1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Dejavo

Posts by Dejavo

  • Beers

    • Dejavo
    • April 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM

    I've honestly never drank a craft/micro brewery beer I liked. They tend to have a stingy taste in my experience which I suppose is "mature" or whatever.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • April 11, 2014 at 9:58 AM

    I don't often say this but I think you can add more envmap in those textures.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • April 2, 2014 at 7:06 PM

    cincinatti: Looks sweet. Did you mipmap the brick texture. Looks a bit noisy further away.

  • Investment Bankers...

    • Dejavo
    • March 19, 2014 at 3:02 PM

    Money is originally an IOU for gold or other goods. The papers value was connected to the value of the deposited good and the ability of the issuer to pay back the good. In more recent times though the value is connected to trust. The trust in central banks to not dilute the supply of money (increasingly less so post crisis) and the ability of nation states to carry its debt.


    The graphs of US debt you posted Minos are not adjusted for inflation or gdp. This is debt level/gdp:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DdnfEfM.png]

    If the value of the dollar and other currencies is based on the ability of the issuing country to carry its debt things look a bit better for the US. At least provided that the forecasts pan out. In the long term the US economy is still fairly competitive and the demographics are favorable relatively other developed nations. Japan on the other hand, with a debt to gdp over 200% and unfavorable demographics is looking worse.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • March 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/2z7PxwQ.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GNswV7F.jpg]


    Wiping here on defuse-map set in Tehran.

    Does anyone know why my normal map-gradients gets squashed in compression by vtfedit? I import the file with ABGR8888. You can see the jagged gradient in the first pic top left.

  • Dahell is happening in Kiev

    • Dejavo
    • March 14, 2014 at 7:34 PM

    dat conspiracy tho

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Dejavo
    • March 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM

    Nah I dunno. I find a readable map makes a pleasurable experience. It's not so much about competitive for me but more about leaving every encounter feeling that i had a fair opportunity to determine the outcome. DoD is a different thing since 1 life/round is less valuable. A weird/random death isn't as annoying when you're fairly quickly back in combat.

  • Dahell is happening in Kiev

    • Dejavo
    • March 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM

    This post is pre-ukraine and olympics but it explains some of Putins popularity. http://huntergatherer.com/alpha-why-west…vladimir-putin/

  • Dahell is happening in Kiev

    • Dejavo
    • March 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM

    I like RT and it's good that she demonstrates their editorial independence and all that... but.

    "Military intervention is never the answear."

    Really? I can think of plenty of theoretical and historical scenarios were intervention is the answear.

    I wouldn't dismiss intervention on that hard line.

  • Dahell is happening in Kiev

    • Dejavo
    • February 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM

    I for one appreciate d3ads contribution here. It might or might not be the side I take (i srsly dunno) but only hearing the echo chamber of you and your buddies same bias is poision. It's like those political facebook posts where everyone with the same opinion jumps on the band wagon and congratulate each other for having the right and moral opinion.

  • Dahell is happening in Kiev

    • Dejavo
    • February 21, 2014 at 3:18 PM

    "Swedish journalists". Allow me to lol. There is no such thing. EU bias is huge in all bodies of power and media in Sweden and much of western europe.


    This situation really fascinates me. I think Russia has its shit together on a whole other level than EU at the moment. Approval of EU is hitting new lows all the time in eu-country polls. The euro strangles the less competitive economies and boost german exports. People are fed up with Schengen (free movement of people within EU), especially in britain and france, and Schweiz recently voted to opt out from schengen and is now being punished by eu-bureaucrats for it.


    I don't think that pro-eu protestors know what they're asking for. I'd go for Russia/neutral if it was my decision.


    I'm not trying to defend the ukrainian government or the use of force. I know to little to take sides like that.

  • DE_BROOKTOWN

    • Dejavo
    • February 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM

    "The layout is a variation of the standard dust2 figure of 8 layout." is alluding to that the only thing this map has in common with dust 2 is that they're based on the same layout style. I think it would be more accurate to say that it is simply an altered version of dust 2 in a new setting.


