1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Dejavo

Posts by Dejavo

  • CS_AGENCY

    • Dejavo
    • September 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    http://www.acoustics.org/press/147th/Case_Fig3.jpg

    http://journal.nearbennett.com/wp-content/upl…-highlights.jpg

    Photos taken with camera flash or some weirdly intense lightning. But if it works for you then good. The art is so impressive in general I shouldn't nag about details.

  • CS_AGENCY

    • Dejavo
    • September 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

    Looks amaaoozing. Played very well in tests. GJ u guys.


    edit: Just played it with bots. I Think some materials are too shiny. Some plaster, on the inside of ct-left stairs for example look like some space reflective nasa-stuff. Bricks on the same flank look plastic from the spec and so on. A bit distracting for gameplay-reasons and doesn't sell the materials art-wise.

  • Going to the gym is like a korean MMORPG

    • Dejavo
    • August 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

    i.e lifting does not grow you a Ron Swanson mustache.

  • Company of Heroes 2

    • Dejavo
    • August 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM

    Haven't played the game yet but if the Nazis are portrayed even slightly compelling for once I'd find it refreshing.

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Dejavo
    • June 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

    The yellow car looks a bit off perspective wise and slightly squashed. I really like the lightning and setting though.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Dejavo
    • June 1, 2013 at 12:19 PM

    It's a bit heavy in reds I guess. Will try some other colors to break the monotony. What do you mean with gradient?

  • totally random texture thread

    • Dejavo
    • May 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM

    Currently working on a school project. It's a diablo/fallout-inspired turn based 2dgame with isometric tiles.

    Set in a castle, this is the dungeon art so far:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Bj9dn9E.jpg]

    Today I began making a kikette-inspired wall for the living quarters:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/7jR1M1l.jpg]

    Hope you don't mind kikette Love your stuff and I wanted to have a go at your style.

  • PAYDAY 2

    • Dejavo
    • May 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM

    Looks like a steal.

    Srsly though I think it looks really good.

  • [UDK] Artifact Research Lab

    • Dejavo
    • May 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM

    the floor screws up the scale for me. A person sized to use the computers would get stuck with his feet in the floor.

    Hard to rest ones eyes in the scene. It might be to full bright. Foreground, middle and background are fighting for attention with lightning and colors.

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Dejavo
    • May 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM

    Yep. Lost me at #5.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 2.0

    • Dejavo
    • April 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM

    puddy causing controversy with his militaristic playtestleading-nazi-ways. I'll be there.

  • Tropes vs Women in Video Games

    • Dejavo
    • March 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    Quote from Rick_D

    I watched the whole 'Man Woman Myth' series on youtube, it was really interesting and highlighted a lot of problems with media and cultures aprroach to male/female equality; for example women are focused on very heavily whereas men are maligned and treated as numbers, a good example is when soldiers, firefights, pile, etc die or are injured on the job the classic line is "10 firefighters were killed today", or "9 firefighters and a woman were killed today", and so on. men are virtually 100% of workplace deaths, men have no rights in family courts, men are treated as rapists almost by default. Now this pisses me off because I know many of these things are unfair, but that is from my personal experience. But how can I possibly know what it's like from the other side?

    Same with these "Women in the Video Game Industry" incentives. I find it very easy to get offended that companies are focusing on women, and providing benefits and honouring women in the games industry just for the simple fact that they are women. It's easy for me to feel that it's completely unfair, where is my trophy, where are my benefits? But then I see threads and opinions like this and suddenly it's not such a big deal; there's obviously a problem if people are doing something about it.

    TL;DR for dux and sentura: fuck you lmao

    Some good points here imo. The "9 firefighters and a women were killed today"-story has, at least in sweden, spurred "mens rights activists" to promote an equivelent of feminism but for men. And so the "It's all unfair-mudslinging" rages on from both sides. I'd rather look at this from a biological point of view. The reason why the death of men have, and always have been regarded as mear numbers is that men are dispensible. A tribe of 10 men and 1 women has slim chances of survival due to the cap on reproduction. A tribe of 1 man and 10 women though are able to gain numbers very quickly. Thus the fairly small long term impact on demographics from devastating wars (devestating for men but not for the longevity of the tribe/nation).

    Men are sent to war, men have the most dangerous jobs and men made the risky vouyages to unmapped territory discovering and colonizing the new world. Men are more prone to take risks (due to differences in our hormonal composition) and this makes sense since men are more dispensible. And I think this history of risk taking and adventure is often reflected in video games. Modern men might spend most of their time in cubicles staring at screens only to go home and masturbate to another screen. But men still yearn for risk and adventure. And since men we're the first to discover and create the gaming medium, most of the games reflect this. There will probably be a gradual change when more women get involved and a diversification of genres. But I don't think the Battlefields, and the Assassins creeds of the industry should be forcibly made more appealing to women simply because I think this change would make them equally less appealing to men.

  • Gabe Newell: Reflections of a Video Game Maker

    • Dejavo
    • February 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM

    Valve economist Yaris Varoufakis interviewed on economics podcast econtalk.

    http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2013/…fakis_on_v.html

  • PC gaming nirvana

    • Dejavo
    • February 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM

    Something about the muscles in the eye not getting the exercise they need. That's what an optician told me.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • February 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM

    penE: Great stuff as always. You have some serious digital wood working skills yo.

  • Gabe Newell: Reflections of a Video Game Maker

    • Dejavo
    • February 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM

    Well to me it seems as if people are developing a kind of "this did so not happen"-mentality on places like reddit and similar. Naturally there is a lack of trust when anonymous people with no reputation to loose post hard to believe-stuff.

    Gabe was great. Love how he uses the tools of economics to understand the world. Saying things like, market mechanism, moral hazard, incentives and so on. Steam really is a kind of micro-economy and it's supar that such a smart guy is there to steer and explain all this newness.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • January 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    Quote from Kinky

    Sounds dangerous.

    I don't get it.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • January 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM

    Beck: I think you should be able to have modular pieces and combine them with snap in-engine without merging vertices. I remember seing this in a tutorial at least. I just finished building my first modular piece for a school assignment and I had to merge the vertices in 3dsmax for UDK lightning to be consistent over modular edges though. I probably messed something up.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • December 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM

    Chainsaw: Owkey. Then I think that the coating on the blade should have been more matte/less specular than the rest of the metal. For contrast and realism. That kinda coating is really rough and non-reflective from my experience.

    That Lee ensfield is amazing. I'm gonna use it as a ref for materials next time.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • December 23, 2012 at 7:19 PM

    Thanks Pudzzor. Yes it's my first gun.

    Chainsaw: Thanks for the crits. I agree with all of them. The plastic sure looks a bit to mint. A guy in school joked it reminded him of a leather gucci pattern. Poor material definition.

    Good job with your shotgun. Really digging how the specular works on that wood.

    Did you model from a reference? I wonder if that grayish coating on the knife blade is in your reference if there is one.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™