    Comments?

  • My first texture

    • Centrum
    • January 20, 2005 at 12:28 AM

    Hi everyone

    I've just created my first texture from a photo with some PS magic, namely the healbrush, stamp, and sharpen tools. What do you think?

    [Blocked Image: http://img44.exs.cx/img44/9762/textureconc0jy.gif]

    Also I found it quite hard to tile brick textures. Is there a good way of doing this without messing up the whole pattern?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™