That's awesome Philip~
Posts by DaanO
-
-
I saw that last year at E3 already and it looked really cool, all of the screens. From what i remember the level design was quite well done yeah
-
I don't have a clue what you're talking about. I guess the Dutch cinema's are just slow.
-
Those are some great photos. All of them.
-
Oh dear, that's awesome!
-
Fix it anyway. It was the first thing i noticed. It's easy enough to fix up. The colors and all look good.
-
Also, stolve, a tip to draw noses: don't use lines for those, only at the bottom. noses aren't lines. use shading instead.
-
-
You have to see things a bit more relative and replace that word with 'favorite' in your mind

-
CJ's like super (both CJ's in mapping hehe)
-
I didn't find that funny at all
-
Quote from mike-0
Pretty funny, i think. However, i got pissed when he was talking about how those quake4 crates have skulls on them, making fun of how ridiculous it was. Well guess what? Theres more shit that doesnt make sense in that game than crates with skulls on them, like the robot alien things. That shouldnt be viewed as a negative, because its just how the game is.
So basically some games don't make sense (ie are stupid, in a way) and we should just accept that?
Personally, i think there's a huge difference between things that make sense within a genre (like alien robots) and things that don't make sense at all. Crates for one don't make sense at all 90% of the time.
-
Hmmmm i guess that in general, when you're drawing, you need some really strong lines. As few as possible as well. Make a strong shape, and leave it alone.
-
1) He isn't talking about doom3 alone. Some awesome AI would be awesome. period.
3) Not as awesome as being outsmarted by a computer. I would be really scared if that happened. And that's good. I hardly ever feel any emotino at all hen playing computer games.
4+5) No comment.
-
I just got my hands on a digicam! So that means that tomorrow (basically, when i am sober again pfffff) my site will be up and you'll get some lovely sketches and drawings.
Also: Sometimes using lines is better than using like, patches (or whatever they're called in english). For the shoulders for example.
-
So why do you people not agree? You guys aren't some crate-conservaties are ya?
-
Quote from st0lve
Damn I wish I could do the same thing!
I think the whole 'something useful' thing is quite relative. While getting a job in the industry will prove your parents wrong, i don't think it matters that much (for justifying spending time on the computer, not in life or anything, pets klein~). If you enjoy something, then it's time well spent. Period. Personally i think that everybody should enjoy the stuff they do and stop to care about things other people say about you. The meaning of life is having fun and enjoying your time. Computer games are fun, and therefor.... well you get the point. It's time well spent. Have fun.
Klein: The day i'll be able to do just that would be like, even better than things are now. I guess it's just like when i sold my first painting. 4 fours of work, 200 euro's. Damn i loved the faces of my friends

-
I think it's the engine for the game really. The textures look good and the levels look decent.
-
I predict that in a few years, when making games prettier doesn't work anymore (when it gets too expensive and / or gamers think it's realistic enough), this
"That means the next generation of games will likely play just like this generation. Only shiny. "
will be a problem of the past. If that happens i'll sigh, thank god and then probably get on with my life. But still, it'd be good.
edit: I now read all of it, and i agree. Although i do think that if jumping was combined with shooting (in fps games) it could give the player some really interesting challenges. Jump puzzles are a bit silly but they're fun. And they do work. kz_ maps are something big for hl1. That's the only thing i don't agree with.
-
Oh that moon picture is good this way. I love how the moon becomes a subtle detail that can amaze people once they see it. It doesn't have the "OH LOOK IT'S THE FKN MOON!" thing that many pictures of the moon have. When i looked at that picture i was like, hey isn't that the moon? I like how it's small. It's good to give people a 'reward' for looking carefully.
That 4th photo, i took many of those. The light is awesome when there's a bunch of trees in front but it's like impossible to get it right. I can imagine what you wanted to show with that photo
