1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Dejavo

Posts by Dejavo

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • December 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM

    I too suffer from gradient normal bake-syndrome. I learned that the low poly should be fully smoothed and you're good. And I've just kinda fixed my bakes in photoshop since. So you guys are saying that hard edges should be uv splits to avoid them?

  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Dejavo
    • December 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM

    TBH I think you still need an artist. Looks a bit like cs 1.6 with the heavy brushwork but with high res textures and nicer lightning.


    I think it played well but B puts me off a bit with all the tight ever changing sight lines due to pillars and bushes.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • December 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM

    Are the textures your own? They have a nice consistent feel to them.

  • E3 2013 - The Division | Ubisoft

    • Dejavo
    • December 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM

    It's a small team of env. artists from what I've heard. It's developed by massive and it's their tech too.

  • The Witcher 3

    • Dejavo
    • December 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

    I remember the first game as being more open world and letting you do things in your own pace while Witcher 2 was more rigid. In the end I was super impressed by the look and feel of witcher 2 but never got as invested in the story or the world as I was in witcher 1.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Dejavo
    • December 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

    Stranger I think you need to look at official maps and try to figure out what patterns and elements they consist of that make them fun and interesting. And take a look at their scale as well. Corridor widths, line of sights etc.


    And the envorinement you are creating doesnt seem believable. For example if you went the right route as T and down through a lowered path and then pop up again in the middle of that big wall facing the bomb site. What would that lowered path represent in a real envoirnement? Why would there be an opening in the middle of a huge wall? In modern cs-maps I expect to find the envoirnement believable. I think the dust3000-look aggrevates this problem so stick to dev-textures at this stage.

  • Battlefield 4

    • Dejavo
    • December 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM

    I just had 2 crashes in 10 minutes. Jejeeeeeeeee.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • November 26, 2013 at 8:08 AM

    Thanks. I have a reference for the left one. The other one is hurting my eyes right now.

  • Arbor Vitae - UDK Scene [WIP]

    • Dejavo
    • November 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

    Love everything in this scene and the lighting in this pic in particular http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5516/11026035884_81efd9fd38_o.jpg .

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • November 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM

    Speaking of source. I'm working on a small morrocan scene with custom content for cs go. A bit empty atm but this is what I've got.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZUJalXd.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5BmxIOZ.jpg]

  • Battlefield 4

    • Dejavo
    • November 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

    "The war has changed" - solid snake + battlefield narrator.

    "War never changes" - Fallout 3.

    2-1 war has changed.


    Looks cool though. BF-trailers never fail to get me hyped.

  • Unit size 3dsmax -> hammer

    • Dejavo
    • November 21, 2013 at 9:14 AM

    This is my setup:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/o1g2sYn.jpg]

    I just did a test export and it was 1:1. Same settings at home and in school, same results :z.


    Shawnolson: I figured it was something along those lines. Thanks for explaining that.


    edit: Checked that qc $scale is set to 1.

  • Unit size 3dsmax -> hammer

    • Dejavo
    • November 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

    Stepphenwolf that makes sense to me but I had the same settings.

    I changed system unit scale to 1 unit = 16 feet and it's 1:1 with hammer now. Maybe that helps someone else.

  • Unit size 3dsmax -> hammer

    • Dejavo
    • November 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

    Yes, that is where I found "Note: Hammer units are equal to 3DSMAX's generic units."


    I'll try with cm, see if I can make sense of the conversion. Thanks for the reply.

  • Unit size 3dsmax -> hammer

    • Dejavo
    • November 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM

    Yoho. The wiki says that 1 unit in hammer equals 1 generic unit in 3dsmax. But they don't match for me. 3dsmax units seem to be more than 2x bigger.


    Also, if I resize things in max with the general resize tool, hammer doesnt recognize the change. But if I scale all the verts instead, hammer recognize it. Wat. Plz help.

  • Arbor Vitae - UDK Scene [WIP]

    • Dejavo
    • November 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

    Wow. Great job. I love the subtle grit you put on some of the assets.

    I agree that the scene is a bit cluttered with the current lightning. steppenwolfs paintover feels more grounded.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • November 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM

    Nice. I think foliage is a pain to do in source but that's looking good. Didnt know it was the mipmapping doing that btw. Just thought it was a limitation in source or something.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Dejavo
    • October 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM

    What I said on mumble: I'd like A entrance for T to have a mirage-push style timing where T can push out and grab som ground easily. For B-push I feel a bit awkward and vulnerable as T before reaching the red doors. A bit to much open space overall on T-side of map for my cs-taste.


    Overall I like the dynamic of the map when a bomb plant is happening and mid is being used to rotate.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • September 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM

    I've lost my own critical eyes for this now. Sculpt and bake practice. Gonna do the 3dmotive foliage for UDK-tut before I do any more outdoorsy stuff fo sho.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/VaX2Dpk.jpg]

  • GTA V

    • Dejavo
    • September 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

    Yeah I'm more pumped for cruising around on the countryside, driving dirt roads and making crazy jumps and all that. I really digged the vastness of it in SA.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™