    So I'm not sure what your focus is here. Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem to display your leveldesign skills. In terms of art, if that's your focus I agree with that the lighting is too yellow.

  • Flappy Octopus, Flappy Jellfish, Flappy Whale, Flappy Fish, Flappy Wings

    • Dejavo
    • February 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM

    My favorite game for ios was a tetris clone called tris. Nice visuals and a good control for touch I would have happily paid for it if it wasn't free. Nintendo had him take it down and that was that. I dunno if I care about the flappy plagiarize deal. It's such a simple game and it filled a market niche. The insane thing about the whole story is the money/effort-ratio and seeing the human hivemind at work.

  • [CS:GO] De_marquis

    • Dejavo
    • February 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

    ff

  • A CS:GO Editing Crash Course [Advice needed]

    • Dejavo
    • January 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM

    must. not. learn. modelling.

  • [CS:GO] De_marquis

    • Dejavo
    • January 21, 2014 at 11:43 AM

    I was in Paris this summer and yeah I'm pretty sure there were two suns. Other than that you really captured an authentic parisian feeling. Great utilizing of the train tracks that are on a lower level but still open to the sky. I recall them from my stay. The underground stone wall texture might be a bit dark though for readability in encounters.


    The chimneys are nice and iconic but they have a smoothing error.

  • Going crazy at work, need help!

    • Dejavo
    • January 11, 2014 at 8:27 PM

    Minos: I think that passion generally is a rationalization for subconsciously wanting pussy. That's what were programmed to do after all. I agree with you about Columbus. Less suffering for sure.


    I derailed the topic a bit and I'm totally behind what you're saying Steppen. Meditation is a good way to practice what you are advocating imo. Just being in the present moment and letting go of the past/future is a freeing experience.

  • Going crazy at work, need help!

    • Dejavo
    • January 11, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    But if you internalize the frustration you do it wrong. It's not at all about forced restraint. It's about actualy not getting frustrated because you learn not to put as much weight behind everything that happens to you.

    I just looked this up quickly because i don't want to cite anything wrong. In buddhism itself the idea is that your suffering is caused by craving and aversion. And the way to deal with it (the "road to happiness") is to adjust your own expectations of other people and what you want. Make them lagom so to speak

    Yes I agree with what you're saying. I meditate myself, or try at least. It takes practice though and It's easier said than done to actually not let stuff get to you.

    I'm a bit conflicted though. I think it's really important to speak your mind when you perceive something to be done the wrong way. Otherwise you risk ending up being the quiet "nice guy" putting up a facade of agreement and consent while being frustrated and pissed of inside. It's neither good for yourself or the people you are pissed of at since it's dishonest and you don't give them a chance to better themself. Do this for too long and you start resenting the people around you.


    The other end of the extreme seema bit to close to not caring about the outcome. Who cares if the customers receive lousy support. It's ok for this game to turn out mediocare. It's fine if I don't get that promotion. And so one. If buddhists ran the world I'd imagine few of the great human achievements in entertainment, art, architecture and technology would have happened. These men were driven by a craving for fame, women, money and so on. Buddhist Colombus wouldn't have sailed to america imo. I say this understanding that this probably would have been a happier world with less suffering.

  • Going crazy at work, need help!

    • Dejavo
    • January 10, 2014 at 2:26 PM

    That's nice if you really can let things go. But if you only keep calm on the surface and internalize the frustration you just become passive aggressive.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Dejavo
    • December 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

    Am I being an ass in saying that you should be there in person when testing your map?

    1.We're not professional testers providing some kind of feedback service. We all take time of doing something else to test your map so I think it's fair to expect map makers to show up.

    2. You miss a lot of indirect feedback by not participating and observing how the map is playing and feedback in ingame chat.


    Suggest one of the days stated in the first post when you think that you can be there imo.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™